Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Google Wealth Sytem
    I was considering buying this package but have read very little about it,have any of you seen heard or read anything about this package.Matt Robinson was the guy who made it.

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    West Coast USA
    Posts
    3,043
    Is this a LATE April Fools?

  3. #3
    Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    652
    I don't think Germans have an April Fools' Day.

    In all seriousness though, most eBooks like Google Wealth System are (in my opinion) pretty much crap. And I've read a few. They probably have some valid points and maybe even some good tips and techniques, but are usually not worth the hefty cost. At $37 (I looked it up), this one is not one of the more expensive ones, but the fact is that all of the info it contains can almost certainly be found for free in articles, blogs, and forums like ABestWeb. And because it's an eBook rather than a dynamic website, it's probably not going to have the most up to date information in a business sector (affiliate marketing) that changes rapidly and constantly. I have read one eBook that I found to have a good amount of basic pay-per-click marketing information, called "Google Cash" by Chris Carpenter. But again it's very expensive for a book. To Chris' credit he provides updates to the eBook periodically and there's more web-based resources included when you buy it, but it still covers a relatively narrow slice of affiliate marketing and may not be a good fit for everyone.

    If you have a lot of money to burn, and want to play your luck and hope to find a pretty good eBook that somehow might contain most of the info you'd need for a startup affilite business, all consolidated in its contents, then good luck. But the odds are against it. You'd be better off reading the free resources on the web (especially here on ABW) and take some time getting acquainted, then begin asking specific questions on ABW once you have an idea of how the affiliate marketing business works and how to best use Google and other search engines to make money.

    If you feel that you really need a book, try going to a local bookstore and spending $15-$20 or so (not sure how much that is in Euros) on an affiliate marketing book in print that you can actually flip through before buying and that isn't just pure hype like most of the eBooks. "Wealth strategy" eBooks are typically in the $37 - $97 range. Generally a ripoff. I'm not sure which bookstore books to recommend, but someone here might know. I believe I've heard Andrew Goodman's book mentioned on here by some experienced ABWers.

    And welcome to ABW!!

  4. #4
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    6,195
    Is this a LATE April Fools?
    No, more likely it's

  5. #5
    Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    No, more likely it's
    Could be. But I gave the poster the benefit of the doubt in that he might just be a newbie who really wants to learn. If he's a spammer he probably won't post again under this name. Or his next posts will make it clear that he's just trying to get some free press for this eBook.

  6. #6
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2007
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    76
    How long until a helpful 1 post noob comes along to tell us that it's the best google ebook ever written?

  7. #7
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    spam or self promo?

  8. #8
    Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    652
    Yeah, probably a self-promo. He hasn't posted anything else. Even if I got suckered in, the info is still sound. eBooks on making money and wealth strategies tend to be inordinately expensive, all hype and little or no substance.

  9. #9
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Talking
    The only one to make any money is the one selling th e-book.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador PatrickAllmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2005
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,219
    BurgerBoy - I love that sig.

    I think the books - e or otherwise - are good if you don't know about the subject matter. Most people here that have over 50-100 posts pretty much know what is going on in the game . So the Rich Jerk, etc. is just knowledge that most everybody has summarized up and made pretty.

    If you are just getting into online marketing any ebook will be worth the money. You can wade through years of posts here, or you can pay $$ to read alot of it in one sitting.

    When people say "just search the forums for the answers" here or any place else it is a very difficult thing to do. Forums are not meant to be books or instruction. They are meant for conversations. And finding information can be a PITA sometimes. Paying money for a book that is explicitly designed to teach you a subject can be worth it in the time you save. And time is always money. You can learn everything a person that has an MBA has for free. But there is something to be said for going to college.

    I do not say all of this as a huge ebook proponent - I've only bought one in my life. I say it as a proponent of books and educational material in general. They are designed for teaching and learning. These forums are the greatest repository of material I know. But they are not condusive to learning or teaching.

    (Wow - that is more than I usually post in a year in one posting!)
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

  11. #11
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    When people say "just search the forums for the answers" here or any place else it is a very difficult thing to do.
    Actually, searching is far more useful here than most places. The regulars here are incredibly good at using descriptive thead titles, and the moderators will change the titles if they aren't clear.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  12. #12
    Newbie fcarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDonald
    How long until a helpful 1 post noob comes along to tell us that it's the best google ebook ever written?
    I am rich and own my own island thanks to The Google Wealth System!

    April fools Haha!

    Actually, I'm ashamed to admit it but I purchased it and it is absolutely, positively nothing that you can't easily learn reading forums and in Google's help systems. Don't waste your time or money on it

    Hope This Helps
    Frank Carsen

  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador netnow22's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    748
    If you want a REAL get rich scheme, just pay Haiko $10.00 and then read this forum

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    I don't think Germans have an April Fools' Day.

    In all seriousness though, most eBooks like Google Wealth System are (in my opinion) pretty much crap. And I've read a few. They probably have some valid points and maybe even some good tips and techniques, but are usually not worth the hefty cost. At $37 (I looked it up), this one is not one of the more expensive ones, but the fact is that all of the info it contains can almost certainly be found for free in articles, blogs, and forums like ABestWeb. And because it's an eBook rather than a dynamic website, it's probably not going to have the most up to date information in a business sector (affiliate marketing) that changes rapidly and constantly. I have read one eBook that I found to have a good amount of basic pay-per-click marketing information, called "Google Cash" by Chris Carpenter. But again it's very expensive for a book. To Chris' credit he provides updates to the eBook periodically and there's more web-based resources included when you buy it, but it still covers a relatively narrow slice of affiliate marketing and may not be a good fit for everyone.

    If you have a lot of money to burn, and want to play your luck and hope to find a pretty good eBook that somehow might contain most of the info you'd need for a startup affilite business, all consolidated in its contents, then good luck. But the odds are against it. You'd be better off reading the free resources on the web (especially here on ABW) and take some time getting acquainted, then begin asking specific questions on ABW once you have an idea of how the affiliate marketing business works and how to best use Google and other search engines to make money.

    If you feel that you really need a book, try going to a local bookstore and spending $15-$20 or so (not sure how much that is in Euros) on an affiliate marketing book in print that you can actually flip through before buying and that isn't just pure hype like most of the eBooks. "Wealth strategy" eBooks are typically in the $37 - $97 range. Generally a ripoff. I'm not sure which bookstore books to recommend, but someone here might know. I believe I've heard Andrew Goodman's book mentioned on here by some experienced ABWers.

    And welcome to ABW!!
    Thanks for your long reply,I only wished I had waited a little longer,because I went ahead and purchased the book to my chagrin all of your comments are true.It is very much a rehash of old ideas which I could have got from forums.

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Just to put you all in the picture I am a newbie no it wasn't a spam or a promo for the book.
    Germany does have April fools day its called APRIL APRIL practical joking goes on all day.
    I am an Englishman residing in Germany

  16. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Hey Guys,

    I've been lurking around here for a while.

    Google Wealth System has a bunch of worthless pdfs about how to login to clickbank and choose a product.

    I wouldn't feel comfortable giving those pdfs as free reports. That's how bad they are. Now this buy here is actually Rob Benwell.

    AND w/ his package you get an illegal pirated copy of my own software Xtreme Conversions. I had his account suspended by Clickbank. If anyone bought this product, I urge you to return it, or at the very least destroy the illegal copy of my copyrighted software. Legal action is under way.

    To get a legal license to Xtreme Conversions, feel free to visit: xconversions.com

    If anyone actually bought GWS, you'll notice that my software is no longer up on his download page, although he tried to pull a fast one by making a hosted version of my software hoping that I'd be fooled into thinking it was original.

    Message is return GWS, or destroy the keyword software that he included, it's pirated.

    Also, watch out for Rob Benwell. From what I hear, I am not the first person to have my copyright violated by him.

    Amir

  17. #17
    Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    652
    Does anyone even make any money with ClickBank? I tried promoting some products there with superhigh "gravity" and couldn't get a single damned sale. This was a couple years ago, and the crapola "products" they have at CB, coupled with the bad taste in my mouth that my experience left, made certain I wouldn't return. IMHO.

  18. #18
    Kung Fu Master Eathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    Does anyone even make any money with ClickBank? I tried promoting some products there with superhigh "gravity" and couldn't get a single damned sale. This was a couple years ago, and the crapola "products" they have at CB, coupled with the bad taste in my mouth that my experience left, made certain I wouldn't return. IMHO.
    I have no idea if anyone really makes money with them, but it seems like every ebook off the eshelf is about how some eguru is going to help us make our emillions through clickbank. The smell of spam clings to clickbank like a stinky warning shouting "Stay away!"

    They may really be a fantastic operation, but something about their set-up fosters spam and the spammers have given them a negative association in my mind.
    Eathan Mertz

    Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

  19. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2005
    Posts
    6


    You've got to be kidding. I personally know tons of people who make $1000's off of PPC and Clickbank on a monthly basis. There is a learning curve and it takes time, but definitely doable. And with Xtreme Conversions, it's much easier.

    Amir

  20. #20
    Kung Fu Master Eathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by noorodeen


    You've got to be kidding. I personally know tons of people who make $1000's off of PPC and Clickbank on a monthly basis. There is a learning curve and it takes time, but definitely doable. And with Xtreme Conversions, it's much easier.

    Amir
    Nope, not kidding at all. I think I last logged into clickbank about 3 years ago. Plenty of money to be made elsewhere... My comment though, was more specific to the fact that clickbank's own image is tainted by all the get rich quick ebooks and other crap associated with them. If they're a quality network, it's a shame they don't clean up their image by cleaning up some of the bad affiliate behavior.

    Anyway, best of luck with the copyright issues. It sucks having your hard work stolen.
    Eathan Mertz

    Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Eathan,

    I had his clickbank account suspended and I am in the process of sending him legal correspondance requesting $$ for damages.

    You're right about clickbank's reputation being tranished by some of these get rich quick schemes. But there is a lot of money to be made with them.

    Take care,
    amir

  22. #22
    Member marketingnoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2007
    Posts
    57
    I don't think "get rich quick schemes actually work and a website with no content just loads of links to click. It sucks when i go to websites with "I will email you a secret" only to find out that its the basic principles of marketing the people somehow already know but taken for granted. And the big surprise is loads of spam mails from random business with yahoo email address asking for bank information.

  23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Increasing wealth - how did you do it?
    By perfectG in forum Voting Booth
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 11th, 2002, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •