Got To Love The Internet
    On Tuesday night I went into the city to meet my buddy from Austrailia and his assisant. I asked her what was the worst part of the trip so far and she tells me it was leaving her kids at the airport at home. They were sad because mommy was leaving and they wouldn't see her for a few weeks.

She is telling me this as we were walking towards Times Square and then it hit me. I said to her do you want your kids to see you? She looked at me like I was nuts, I told her to call home and have her husband google times square web cam.

Her husband did that and told us he could see a TGI Fridays and three phone booths. I spotted the cam on 46th street corner and ran over there as he got the kids in front of the computer to say Hi to their Mommy half way around the world and it was free.

I knew they were looking at us when her husband asked what she bought that was in a green bag that she was holding lol.

Kind of a cool story if you would like to visit times square webcam here is a link times square webcam
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

That is a great story. Sometimes we take technology for granted and don't realize how much it changes our lives.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for this warmhearted tech story. I really really enjoyed it.

http and a telephoto
    Love it I wondered where the cameras were. Her kids must have loved it, and sounds like her husband did too
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    At present, I am seeing a girl standing there and talking on the cell. SHe's been there for like 1 min and now she got a paper out and is posing with it.

http and a telephoto
    Hummm... maybe May 10th an ABW'er or two could be on that corner.... but how could we coordinate and let anyone know when to go look?

That camera has great resolution!!! Usually on my huge monitor transmissions get pixelated, this one is crystal clear.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

There is a little more to the story, as we were standing there waving like crazy some guy came up to us and wanted to sell us his rap cd. I am a New Yorker and this guy just screamed trouble to me. It was only ten bucks but I wouldnt take a rap cd if you gave it to me. My buddy took out a $10 bill and gave it to him as I shook my head in disbelief. We got the guy into the camera with us after explaining that he was being shown in Austrailia and he started waving to people he didn't even know.

I asked the guy how many he sold an hour of his cd and he told me he sold 30 an hour. so this guy makes $300 an hour. My internal radar said to me I need to make a rap cd and sell it to tourist lol. I told the guy that I just broke him worldwide and people will flock to buy his cd lol he turned around and gave me one free.

I am sure that if you watch the web cam you will see me peddling something there. $300 and hour is not chump change. Of course my wheels have been spinning with gimmicks for days now. I can stand there in a t-shirt that says "ask me what happened on this spot in 1899" and for $5 I will give them a b.s. answer lol

I can tell tourist that it really is a camera for American Idol auditions and for $10 I will show the film to Simon lol The ideas just don't stop
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The internet truly is amazing with all the things it can do. I remember when my sister-in-law first put her son in daycare, she said she could watch him on their camera through her internet. She gave me the link, and sure enough, there was my little nephew sitting at a table playing with other kids. She was hesitant about putting him in daycare to begin with, but being able to watch him whenever she wanted with the camera helped tremendously. There were two different cameras, one in his classroom, and one in the cafeteria.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    This was a pretty cool story Nyfalcon...I am sure that will be a highlight in their trip! Personally speaking I hate traveling away from the family, but technology sure makes it easy to stay in touch.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread