Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Liger skull
    The beetles are finally done with the skull. These are pics of a Liger skull that we cleaned for a client. I was shocked when the skull arrived at the size! This was a 400lb + cat!
    This isn't the largest skull we have ever cleaned (we've also done longhorns, bison, giraffe, tiger and african lion) but this was by far the largest cat. Anotomically the skull is not much different than that of a lion or tiger other than the size. The canines were nearly 5 inches long.

Normally, we whiten skulls, but this client did not want to risk damaging the integrity of the bone with the chemicals because of the rarity of the species.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    man, look at those fangs! And how silly am I, I thought ligers were made up creatures in Napoleon Dynamite.

Yeah me too... I thought that the Liger was a mythical creature with magical powers. I need to watch Napoleon this weekend to compare his drawing to that picture and check for accuracy. I'm sure he probably got it close to right, I mean he did such a great job on that girls portrait.

That is a huge skull.

According to Snopes they do exist.

Isn't that the largest cat in the world currently, but I had no idea they went back to 1938.

I saw the sample pics Mac linked and thought it funny to be feeding a 9 foot tall cat with a bottle lol where is the garden hose and 1/2 cow?

would you look at the size of that sagatle crest (same name on cats?) that thing could bite your arm off no problem!

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    lol....yeah I thought they were mythological too!
    When the guy called for pricing I thought it was an April fool's joke! In fact, I was so confused at what the heck it was I was calling it a Ligra

My hubby has now threatened that we are going to get a permit and start a Liger sanctuary and when meat runs low we can feed the horse to it He's just jealous she gets more attention than him
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread