Question Guru Slayer, Affiliate Project X, Day Job Killer - Anybody try them?
    I'm curious about the value of these affiliate bootstrap programs.

Has anybody used any of these programs, and if so did have you been able to apply the program methodology to any success?

One, "Guru Slayer", apparently provides a blueprint/flowchart which clearly details the steps required to successfully select, introduce, market and follow up on any given niche product or service.

I've seen the sales letters and the videos and am intrigued, just not to the point of spending close to $100.00 without hearing some objective opinions.

Comments?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhogan
    I'm curious about the value of these affiliate bootstrap programs.
    And that curiosity is the problem. It will continue to distract you and lead you astray at times, until you tame it.

I'm fairly certain that you'll get over this immature view of the business world eventually, but if you want to speed things along, pay them $100 for their junk to teach yourself the lesson that we all have had to learn.

Success doesn't come in a box or an ebook, but the hope for it can be sold that way.

ABW Ambassador
    There is absolutely no substitute for experience.

Build a site, add affiliate programs to it, watch and learn. If the items sell, add more similiar. If they don't sell try something else. Can you get search engine traffic and make money or do you have to use PPC and other forms of advertising.

These are just a few of the thousands of decisions you will face if you stay in AM. It costs almost nothing to have a site. "Anyone" can try it.

But to be successful you must have the courage to try stuff and the intelligence to know if it's working and what to do next. Quite frankly if you can't anaylize a market and then figure out how to cash in then AM might not be the right field.
    Add on to that the frustration of search engines and online marketing skills, your brain is in for quite a workout.

Some folks have sent me their products for evaluation, and I have found most of them superficial and useless. They really don't have the depth of knowledge required for AM

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    But to be successful you must have the courage to try stuff and the intelligence to know if it's working and what to do next. Quite frankly if you can't anaylize a market and then figure out how to cash in then AM might not be the right field.
    Add on to that the frustration of search engines and online marketing skills, your brain is in for quite a workout.
    Thanks for your comments.
    This is the exact reason I joined this forum. My "Newbie" status is relative to this forum, not to my AM experience. I have tried many different things but I still can't analyze a market well nor can I seem "cash in". However I can learn and I do work hard and I do apply what I have learned. I'm NOT looking for an easy road, I'm looking for the right direction, again, this is why I joined. I'm really trying to find out what I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing that is preventing my success. Perhaps I'm doing 90% and am just missing the final 10%.

I have several sites up already, have spent a lot of time on them, have built sales pages, PPC ads, autoresponder series, I've struggled with SEO and ezine article publishing, web copy writing, split testing, analytics, late nights, weekends in the basement, little support, too much hype etc. etc.

So, this is why I was curious about affiliate bootstrap programs, not to bypass hard work, but to know if there is something in those programs that I am missing. And what I was specifically looking for were results from people who have used those programs rather than opinions about these types of programs. Trust me, I have the same opinion, but I don't want my cynicism to prevent me from taking advantage of a genuinely valuable program.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhogan
    ..., but I don't want my cynicism to prevent me from taking advantage of a genuinely valuable program.
    Cynicism is GOOD!

Your chances of finding a "genuinely valuable program" in any types of programs to which you refer is below minimal.

Your chances of finding "genuinely valuable information" that will help you succeed in AM in this forum is 1000% greater, but at the cost of spending less money but more time, in searching out the path to the answers you seek.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

There is so many free options to try out before "buying-in" to somebody else's methods.

Check out GoldenCan, PopShops, Product Showcase Creator, Free DyanamicTemplates (Geno has a few going here http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...amic+templates )

Get your feet wet and play around....oh yeah make sure you like what your working with, topic wise, or you will get bored and lose interest quickly.

Keep it fun and light hearted when you start out, to many options to test to get serious about one at the get go.

JMHO

ABW Ambassador
    Mhgoan, are you using any kind of program to target the right keywords? I have found that to be the biggest help in the last few months.

Also do you think that you might have too many sites, so that you can't focus on them properly? It usually takes make about an hour to construct a well thought out page to focus on keywords. I honestly don't know how people keep track of dozens of sites and campaigns.

I only do this part-time so maybe that's why.

Affiliate Manager
    Mhogan,

IM me or call me. I have some thoughts on this I would like to share with you.

Best,

[QUOTE=Aunt Lily]Mhgoan, are you using any kind of program to target the right keywords? I have found that to be the biggest help in the last few months.[QUOTE]

Can you share with me the software you use to target the right keywords?
    Then can you briefly explain how you use that information and what you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    Mhgoan, are you using any kind of program to target the right keywords? I have found that to be the biggest help in the last few months.
    Can you share with me the software you use to target the right keywords?
    Then can you briefly explain how you use that information and what you do with it?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread