Gourmet.org... terminates affiliates
    Gourmet.org... terminates affiliates who refuse to promote them because they display Google Adsense ads on all of their pages. Yep! I had signed up to promote them, later to find out that they were displaying Adsense ads. I made several attempts, trying to convince them to remove the Adsense ads to no avail.. Sooooooo they terminated me!

It is now obvious that Gourmet.org NEEDS the Adsense revenue because they can't convert traffic on their own site.

Ta Ta,,

The best things in life are not things at all...

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Sooooooo they terminated me!
    Man, sorry to hear that. You could have made a killing.

On visiting their website homepage. Apart from Adsense, I found CJ cooking.com Affiliate link.
    What a pathetic merchant.
    They still have 1 bar of network earnings. Wonder what kind of affiliates are promoting them.
    Do CJ have rules for such gigantic leaks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    On visiting their website homepage. Apart from Adsense, I found CJ cooking.com Affiliate link.
    What a pathetic merchant.
    They still have 1 bar of network earnings. Wonder what kind of affiliates are promoting them.
    Do CJ have rules for such gigantic leaks ?
    ....and guess what? A CJ employee was acting as AM for gourmet.org. That person was suppose to be trying to convince gourmet.org to remove the Adsense ads. I do not know who the AM is now.

pathetic is right....

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    That person was suppose to be trying to convince gourmet.org to remove the Adsense ads.
    I had the same conversations with him. He promised me all sorts of things if I joined the program, and I finally agreed to join, but told him link one would not be added to any of my sites until adSense was gone. Months later I'm still waiting and I got the termination email also today,
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

it's so sad to see the resold traffic come to such blows

are they merchants or affiliates WTF! As "affliated merchants" they should be happy to have anyone stupid enough to send them free traffic.

adsense is bad enough, but there should be some rule against using links from another merchant, regardless of network. Do they have the products from cooking.com in a product feed too?
    Last edited by mrbshouse; April 27th, 2007 at 12:55 PM.

Thatís ok I dropped Gourmet.org month's ago, they only dropped me today. I win!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like to know how this for profit retail business qualifies for a .org domain.
    .ORG is the Internet home of noncommercial organizations, including nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations, philanthropies, charities, religious organizations, educational and cultural institutions, arts organizations, sports clubs, and others, who create .ORG Web sites and e-mail addresses.
    http://www.pir.org/

Their domain registration should be challenged.

What a waste of a great domain name......

I was dropped and I had never had any conversations with them at all. So don't think it had anything to do with speaking out about adsense or anything else on their site.

15 years and counting
    We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Gourmet.org has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 4-May-2007.
    I signed up but after a look at their site, Adsense ads, links to other merchants like send-fresh-cut-flowers.com, cooking.com I decided to forget them. No links, no clicks.
    They need to learn what it takes to be successful and CJ is not going to help them.

The Gourmet.org affiliate program has been terminated due to the companies' decision to change its business model to one that will not support an affiliate network. While the site Gourmet.org will still exist, it will no longer payout commission on sales driven by publishers.

To all Gourmet.org affiliates, thank you very much for your support over the past year. We wish you the best of luck in your affiliate marketing success.

Quote Originally Posted by mnadboy
    The Gourmet.org affiliate program has been terminated due to the companies' decision to change its business model to one that will not support an affiliate network. While the site Gourmet.org will still exist, it will no longer payout commission on sales driven by publishers.

To all Gourmet.org affiliates, thank you very much for your support over the past year. We wish you the best of luck in your affiliate marketing success.
    Here is some gourmet for you! Mix with some Adsense and you will surely be successful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I'd like to know how this for profit retail business qualifies for a .org domain.

http://www.pir.org/

Their domain registration should be challenged.
    There are no restrictions on who qualifies for a .ORG.

http://www.pir.org/AboutORG/AboutORG.aspx
    ORG was created in 1984 as one of the Internet's original top-level domains (TLDs) and was designated as "open" and "unrestricted," meaning that anyone can register a .ORG site

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMcD
    There are no restrictions on who qualifies for a .ORG.

http://www.pir.org/AboutORG/AboutORG.aspx
    Unrestricted perhaps, but still unethical for them to use the TLD .org. They need a lower level extension like ".oink" or ".dirty or . Jokers like gourmet.org will eventually cause the public to lose confidence in the usage of the TLD .org by legitimate organizations.

Blah... Blah.... Blah......

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread