ABW Ambassador
    NFL Draft Tomorrow
    11 AM Eastern, ESPN. Will have to wake up early to watch it. I need something to hold me over until the NFL season starts again

Wake up early?!? Where are you? Who's your pick for #1?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't usually wake up before noon. I'm going to have to actually set my alarm clock.

#1 is the Raiders. They're going to go for a QB. So Jamarcus Russell or Brady Quinn. Have no idea who they'll pick. So I'll just say Jamarcus.

I would like to see Atlanta trade up and get a QB A real one.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No. 1 is odds-on to be JaMarcus Russell to Oakland, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the guy rated the best player in the draft, WR Calvin Johnson, or even the best lineman, Joe Thomas from Wisconsin.

But who cares in this NFL wasteland (LA County)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I don't usually wake up before noon. I'm going to have to actually set my alarm clock.
    hee-hee! I thought you might have been in Hawaii or something!!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    For personal reasons, I've decided to withdraw from this year's draft. Football would interfere with my fishing. Seriously though, I doubt many here know that I could have been an NFL player. I keep that on the down low for the most part. In my college years, I thought about declaring, and I could have been great at it too.

The only thing I lacked was the talent, size, experience, speed and desire to play. Other than that, I had it all going on.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

The NfL draft is one of my favorite days of the year. I got up at 2 am just to watch the pre shows on the nfl network.

I am shocked I havent taken the draft live yet but I guess its better on tv. Trust I think the falcons will be drafting a safety and not a qb. I wouldnt mind them taking a LB to replace Brooking in a few years, he must be tired of running from sideline to sideline on every play.

Will the falcons move up to take Calvin I don't think so. The problem is on defense and getting them off the field more often will help. I still have nightmares from the NY Giants game where we had the offense on the field once during the third quarter.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Raiders stick with the script and pick Russell.

That means most likely Calvin Johnson will be No. 2 to Detroit and Brady Quinn No. 3 to Cleveland.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    Brady is slipping, who is going to grab a future All Pro QB?

Cleveland at No. 22.

ABW Ambassador
    I think that's a perfect fit for him since he grew up a Browns fan and was born in Ohio.

And perfect for Cleveland. Their two first-round picks are tremendous for their long-term success - a dominant OT and the quarterback they've been looking for since the "New" Browns began.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, they did good. I thought the Saints would go D but they went offense and they got another great receiver in Meachem. They were already an offensive machine, they got even better. My super early picks for the next SB, Saints vs. Patriots. I don't like the Patriots but they finally got agressive during the offseason. Saints are going to be a defensive coordinators nightmare.

The browns are by far the winners of this draft so far. They don't have to pay #3 money to a QB also. There is a big drop from #3 and #22 for a qb
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    They also picked up Jamal Lewis at RB in the offseason. He went for over 2000 yards in 2003, over 1000 last year, his yards per carry was down. I'm not sure about him. I think the best days are gone but who knows, he could be a solid RB for them.

After all the great years Jamal Lewis had running behind Jonathan Ogden, he'll have Joe Thomas to block now, and, if healthy and not in jail, should have a good year.

The Saints also have to worry about Reggie Bush and the law. When it all comes down later this year, people may well be prosecuted - probably not him, but his stepfather and possibly his mother, and a couple of agents, may be facing jail time. He'll probably just be forfeiting his Heisman.

I was having a good day until you mentioned the Saints (sorry Kellie)

Brady is slipping???? Are we talking about Tom Brady? I remember in 1994 Bronco (and non Bronco) fans saying Elway is slipping and should retire. (psst... Elway did not believe them). In 98 and 99 he won two super bowls. If we are talking about the same Brady, he is anything but slipping. I am NOT a Pats fan, but I AM an objective observer, and regardless of my team preference, I would gladly welcome Brady if I owned any team in the NFL.

At 30, I doubt that Brady is slipping. The Pats have lost a step, and I suspect they will probably come back and win it all this year, but regardless of that prediction, Brady is NOT the hold up. There, I said it, and that's the story I'm sticking with!!! Besides, Brady did a hell of a job as the host of SNL, so that counts for something!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

he means brady Quinn the qb that was selected by the Browns - not tom brady

Wow, glad to hear that!! One of these days I am going to watch a game.

ABW Ambassador
    In my post #13 I had Patriots vs. Saints for the next Superbowl. That was before the Patriots got..........Randy Moss.

Damn, they are in it for sure now. That's going to be crazy, perfect team for Randy Moss. He's been on subpar teams with bad coaches. I think he's going to be the player everybody thought he was, going to have his best season ever. I know he had All Pro years before but on this team with Brady at QB, watch out.

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Trust,

I LOVE the Randy Moss pickup for the Pats. Not only did he give up 7 million dollars to play for us, all we had to give up was a 4th round pick to get him. All those people worried about his attitude shouldn't be. You think guys like Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Junior Seau(welcome back), Tedy Brushci or Tom Brady are going to let him disrupt this teams chemistry. There is no way. Moss is in for a fantastic season cathcing passes from the most clucth quarterback this century. I want a re-match of Colts vs. Pats in the AFC title game just so I can see the Peyton manning face all over again!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, also heard he came in early. It's like what I said earlier, I think he just doesn't put 100% effort in on a team he knows isn't going anwhere, like the Raiders But I think the Patriots has got him excited because he knows he can have that Superbowl ring this coming season. And the Patriots vs. Saints would be one of the funnest Superbowls to watch ever. There would be some scoring in that one, lots of stars.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread