Just asking cos I have a few in there and some have numbers of views that suggest my correspondent(s) are obsessively re-reading the same message.

A PT from yesterday which I've read once - to reply to - has 9 views.

Who's reading them?

Are you Crazy?

I just checked, I have one private topic - also has 9 views (I know that wasn't me).

Maybe some kind of bug. Pulling this out of - uh, somewhere, for example maybe Haiko does a backup and that counts as a "view" or "access" so it increments.

I have had the same happen to mine and was wondering about it myself ... I thought the originator kept checking to see if I had replied, but I know that the email notification of the message also counts as a view (actually a partial view) and infopop has some issues with the tracking of the partial views, I'll open a ticketon the 8th and get a solid answer on that angle, but, to answer, the question, yes private topics ARE private.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

It did occur to me that "back"ing past the message rather than using the menu prob racked up another view, but the numbers still seemed high.

The main thing is the confirmation that no-one else is browsing around in there (thanks Haiko) - I'm not too concerned about any software glitches or how they count hits.

Are you Crazy?

Yes

This is is happening with my Private Messages as well, i thought that Haiko was checking on them.

Yes. It happened to me as well. That's a bad thing that should never happen. What if we divulaged "private" information?

"James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook - 2002"

ABW Ambassador
    Is there really a reasonable expectation of privacy on someone else's message board? You can't seriously expect anything posted on any message board to stay between you and the person you've sent a message to...
    I'd say email them, but again, there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy...not even if you call them on a cordless phone...according to the law that is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Supras | Celicas

No, you need to do like I saw on an Avengers episode last night. Get together with a couple people and zip youselves into a big plastic bag to discuss things (make sure none of them are carrying a tape recorder).

And obviously, Maxwell Smart's Cone of Silence was seriously deficient.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaybat:
    No, you need to do like I saw on an Avengers episode last night. Get together with a couple people and zip youselves into a big plastic bag to discuss things (make sure none of them are carrying a tape recorder).

And obviously, Maxwell Smart's Cone of Silence was seriously deficient.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMFAO

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Celicaphile
    Yes - you are right about the message boards, However it really depends upon the trust worthy nature of the Admin.

And I believe the private messages at ABW are extremely private.

Email - well it could be private, then again there's hacking :P

Ah! if there's one thing that can be private - it's something that u alone know off... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

But then again - You know it...so is it still private [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards
    Amit

It's about time I release version 1.0
    Coming soon - Not toolstouse

[This message was edited by SkinGarments.com on November 08, 2002 at 03:24 AM.]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread