Work At Home Question
    Any one know of a good work from home directory or of any oppertunities? I was into Aff marketing a while back. I kinda lost interest after spending too much time and not really making any substantial money.

I haven't been posted on abweb for a while but still trust advice from here over just searching for things in google.

Thanks,
    Doug

Doub,

I havent seen any real good work from home programs or directories anywhere. You may want to if you know the industry look in the forum here for AM job openings as there are some that allow you to work from home. We just hired a new AM and they work from home.

Another place you can look is Craigslist under job listings. There is often positions people are looking for to be filled that are work from home positions.

Hope thsi helps.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks I never thought to look at Craigslist!

Be cautious with impossibly-good sounding work from home schemes. A lot of them sound, well, just that.

If you want to work from home, you don't need to answer an ad. If you've worked in a particular job before that could be done from home, try calling your old employer or similar companies and see if they have overflow work that you could do for them "in your own office" - which might sound more professional than "from home".

Also, you might want to consider doing affiliate work again, perhaps differently or more intensively than before.

Good luck!
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    elance.com if you want to moon light or do some part time jobs.

as for craigslist, i would be weary as I tried to sell a cell phone and I got spammed plus a dozen nigerian scams.

Use your local papers too

Yes as everyone has said YMMV when it comes to actual work at home jobs but there are some out there. Just do not spend any money on anything. Good luck to you.

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    After working the traditional 9-5 at an office in Manhattan for a few years, I also made the move to work from home. In our business, or any internet-related business for that matter, it is fairly easy to find flexible work arrangements as you can really do the work from anywhere. It is, however, a big adjustment at first and I'm not sure working from home is for everyone. You need an extra dose of discipline to keep you from doing all the housework, errands, tv watching, etc that seem more appealing when you're at home and focus on the work at hand. It's also a lot of solitary hours with the absence of co-workers and the usual office atmosphere.

That being said, like others have suggested, if you're looking to get back into the affiliate space, ABW and Shawn Collins' Affiliate Manager site are good places to look for flexible job options. I think you can also select "telecommute" at some of the big job search sites like careerbuilder and monster.

Good luck!
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

If you don't mind talking on the phone you can work from home as a virtual call center agent. Check with companies like AlpineAccess, LiveOps, WillowCSN and VipDesk to see if they are hiring. Good luck with your search.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread