MSN Adcenter reports
    It's 630 AM eastern time and Adcenter reports show that I only had 1 click yesterday. Unless MSN tanked my ads, the report generator is not up to date or perhaps not even working for me.

By the way, I hate their report generator. I can generate 5-10 reports with Google or Yahoo in as long as it takes to produce one with MSN. I have been impressed with the conversions, but I don't have time to wait on reports. I even try scheduling them .... but it still sucks.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Update
    I just checked again on the reports and see that the stats were last updated at 2AM on the 30th... sooo... approx 30 hours behind

Great upgrade...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    delay notice went out a day or so ago, but then some reports posted overnight. my clicks are way down for last 2 days - either reporting is snarky or algo didn't favor me this time. either way, i'm keeping a close eye on things here - their terms changed recently and their network traffic and partners are growing, which means the roi may likely be headed south if you don't keep a close eye on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    delay notice went out a day or so ago, but then some reports posted overnight. my clicks are way down for last 2 days - either reporting is snarky or algo didn't favor me this time. either way, i'm keeping a close eye on things here - their terms changed recently and their network traffic and partners are growing, which means the roi may likely be headed south if you don't keep a close eye on this one.
    I'll be watchin'....

I just wish generating reports wasn't such a pain.. All I usually care to see is the number of clicks, on what keywords, at what average cost. I then load that into a speadsheet comprising of CJ stats.. But it is a slow process with Adcenter.. It amazes me that a software giant like MS can't do a better job in writing report scripting or whatever it is they are using to generate reports.. Ok.... I am done *****in' for the moment.

By the way Donuts, my clicks are down also.. these past few days..

i'm in there now and it is taking FOREVER to load anything to review.

to me, it's another reason why asp sucks (and php rocks!). if the guys who make asp can't make it run efficiently, well, there you go. it's specturdular.

the time is killing me! they gotta make it easier to spend money. maybe they haven't heard the news about how intense the competition for advertising dollars on the Internet is getting...

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    It amazes me that a software giant like MS can't do a better job in writing report scripting or whatever it is they are using to generate reports..
    They probably have to use their own products, and that's why it sucks. Can you imagine the headlines if people found out that they don't use their own crapware to run their own business?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    I noticed from their terms change email that:
    - Microsoft may display your advertisements on its network of
    advertising channels operated by the Microsoft network of
    participating websites and other distribution outlets.

Does this mean our ads will show up on both serch network and content network? Do we get an option to choose to turn "on" or "off"?

Once your account is upgraded, you can control the content network on/off within each ad group. Until then, it's not on (unless you were a beta invitee and opted in).

After they migrate your account, they are all defaulted to on and you have to switch each ad group off if that's your intention.

And new ad groups you create default to on, but you get a chance during the creation process to turn it off before it ever starts.

They have already received input from people asking for account and campaign wide control.

ABW Ambassador
    I remembered I was invited beta test a couple of months ago and I've asked them to opt me out at that time. Called MSN this afternoon and confirmed that I was opt out. Thanks for the post Donus.

No 6 Jln Kerongsang 11/6B Seksyen 11 40100 Shah Alam Selangor Malaysia
    I not really know about all this affiliate program what so ever but just wanna to ask some publisher said that those affiliate program who offers high commission are late when paying !

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread