The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    A Shareasale Success Story
    My subaffiliate finished her site a week ago, submitted it to search engines a few days ago, and got her first sale this morning.

Her commission is $7.34. Big deal, right? Well, I'm as excited with this sale as with my very first sale years ago.

It's what led to this sale that's making me giddy.

The most important thing I learned at ThinkTank in November was that the Shareasale "team" - that's their employees, their merchants, other SAS affiliates, and the OPMs that work thru SAS - are a dedicated bunch of people, all of whom are willing to treat you as a partner, and willing to help in any way they can.

Because of them and their help, I've profited with Carolyn, Melissa, ARC, et al.

Even though my main focus is personalized stuff, their willingness to help, to be there when needed, made me promote them.

This particular sale was for MetroUniforms. Ron asked me and I politely put him on the back burner, since nursing scrubs sounds dull, and I felt the program wasn't ready for prime time.

By AffiliateSummit in January, Ron had made many improvements to the program (based on his experience as an affiliate, and from listening to suggestions from meto affiliaes), including a datafeed - then tweaked the feed at my suggestion.

I told my 2 subaffs to talk to everyone at the Summit, and give me a list of ideas for websites they wanted to build - so I could shoot them down

Sarah liked the nurses uniforms. From that moment on, I was in contact with Ron daily. Gave him my ideas. He gave me his. He helped us in many ways.

The site went live last week. We submitted to the search engines last Tuesday - and sure enough - we got our first sale today.

None of this would have happened if it weren't for the dedication of everyone on the above-mentioned Shareasale "team". (And the fact that I can sell ANYTHING!!) LOLOL (just kidding)

All the pieces of the affiliate puzzle seem to fall into place when dealing with them. Doesn't make sales guaranteed - but you get a better then average chance

The short version of the above:

90% of my links are annonomous. I annonomously apply/annonomously get approved/annonomously put up links/annonomously get a direct deposit. Don't even know the affiliate managers name.

8% of my links are for AMs I know, but they don't do much - other then send you monthly emails.

But there are a select few - who actually work for the betterment of the program - and they're in the above post

I have to agree with you about the SAS Team, Carolyn has been a great help for me the last few weeks providing me with some great advice etc. Her help has started to pay off with some new sales that I would not have gotten with out her help.

Way to go Billy and Sarah. And just in time for one, no two, of our Lucky $7 Bonuses!!! One for first sale and another for using the datafeed to get it. It will be there in just a couple of minutes.

It has been fun working with you on this and I really appreciated all your suggestions along the way. Keep them coming.

More tools and more inventory coming real soon!!!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager
    Congrats to Billy and Sarah on the sale, and to Ron for being one of the good guys! Ron is a bright guy that runs a great program and is always happy to help. That goes a long way with people.

Well done all....
    [B]Mike Tabasso,[/B] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Gen3 Marketing[/COLOR]
    E:mtabasso (at) Gen3Marketing (dot) com | P: 215.646.1869 | AIM: miketabasso
    <a href="http://www.gen3marketing.com" target="_blank">Gen3Marketing.com</a>

Congrats Billy, Sarah and Ron. I love these success stories. When all the right pieces are in place, the sales can't be far behind. Good job all.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I should mention CSN stores - met them at ThinkTank, then Summit.

They did soooooooooooooooo much work to make themselves compatible with... er ... me

They sent me an email last week. I sold - of all things - a greenhouse!

Which wouldn't have happened if it weren't for all their work, all their tweeking, all their doing stuff behind the scenes I didn't even ask for.

Congrats to Billy & Sarah!!!

I like a good success story.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    First off Billy I want to say thanks for mentioning us in your post. Andy really diggs helping anyone who needs help and I feel the same way.

Congrats to you and your protege(s).. I know there in good hands!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Congratulations to you, Billy and to Sarah. Thanks for sharing this warm and fuzzy!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Hey Billy - First off congrats, my question is does this sub first sale actually feel better than your first sale? For me it is much better when a student gets a sale and I am not talking because I get the 2nd tier. I am talking a sense of accomplishment.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I should mention CSN stores - met them at ThinkTank, then Summit.

They did soooooooooooooooo much work to make themselves compatible with... er ... me

They sent me an email last week. I sold - of all things - a greenhouse!

Which wouldn't have happened if it weren't for all their work, all their tweeking, all their doing stuff behind the scenes I didn't even ask for.
    I'm Blushing over here Billy, thanks for the mention. I want to thank you for giving me numerous pointers on how to make our affiliate program get better. None of them have worked yet, but there is still time :-)

my question is does this sub first sale actually feel better than your first sale?
    honest response - as good or better then the first sale.

The first sale... I didn't know what I was doing back then, I was all alone, just putting up a link and keeping my fingers crossed

THIS sale... was the result of my years of experience, of trial and error, and truly a team effort from everybody I learned something from here at ABW, and from the SAS team

Some people think I put a quarter in a slot machine and it spits out money (honest - 5 minutes ago I got $200 at the minimart) and some people think I put up links and watch money roll in. Both are actually the result of doing the legwork first.

This sale packed a punch personally, because it proved to myself that the methods and models I use (and spent a long time developing) do work. Ron and Loxly both know the research and legwork that went into building this site. Plugging Ron's feed into Webmerge took all of 5 minutes. The foundation work that led up to it, took weeks of tedious and boring preparation.

And let me send kudos to Sarah herself. I thought she'd say this is boring as hec, who cares whether people search for uniforms plural and not uniform singular, why can't we just upload the datafeed site as is, and give up. But she persevered. And hopefully, will continue to reap rewards for her efforts for a long time to come.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Good stuff Billy! Keep, it rolling!!!

I get very excited by my 1 active subaffiliate since I rarely make zip personally but they make 3000-5000+ a month easily, which earns me a couple of hundred a month.

Not even sure who it is, I just hope they never quit, lol.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Billy,

Congratulations - great little success story. It's always good to hear when a plan comes together and the ice is broken! Thanks for passing it along.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Great job Billy, it's great that you can spend to time to mentor others and help them profit from your knowledge...!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Congrats Billy, success stories inspire us all.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread