Thread: Open Thread for questions on buy.at

Affiliate Network Rep
    Open Thread for questions on buy.at
    Hi Everyone

I hope your all well and enjoying the week so far. Things are going well behind the scenes here at buy.at and we have Miami to look forward to which will be the first time we have exhibited on US soil - really excited about that one.

Anyway I just thought as we are so new and in advance of us launching some of the big brands we have been lining up that it would be nice to just have a thread permanently open where affiliates and merchants alike can just throw out any questions they may have on us , our network , our stance on things or even what we like to eat for breakfast! lol

Communication and transparency are core to building good long term relationships in the affiliate marketing channel so we want to start as we mean to go on .

Fire away people

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Can you clarify what your payment page says, it reads:

Payments
    Affiliate payments being made on time is vital. As such, ours:

Go out 25th month, and have never been missed.
    Typically 50% of activity is paid on 25th following activity, and the other 50% is delayed by a month.
    There are just a few merchants who do something different.
    Does that mean if an affiliate made $1000 within May 1-24, that they would get $500 on May 25th and another $500 on June 25th? Or does it mean that they would get $500 on June 25th and $500 on July 25th? Assume it is a standard merchant and they aren't doing anything different from the normal way.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

I'm not sure which area you are looking at ?

The Payment section reads - Affiliate payments being made on time is vital to your success. As such, ours:

Go out 25th of the month each month and payment currently is only available direct to bank . A check option will be added in the near future.

url is http://www.buy.at/region/us/affiliat...=affs#payments

Hope that helps

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Oh I was looking at the UK site I guess:

http://www.buy.at/affiliates/reporting.php

Affiliate Network Rep
    No worries :-)

It will be great to have you on board

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Hi Malcolm
    Figured I'd ask ya here since you were encouraging comments from people. I went to see what text links might be available for any type of coupons, deals, etc. and found your "Link engine" Not sure if that's new?? Least I don't recall seeing it before. Very nice feature. Teeny question about it tho. Where it says Link ID.......is that just for us if we wanna name it something to track how that particular link is doing, are we supposed to name it as example CD WOW to identify which program the link is for (that would seem to only be an answer tho if we just have one link we're gonna be using) or are we supposed to be naming it something really specific as example The Beatles (was watching Paul and Ringo last night on tv so thoughts of Paul are still dancin in my head. lol ) or do we have the option to just leave it blank cos it's just an option if we want to name it something.

One teeeeeny other question for ya. (had thought of emailing ya cos I don't want this to be taken as any type of complaining or anything but figured it might be easier for ya to just see it here and comment.) You definitely should know by now, I wouldn't complain about anything anyway. lol hmmm ok, here goes....not really a question but maybe an observation. Not sure about your UK affiliates but think a lot of us US affiliates tend to use a lot of text links, (I don't use datafeeds so it might very well be that text links are included in them) so.....ummmm... for those of us who don't use datafeeds..... when ya start introducing more and more of your programs....it might make them happy if there are a few more text links available other than just the deep linking engine. (unless they are there and just hiding from me cos I'm not seeing them...)

Might very well be that your UK affiliates don't use the text links much so you wouldn't be aware that we're different in that respect. So am not complaining to ya please realize that. just lettin ya know that having a few more text links might make your programs even more appealing to affiliates. I know that if I asked you, Kevin (although am a little confused as to if Kevin is the affiliate manager or Emilio or Andy??) regardless I know if I asked any of you or Sammy,(to any of you who don't know Sammy, he's a very nice guy at buy.at who helped me....not really quite sure what his title is either come to think of it lol maybe buy.at resident nice guy I'm sure you'd be happy to make any text links for me....but if everybody did that you'd all be awfully busy all the time...so if they were available that would maybe make it easier for everybody.

Hi Purplebear,

Mal is currently on holiday, however has asked me in his absence to reply to your question

Firstly, thanks for the nice comment on deeplink generator

Test links are real easy to make just write your text and hyper link it with your basic url or deeplink, if you still aren't sure let us know and we can make some up for you.

Mal will be back on Monday and will reply to you personally. In the meantime if there is anything else you need let me know!

Cheers

Laura

8. Newsletter Signup