Animal Lover
    would you give them a second chance
    I was with this one merchant (home/garden) who was originally with CJ and a while back they closed their affiliate program. It took me a while to take down their links. I just noticed that (maybe they've been there for a while but I only noticed it today) they now have a program in SAS - when they closed in CJ they pretty much told affiliates that they weren't going to continue it or move it elsewhere.

So I guess my question is would you give them a second chance and put links up again (they do have nice home/garden stuff) in the hope that they will keep the program going or decide that it's not worth the effort and forget about it?

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Maybe ask if they'd be willing to give you a commission bump if you re-join their program. Or at least confront them directly about how long they plan to keep their program online.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There are plenty of great merchant programs where you can get all of the "home/garden" products you need. If they did something like that once, they wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If would have to be a BIG commission bump for me to go back to them.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oscar,

If the merchant was a good converter for you, I'd say sure ... give them another try. If their aff program isn't managed by someone who has a clue, they probably didn't even think about alerting their affiliates about leaving CJ.

And what Snib said: ask them point blank if they plan to maintain their program and asking for a commission increase wouldn't hurt either. :-) If they go on auto deposit at SAS, that will tell you they're probably more serious than not, too. You could suggest it when you ask for a higher commission.

If they go offline, even for a minute on SAS, I'd yank them and never look back, though. Good luck - hope you make a bundle of money with them again.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Animal Lover
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Their payout is pretty decent so I will contact the AM to ask about their future plans.

cheers
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i vote strong yes also. i'd ask them why they left CJ, cuz that reason is what decides things for me. if they said cj is too expensive, run. if they say it's too full of cheaters, sign up. there are plenty of other legit answers you might get as well - the reason they left cj would be important to me if i were in your shoes.

and DEFINITELY listen to Rexanne's advice on autodeposit at SAS - it's a telltale sign of who's serious and who's not.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread