Haiko Answer THis !
    Well you started the first affiliate marketing forum and you give all your recipies fot free. I f there not your recipe the other 30,000 members give their own. If i were you I would charge 10 dollars a year to join this forum. The information I got from this forum has made me over $100,000 +. So Haiko I thinks its time to make this forum a paid membership!!!!!!!!!!

There are many information/forums/link exchange sites which initially offer for free start to charge monthly or yearly fees. I will stop visiting their sites once they start charging as I can still search for other free infos sites. That's how I came to discover this great forum.

I would disagree with netnow22 to suggest Haiko to start membership subscription.

Many members have learn a lot from this forum to which I fully agree but exactly how many is making real money is another question.

Frankly, after over a year as a member with this forum which I did learn a lot and had put in every effort tying to make it but sad to say I am still losing money as to date.

I would suggest that members like netnow22 who are making it big because they had gain from this forum, should voluntarily contribute a nominal sum to Haiko for the maintainance of this great forum.

If at a later time should I or other members who make it, we will also contribute voluntarily.

Haiko should open a special contribution box to allow voluntarily contribution rather than a strict compulsory membership fees.

Thanks
    Richard

ABW Ambassador
    "If i were you I would charge 10 dollars a year to join this forum."

He would actually lose money doing that. You start charging like that, membership goes down. Merchants are not going to want to pay for advertising announcements and for forums with low membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "If i were you I would charge 10 dollars a year to join this forum."

He would actually lose money doing that. You start charging like that, membership goes down. Merchants are not going to want to pay for advertising announcements and for forums with low membership.
    Yep.

What Trust said.

G.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Paid will harm the forum hands down.

What several forums do is have "Supporting Member" status for folks like yourself that donate any amount they wish.

After doing so they get some sort of identifier near their name (if they want) that says they proudly support the forum or "ABW Sponsor".

I belong to Reef Central they do it and use this logo [img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img] near the user name.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I think there will be an inverese relationship when that happens. Charge $, membership drops. Free = good growth for membership base

H, IMHO I think you have a good formula working, don't change it.

(I have seen other forums shot themselves in the foot by charging. I think charging for inner circle which is optional does make sense)
    Getting off my soap box...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    The "let those who work hard, learn and apply what they learn, take risks, lose money, re-invest, persist for years, and end up making money pay - so I can have it free" philosophy is not what commerce and competition in a free market is all about. Commerce is not a welfare program, it is an open market filled with competition, and those who persist and work wisely "hit it big."

When it comes down to it, the members in this forum who share their knowledge with fellow members are the very people who are providing the education and the value that drives this forum and makes it such a great place to meet. Should we pay each person who posts useful information too? Or should they just donate their knowledge, which took them years to accumulate and cost them money to learn?

If a person spent years learning, spent substantial money getting it there, persisted and finally cracked the nut, and those same people are now kind enough to share knowledge with fellow forum members, is that NOT contributing? This forum is great the way it is, and those who learn and persist will eventually succeed and give back to the community through sharing information.

p.s. If Haiko ever needs us to kick in, I'm sure he'd let us know, and I'm sure plenty of us would respond. In the meantime I suspect he is not standing in line at the government free cheese center!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx

If a person spent years learning, spent substantial money getting it there, persisted and finally cracked the nut, and those same people are now kind enough to share knowledge with fellow forum members, is that NOT contributing? This forum is great the way it is, and those who learn and persist will eventually succeed and give back to the community through sharing information.
    Well said It may be years from now, but someday I'll be a jedi master and able to give back
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Its not broken, so there is no need to 'fix' it
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

If you want to pay for the content on ABW, buy Geno's book!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yep, like Alan said, if you have reaped benefits and get the urge to give back, share information and help others here.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    Well you started the first affiliate marketing forum and you give all your recipies fot free. I f there not your recipe the other 30,000 members give their own. If i were you I would charge 10 dollars a year to join this forum. The information I got from this forum has made me over $100,000 +. So Haiko I thinks its time to make this forum a paid membership!!!!!!!!!!
    why don't you do that - pay Haiko, while we others treasure our free memberships.

Call it a "donation".

Netnow,

what about the ad revenue? lol make it paid and pull the ads? i doubt it lol

There already is a paid section here. You can pay $10 to get in the Inner Circle.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you so much
    I dont agree that you should charge for this service because when I first came to this forum I had no money to pay had been trying to market for over a year and was making no money.

I asked questions,listened, and kept asking questions until one day I got a breakthrough from
    abestweber who gave me the information I needed to succeed. I am so grateful to this forum and happy to say I would have no earnings if you had not been there for me.

I am still new but now I can say I am making money and learning daily.

Thanks,

Haiko

Oh and I would contribute if you have a contribution box on the site.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by trcyph
    Oh and I would contribute if you have a contribution box on the site.
    Glad that you appreciate things

Here is ways you can contribute.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/subscriptions.php

Visit the site everyday because that help with page views and Google Ads (CPM).

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Free often times out performs paid. Good forums succeed because they have the "critical mass" to keep new posts flowing in, which in turns keeps people (i.e. prospective advertising targets) coming back. I have urged two merchants to buy ads on this forum as I am sure many others have done - I do this because I know this is the best place to find good affiliates.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread