Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bye bye eBay
    Apparently, the tracking is still pish. I am still seeing very low conversions, and the EPC is nowhere near what it used to be.

I think it's time to drop them for now.

My EPC has been slightly higher than average since the tracking problem was fixed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Really Michael?

Mine is in the garbage for my 2 hobby sites, and I didn't get a "make good" either.

Bear in mind, however, that I don't do a ton as an affiliate anymore, so the numbers we're talking here are peanuts compared to someone who has an actual concern.

But I send them 2 or 3 hundred visitors a month, and they convert pretty well. But no soup for me in the last month or so.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Ebay is the only CJ merchant I promote. I have been through the ups and downs with Ebay in the past three years. Overall I am happy with ebay.

Thumbs up
    Since eBay stated the issue has been fixed their 7-day EPC is now finally back up to mid-March levels around $3.30 or so. That figure was their steady avg since the Holidays. To me that means the issue is resolved.

My EPC isn't as high as it was before the issue, but I've been driving a few thousand more clicks per day since April 1, and I think my EPC is suffering a bit for that. I had one of my top 5 days ever this past Sunday. Tuesday's commission - a week after a 20 cent listing day - was pretty incredible as well.

- Bill

MY EPC is WAY up, but clicks are a bit lower (which figures of course). I am certainly not dropping ebay yet.

eBay affiliate program is a good program that pay good and also pay for new members

Quote Originally Posted by DiDi
    eBay affiliate program is a good program that pay good and also pay for new members
    Thanks for the definition of ebay.

FYI I'm running Ebay through another network which pays more and it can also be incentivized so I don't see why I should do it through CJ

Arie

Does it pay for all orders, or just new customers? The only ones I've seen are just for new customers and would have paid less than what I average through CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Does it pay for all orders, or just new customers? The only ones I've seen are just for new customers and would have paid less than what I average through CJ.
    It pays for new active registration - you register and have to bid at least once - payout is much more higher than CJ

Arie

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by arie1985
    It pays for new active registration - you register and have to bid at least once - payout is much more higher than CJ

Arie
    I didn't even know the eBay affiliate program was available anywhere else besides CJ. What network is this?

I've seen references to "other" affiliate arrangements outside of CJ. They offer roughly 2x what CJ does for ACRUs, but no revenue share (they probably keep the revenue share which is how they're able to afford the higher ACRU rate). Given the fraction of income I make on revenue share versus ACRUs, there's no way in heck I would convert to that model.

If you have a site that has *any* kind of repeat visitorship, as opposed to a drive-by link farm, you want revenue share, not ACRU-only.

If you're flooding search engines with paid-advertising nonpages, then the ACRU-only model may work for you...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Thumbs up
    Thanks for the great explanation

As far as I could see there are several Ebay affiliate programs - even within CJ.
    There is ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.ca.

If I have a website that gets traffic from all over the world, would it be up to me to decide which ebay-affiliate link to send the user through (depending on the country..)?

If I get a visitor form UK but send everybody through ebay.com, then the
    user navigates back to ebay.uk to buy stuff locally, do I still get credit??

sputnik: There's some discussion of that on this thread. You only get credit on the site they click through.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by Voxman
    I didn't even know the eBay affiliate program was available anywhere else besides CJ. What network is this?
    NeverBlueAds - This network is located in Canada by the way

As stated in another thread: No Make Good = Dropped by Me. And bad will forever.

For those of you still seeming to have tracking problems with ebay, are you using mostly RSS? I swear from listening to some people on this forum and ebay's that the people still seeing their EPC in the tank are those using RSS.

Anyone using RSS having success?

I don't use it myself so I have no way of knowing. Just a hunch.

-Bill

By bye ebay - ebay bye bye ebay, ebay bye bye

clue - 1970's - tartan

While I used to promote ACRUs, I have found the revshare very profitable and barely get any ACRUs anymore. There is a lot more money to be made in the revshare than with just registrations. I will stick with CJ/Ebay.

Smile
    I'm with you 'gamer. The revshare is incredible.

-Bill

And with the bonuses that just came in today no WAY am I dropping ebay.

I sense an "I (heart) revshare" t-shirt on the horizon.

I am pretty sure that for those of us who would have crossed into another PI tier we're also due another make good. At least that is what they stated on the ebay forum after the first make good was posted. I posted a question regarding that over there to see if there in an ETA on that. I assume they were waiting for the PI and the 6.5% bump to be calculated before giving us the second make good if we qualified. So expect another 2.5% bump off your total sales + their estimate to you if you passed another tier. I know I should be getting one.

Best,

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by comicartfans
    I sense an "I (heart) revshare" t-shirt on the horizon.
    Now I wouldn't go THAT far. I ain't that big of a cheerleader.

I believe the bonuses today were not "make goods" but the monthly performance bonuses. I could be wrong, but it is that time of the month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast