Affiliate Manager
    Angry Spider Man 3
    So I took the plunge and went to the midnight showing of Spider Man 3. It has been quite some time since I was this dissapointed in a movie...

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    That's a shame. I was gonna take my girls to see it this weekend but the reviews have been horrible. Perhaps I'll wait for it on DVD
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Affiliate Manager
    It was enough that I believe if you are a fan then it is probably worth seeing one time in a theater, but yea.

I was wondering if 3 was going to be as good as 2. Spiderman 2 was just plain awesome, so naturally it's going to be hard to follow after that.

I still plan on seeing 3 though, I'll let you know my thoughts after I see it.

All the hype and not good huh? That stinks. I will wait for a little to go see it.

How scary for kids is it?
    Thanks to their lovely marketing campaign, the boy (6) and girl (9) have been waiting for months to see this. Went to check out show times and saw it's a PG movie so I am a little worried it might be a bit much for him although he's usually pretty good.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

So what didn't you like? The dark nature of it? The plot? The acting? I liked the first two, but haven't seen 3 yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    I love the darkness of it but they try to do some slap stick humor when they spend twenty minutes of the movie just following Peter Parker as he struts around snapping his fingers to some imagined beat and pumping his pelvic bone back and forth along the sidewalk...
    It may be a bit much for the younger kiddies. There are definitely some darker moments and the whole Venom character is going to scare the beejeesus out of the little ones.
    I wanted more villians and less of the Harry, Peter, MJ triangle thing, but sadly we only get about 30 minutes of villians and 2 hours of backwash.
    The best part of the whole night was seeing the trailer for the new Jason Bourne movie.
    Tobey in my opinion is a absolutely horrible actor and I am fed up with his annoying and whiney Spidey. I want my comic book Spidey, I want the sarcastic guy who never misses a beat, even when he is Peter Parker.
    I feel like in the second movie we made progress, in this one, we stale mate.

Thanks for the update. Spidey 1 was okay, 2 disappointed me. I think 3 will wait for DVD.

ABW Ambassador
    I saw Spiderman 3 last night and LOVED IT. The action scenes were great. I thought the spoof on Saturday Night Fever was funny. And I like the interpersonal relationships.

My husband thought that it moralized too much. But enjoyed it also.

Both of us though wish that movie theaters wouldn't turn the volume up quite so loud. It was almost painful. It's one of the major reasons (other than ticket cost) that keeps us renting videos. We go to see shows like Spiderman at the theater because the special effects really aren't as good on the small screen.

I seen Spiderman 3 yesterday as well, and I really liked it. It wasn't quite as action-packed as 2, but it was still good. The special effects were really good, and the story line was good. Although I was surprised at how much I actually jumped during the movie. There are more than enough moments that will scare you out of your seat.

http and a telephoto
    The best part of the whole night was seeing the trailer for the new Jason Bourne movie.
    **Perks up** ... huh??? When? Where?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I saw spiderman 3 last night and thought it was really good. I will say that they try to put too much content into one movie. The fight scenes rocked as did the last 20 minutes of the movie.

Well I think I am going to bite the bullet and watch it today with my son. Hope it tures out to be an ok movie. Looks like there is a ton of different opinions.

Thumbs up
    Well we saw it opening night and LOVED IT! The crowd actually applauded at the end and people were shouting stuff like "YES!" when villans went down, hehe! We had a blast and I would highly recommend it.

As for scary for kids... well it is violent but it would not be SpiderMan if it wasn't. My kids have never been afraid of anything. I remember coming out of Disneyworld "Snow White's Adventure" when they were 4 and 5 and kids were coming out sobbing in fear, and my kids thought it was completely lame. So I can't speak for how scary it is, nothing has scared my kids yet, hehe!

I see by your post that the reason you don't like it is because perhaps it deviates from Stan Lee's original concept, which I totally understand your point on that. If you are a novice without much "spidy" background, ignorance is bliss and the movie is good.

Stan does have a cameo in Time's Square which is pretty cool and it got lots of shout outs from viewers who enjoyed that in the movie we attended.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz
    If anyone isn't following the Bourne series CATCH UP! This series will keep you on the edge of your seat!

ABW Ambassador
    Damn:

"Spider-Man caught just about everyone in his web. The superhero's latest adventure, "Spider-Man 3," smashed box-office records with $148 million in its first three days, according to studio estimates Sunday."

"Since it began rolling out overseas on Tuesday, "Spider-Man 3" has taken in $227 million in foreign markets, bringing the film's worldwide total to $375 million. In just days, the movie has grossed $117 million more than its whopping $258 million production budget. "

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...848166000.html

Trust, did you see it? The fact that it made money over the weekend doesn't necessarily mean that it is a great movie. Did you like it? I've read mixed reviews. What is your opinion?

I'd like to read the opinions of those who actually saw the movie (and not just the trailer )
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Nope didn't see it. Have the Spidey 2 on DVD.

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

Wonder where it will land, I'll say 1 or 2.

I've see all of those except:

37.Night at the Museum (2006)$250,447,698
    coming this week on netflix

45.My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)$241,437,427
    um, maybe one day

65.300 (2006)$207,871,046
    will buy on dvd when it comes out

189.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)$135,270,000
    no interest

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust

45.My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)$241,437,427
    um, maybe one day
    Oh watch it! It's really good. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    The hubby and I went to see Spiderman 3 this past weekend at the Drive-In and it was nothing short of awesome. I could have done with a shorter version of his dance moves, but overall the movie was great.

I can't speak to the scare factor as we didn't take the kiddies with us, but I don't think it was too horrible. Of course, I've never quite recovered from seeing Gremlins when I was young.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread