Arrow Stealing Clickbank Sales?
    Hi there,

I've been promoting Clickbank products for a while now and a little concerned about something I've read in the forums about people stealing your sales by replacing their own hoplinks with yours. Is this true, and how can this problem be resolved?

Thanks

Hadasa

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    the network can get serious about policing cheaters.

networks often make a percentage of everything recorded as a sale (and no matter how they're paid, policing incur costs) - so it can dissuade them from acting.

clickbank is notorious for being unpoliced. try another network.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi Hadasa,

I don't worry about other affiliates stealing my Clickbank sales. I'd do the same if I wanted to buy a CB product. Who wouldn't?! Meanwhile, if the majority of your buyers are non-affiliates that problem doesn't exist.

Other affiliates stealing your CB sales is pretty minor unless you're selling the get rich on the Internet products.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

agree Rexanne

Webmaster purchase is not stealing, they are like using their link instead of yours

Thus, avoid promoting webmaster related products ??

Yeah, you just have to weigh the money you make vs the potential loss from stolen sales which is greater with CB. You can do well with up to 75% payouts but the problem does exist so be careful...

Unless you are promoting Intrernet Marketing Products this shouldn't be a problem at all.
    People who click through your hop link to a spyware-removal, acne-removal or how-to-learn spanisch product don't even know or care what clickbank or a hoplink even is.

I guess that in some cases if another clickbank affiliate goes to the order page and sees the publishers ID they may go back and use their link to make the purchase.

I have seen that this does not happen that often. Most people buying the products you are promoting don't even know what clickbank is. For example if you were promoting a e-book on dog training the chances of someone replacing your link to make the purchase would be slim to none.

If you were promoting a book on how to increase clickbank sales and were targeting cb affiliates many would probably use there links.

Cheers,

Paul

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread