Internet Cowboy
    Cinco De Basso!
    There was a pro tournament on Lake Fork a few weeks back. Fishing gear manufacturers had booths, there were free concerts etc. It was a festival atomosphere durng the days while the pros were fishing. While I was there I spent some time talking with the folks at Bill Lewis Lures, the Rat-L-Trap people. They are based in my home town and still make the lures right there.
    They invited me to be a member of their field staff, to help them at promotions etc. Tomorrow I will be working at a promotion at one of the area Bass Pro Shops stores. If you have ever been to one of those stores, they are awesome stores. We'll be showing how the lures work in the big fish tank and talking to people about fishing. It sounds like it's right up my alley. It's a no-pay gig but will land me lots of lures and other things I would buy otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    They invited me to be a member of their field staff, to help them at promotions etc. Tomorrow I will be working at a promotion at one of the area Bass Pro Shops stores. If you have ever been to one of those stores, they are awesome stores. We'll be showing how the lures work in the big fish tank and talking to people about fishing. It sounds like it's right up my alley. It's a no-pay gig but will land me lots of lures and other things I would buy otherwise.
    Nice.

Geno

Sounds like fun with great opportunity to talk fishing AND business with lots of people!

Speaking of Bass Pro Shops - have you been to the new one in Branson? I think it's still the only one in the US that sits on a real lake or river for testing and demonstration purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    They invited me to be a member of their field staff, to help them at promotions etc. Tomorrow I will be working at a promotion at one of the area Bass Pro Shops stores. If you have ever been to one of those stores, they are awesome stores.
    Smart people! I couldn't imagine a better promotional guy for them to use.

I grew up in Springfield, MO where Bass Pro started. I still remember when "Bass Pro" was the fishing tackle section inside all the Brown Derby liquor stores.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    Judi,
    I know the one in Garland, TX. sits on lake Ray Hubbard. They are really FUN stores. I'm off!!

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    That's awesome!! I'm jealous!
    Now if you get too many duplicates of the same lure you're gonna share with friends right?
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Now if you get too many duplicates of the same lure you're gonna share with friends right?
    He'll have a fish naming contest with prizes!

Now that I think of it, the Bass Pro Shop in the Keys (not Marathon, maybe the next town north?) is right on water, too. But I get this little Chamber newsletter from Branson and I know it said something about the new store. Maybe it's the biggest. hmmm.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Cool deal Scooter, and it's always fun to spend a day talking fishing with fellow enthusiasts. Your tackle box ought to be packed full by the time it's over. Enjoy the socializing and remember that hat....

Alan Trout Slayer
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i remember attending Scott's offline marketing session at Affiliate Summitt in Vegas... it is so freaking refreshing to see someone being honest and doing what they preach!

he's got a bass site and he's in bass stores talking to bass fishing folks, tied into some real life merchants who have partnered with him, attending events and becoming a part of the industry he promotes online.

love it Scoot! You kick bass!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread