ABW Ambassador
    Ok, I've been reading and backreading this board nonstop ever since a found it some days ago.. my head is spinning and my eyes are turning red....

Just wanted to see if what I've picked up so far is the right way to go.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>What most are doing is joining a merchant (thru CJ, BeFree, Linkshare..)and making a sales page for it. Then submit it to the SEs, look for the next merchant and create the next page/site.

<LI>Although it's easier to get a good ranking with content based they don't sell as well.

<LI>The more pages you can make, the more money you'll earn.

<LI>Links that go to a specific product have a better CR than those that go to the merchants site but the the time needed to keep an eye on possible link changes isn't worth it.[/list]

I also have a couple of questions, is it better to have just one domain or diffrent doamin for each product/merchant.

I guess it would help the ovreall ranking of the site if it was all together.. anyway that's just my guess..

and

How can virtual malls get any tarffic? The ones I've seen are just a bunch of links put together.. does google actually rank them high?

I had more questions but forgot to write them down [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img].. oh well.. I'll come back with them soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

You guys and gals have a great community here!

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PS. Oh yeah.. one more thing.. I think it would help to have a "Getting Started" forum

---
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." -- Thomas Jefferson

Hey, you're a quick study. Yes would be the answer to most of your questions.

A good trade off to sending a person to a specific product is to send them to a list page/group. Your marketing creative can focus on selling, lets say, North Face Fleece Jackets. We'll always have some in stock, but the individual items will cycle in and out.

Marketing that page will convert better than sending them to the homepage, but not quite as well as sending them directly to the North Face Denali Fleece. However you won't have to check the links on the list page but will on the product page. Does this make any sense?

thanks,

John

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

I don't understand what it is that you want. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> is it better to have just one domain or diffrent doamin for each product/merchant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you've got the $10 for every domain you'll need, you'll see better SE results. However, it will cost quite a bit and you have no assurance that the domain's products will produce.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>John
    Hey, you're a quick study. Yes would be the answer to most of your questions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's easy with 6000++ teachers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Heydar
    I don't understand what it is that you want.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Tzu
    If you've got the $10 for every domain you'll need, you'll see better SE results. However, it will cost quite a bit and you have no assurance that the domain's products will produce.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm I guess I'll use 1 or 2 domains and then get some more if this works out.

Thanks all!

Javi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have." -- Thomas Jefferson

I would say to go with your initial domain and split the affiliates into your sub-domains as for starters. Later on you can move on to buying more domains.

Javi,

Hi and Welcome<LI>http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/welcome.gif

Yes, you've got it down pat!

====================
    All,

Why am I seeing pop ups on this thread?

There is a zero tolerance for popups on ABW! Whomever is inserting such code .... remove it or be banned.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 12, 2002 at 09:57 PM.]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> How can virtual malls get any tarffic? The ones I've seen are just a bunch of links put together.. does google actually rank them high?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On *my* virtual mall sites, I put a page of spin for each product (usually one product to a page). The only "list of links" is on the front page, and those are navigational links to the ad pages on the same site! So the SEO is about the same as for any other site that has more than just links.

I've seen that "almost 100% links" style of virtual mall too, and would suspect that paid advertising or other non-SE methods (email, word-of-mouth referrals, etc.) are used by at least some of them due to the way their pages are set up (not SE-friendly).

But in some cases, the "bunch of links" may be related enough that Google can pick up on some of the keywords on each page. (For instance, if there's links to 10 different shoe stores on a page and they all mention "shoes" either in the link or a mini-description, Google will pick up that "shoes" is a word relevant to the page, IF there aren't a bunch of other kinds of links there confusing it.) When Google can tell what's supposed to be the keyword(s), I would expect it to work pretty much the same as any SEO: keyword optimization + getting links into the site.

I find that the question for the "mainly links" style of virtual mall isn't how they get traffic...it's how in the heck they can sell much of anything without any ad spin! Those spinless sites are usually dull as rocks! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[Added--Popups? I didn't see any pops here...]

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread