Increasing Traffic and Ranking
    I am trying really hard to get one of my sites near the top of google. I have spent a lot of time testing and retesting and have on occasion hit the first page only to drop back down the rankings. I have a site that is now almost two years old it has a PR 5 and gets average traffic, it is indexed and I am trying to increase not only the traffic but the CTR, the content is good and unique it has regular updates with fresh content, it has lots of back links and is optimized, How can I increase the traffic and adsense revenue without too much alteration to the site.

I think the best thing for you now is a little press. Maybe you can run a promotion or contest and write up a press release. If you know any bloggers who might be willing to do a story on you that's great too. Anything to get some buzz going on about your site. The key is to have something so unique and special that bloggers see your story and want to write about it themselves. If you can get at least a good handful of bloggers to write about you that'll help your SE placement immensely.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I agree with Scott, its time to go after some quality inbound links. Not all links are created equal. See if you can score one from major bloggers, newspapers, etc...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Press Release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I think the best thing for you now is a little press. Maybe you can run a promotion or contest and write up a press release. If you know any bloggers who might be willing to do a story on you that's great too. Anything to get some buzz going on about your site. The key is to have something so unique and special that bloggers see your story and want to write about it themselves. If you can get at least a good handful of bloggers to write about you that'll help your SE placement immensely.

- Scott
    Can one do an effective press release using a free service? The ones I tried seemed to be worth what I paid for them.

What about http://www.eworldwire.com/ ? At $99 it may be worthwhile if one had a site worthy of public notice.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Can one do an effective press release using a free service? The ones I tried seemed to be worth what I paid for them.

What about http://www.eworldwire.com/ ? At $99 it may be worthwhile if one had a site worthy of public notice.
    Honestly, I haven't found any PR services to produce substantial results. The real key is submitting your PR to blogs and news services that are relevant to your site. I was able to get a lot more press submitting my PR to a single blog than paying $200 to submit to PRwire. This really just comes down to who you know and what blogs you can find. Then there's the real challenge of building a strong enough site to entice a write-up.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Google's webmaster page still says that having quality inbound links and good content stands above all.

There is also a good debate about the possible penalty flag that Google can toss at you for pay-per-post blogs, which they say they can algorithmically detect.

What's a bit outrageous is that years ago when the first PPC site came out- (I think it was an Idealab company founded by Bill Gross, Goto.com maybe? which was later Overture.com) the world was in an uproar about the bias of paid links.

Fast forward a few years, Google adopts PPC, and history was made and today Google has a $160 billion dollar market cap largely on the basis of PPC earnings.

Now Google is scaring the heck out of webmasters and SEO folks with penalties for websites that participate in pay per blog post advertising.

go figure...
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    poll your visitors and figure out what they want more of, then give it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    poll your visitors and figure out what they want more of, then give it to them.
    That's the best advice!!!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread