Fraud signups and changes - HELP!
    Let preface the problem we are having and hope some of you can give me ideas to help combat it.

Our network is getting a ton of signups a day. But today for example I went to call all 15 waiting to be approved and not 1 out of the 10 phone numbers are real. So I denied their account. My question is why do people sign up on CPA networks such as ours and not enter real information? This is just taking to much of my time to deal with. It is like we need to hire someone full time to watch out for this and to also watch out for the many people per day IMing me to change their address which is fraud as well. I have to copy and paste several times a day that we do not manually change addresses and only the account holder can change this information through logging into their account.

I am just so frustrated with this.

This is what I would like and if anyone can point me to someone or some team who can achieve this for me let me know.

What I would love to have for our network is our own front and back end system custom made for us such as Hydras. I love their interface. But I would like to add an auto dial conformation so when people sign up to even get the application to the next stage they would have to pick up the phone they entered into the system and then type in the 4 digit pin provided after submitting the form. If not they simply are deleted there. Can anyone do this for us? I mean the whole thing - get us off DT and on to our own system along with adding features such as the one I have outlined above?

I see the only real solution to combat this is to call every single one of them each time and keep doing what we are doing for now!

Thanks in Advance.

Joe

My sister company (DataX) can do that, in addition to some other identity validation steps that you might find quite helpful. Feel free to call me.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Joe,

Looks like your sister company can do the verification part. But I do not see anything about creating us our own affiliate tracking, system liek Direct Track but our own. Am I missign something or can DataX only do the verification parts?

Anyone out there know anyone who can code something for me like Hydras interface?

Also, Joe I left you a VM. But I will be in a meeting for an hour here soon in case you call.

DataX would be only the verification part.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Joe --

Sorry to hear about the headaches. What a huge pain -- and it works to give all of us a bad rap. Hope you find a good system to reduce the hassles.

OT,

Thanks - Joe was very helpful so I am hoping with his system and someone who can assist us in building our own structure will really tackle this problem.

Joe again Thanks for your help!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    1) captcha
    2) verification as what Joe mentioned.
    3) human verification and approval as the safety net

Catch things on the front end so that you will not have a lot of issues on the back end. Talk to Chuck and he is pretty well versed in spam and bogus affiliates

Eric,

Thanks for your post. Who is Chuck? I know that human verification is the key here to some extent but man this is a full tiem job. I want to try to find a process that will eliminate full 100% human process. Captcha is on. Its the fake phone #'s and SS #'s which really are causing trouble.

Thanks for your input. We will find a way to limit this.

Quote Originally Posted by adFinityJoe
    Captcha is on. Its the fake phone #'s and SS #'s which really are causing trouble.
    I think you can weed out the fake applicants though the phone verification sys. If you need a contact, I can help you with somebody from Targus.
    http://www.targusinfo.com

I will check this out thank you very much for your post.

Glad I could help, Joe!
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Talk to LinkTrust they have a nice offering and a forum here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ight=linktrust

They are launching an affiliate verification system!

Hey Chuck,

Thanks,

I will look into this for sure. I know my buddy at firelead uses it. So I will ask him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adFinityJoe
    Hey Chuck,
    Now you know Chuck

Yes I do thanks Eric. All you guys are so great and helful! Thanks a ton!

Unfortunately phone verification doesn't always work correctly. Many will enter legit information and phone numbers and if it's not in their database they get rejected. After entering it several times the customer gives up and goes away. So you have the other side of the coin as well. Might keep a lot of fraud away, but also keeps a lot of legit customers away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Unfortunately phone verification doesn't always work correctly. Many will enter legit information and phone numbers and if it's not in their database they get rejected. After entering it several times the customer gives up and goes away. So you have the other side of the coin as well. Might keep a lot of fraud away, but also keeps a lot of legit customers away as well.

I totally see what your saying and if that is the case we can make a strong point if you are a legit customer please contact us. Its the people who are fraudulent that will go away and not come back hopefully. If I had to loose a few publishers (which I would never want) but lets say I have to combat over 50-100 fake sign ups a day then so be it.

The fraud just needs to go away. I hope the people who get rejected who are real would see our measures to protect them and the integrity of our network and be consistent with contacting us to get them on board.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread