Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Any takers for a Post-Summit NYC Affiliate Dinner?
    Hi all,

I'll be in NYC for the summer (for those of you who followed the "Where's Stephanie" Contest you know being stateside is a big deal!) and thought I would celebrate by getting an Affiliate Dinner together after the Affiliate Summit. I'm thinking sometime mid-late July, after work, and getting us together at a good place with good drinks and good prices (in theory this all sounds very good - in NYC we know it ain't always so, but I'll try my best )

If you're going to be in the area and are interested, post back so we can throw around some possible dates and I'll take care of the reservations and details.

Who's in?
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

July 19th to 21st won't work for me as I will be in Wisconsin at Rock-Fest those dates, but I would love to hit NYC and meet up any other time! (Now if you choose those dates so I can't attend I will know it is a conspiracy!)

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    July 19th to 21st won't work for me as I will be in Wisconsin at Rock-Fest those dates, but I would love to hit NYC and meet up any other time! (Now if you choose those dates so I can't attend I will know it is a conspiracy!)
    Isn't July 19 - 21 "Polka Fest" in Wisconsin Connie? Or is that what Wisconsin-ites call Rock?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Isn't July 19 - 21 "Polka Fest" in Wisconsin Connie? Or is that what Wisconsin-ites call Rock?
    Don't make me hit you in Miami.
    Not quite polka:
    http://www.rock-fest.com/
    If you refresh a few times you might see a FlamingoWorld banner on there.

So far it looks like just you and me Stephanie....mwahhhhh

How about the week of July 23rd then?

Them Yankees are just intimidated by us. But don't worry - I'll sic Brook on the NY contingent as he's my "muscle". He knows how to put the squeeze on
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

I would be able to fly in any day starting with the 25th. The 24th is my daughters birthday, her 21st, and I need to be here to teach her how to drink responsibly.

I an just see Brook trying to put te squeeze on the Naked Cowboy.

What part of the city will you be staying in?

I'd be interested but the date might affect my ability to attend (summer complicates child care issues). What are the dates you will be in NY?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

I'm subletting a place on the Upper West Side (mid 70s) and will be in town from June 25 - mid August. Obviously Summit, 4th of July weekend, Connie's "Mother/Daughter Smashed night", etc. are filling up July through the 21st ish.

So late July, or early August sound good? By then the camp counselors will want to get on your good side for tips and do almost anything (such as babysit) for an awesome tip at the end of the summer. I know this because I spent the better part of my teen years scheming for tip money in just this way. Sometimes this backfired as you stop being the favorite counselor when you have to enforce bedtime during the Muppet Movie.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

Too bad you aren't going to be in NY a few days earlier, some of us will be in town the 19th and 20th for Linkshare.

July 31 to Aug 4thish will be in Chicago for AdTech and Kristin's Bachelorette Party. Back to Chicago the 13th and 14th for the Performics Client Summit.

My dates that I am available, so you can plan it when I am busy:

June 25th -29th
    July 16th - 17th
    July 25-29th
    August 6th - 10th
    August 17th - 31st.

Ok sorry for the delay - had to check my oh-so-busy social calendar

What do you think about Wednesday, July 25th? Everyone speak now or forever hold your peace. Once the date is set, I wll be promoting the HECK out of this, so beware.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

That will work for me.

Great! So it looks like we'll do July 25th. Who else is in? I promise it will be a fun, drunk time

I'm up for anything and the city is full of fun dinner options:

1. your regular downtown restaurant (Brook says lots of parking is available at night in the area), of course with the option for great drinks.
    2. we could do something completely different like an interactive dinner show (such as Murdered By The Mob at Arno's Italian or Tony n' Tina's Wedding, etc.)
    3. a murder mystery dinner (we would probably need to change the date to Thurs the 26th for this)
    4. Some off off broadway dinner theater (great if just for the schmaltziness of it all)

Any other suggestions?
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

1. I am not drinking. I get into too much trouble when I do.
    2. Interactive dinner show sounds fun!

Affiliate Manager davidscookies's Avatar
    I would love to attend this dinner, please save me a seat if possible. I can also help sponsor with an endless supply of cookies, brownies, cakes or whatever. By then maybe I'll have a corporate card and can sneak a round of drinks too hehe...

I live in Hoboken, NJ which is like 10 minutes from NYC by train so this would work out great. I'm always around too if anyone wants to grab a casual drink or bite to eat.

That is a very generous offer! You are certainly "reserved" a seat at our dinner. I'd like to get two or three more people down for this guaranteed good time and then I'll make the reservations and let everyone know the detail.

So come on - who else is in? Now we've sweetened the deal (pun intended!) with cookies and brownies, a fun dinner show, and great company.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

Who do we have so far? I know a few people that might be interested that are in NY.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Harris
    Great! So it looks like we'll do July 25th. Who else is in? I promise it will be a fun, drunk time

I'm up for anything and the city is full of fun dinner options:

1. your regular downtown restaurant (Brook says lots of parking is available at night in the area), of course with the option for great drinks.
    2. we could do something completely different like an interactive dinner show (such as Murdered By The Mob at Arno's Italian or Tony n' Tina's Wedding, etc.)
    3. a murder mystery dinner (we would probably need to change the date to Thurs the 26th for this)
    4. Some off off broadway dinner theater (great if just for the schmaltziness of it all)

Any other suggestions?

An extremely fun off broadway show is forbidden broadway (If your into broadway) in midtown. It isn't a dinner show but it is walkable from times square and a bunch of other restaurants.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

That whole week is bad for me, I doubt I'll be able to make it.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Who do we have so far? I know a few people that might be interested that are in NY.
    At the current date we have set, so far its you, me, and davidscookies. I am trying to convince some old colleagues in NYC to join us too.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

Well if we have to change it to make it easier for some others to attend, I am fine with doing it another day.

Ok well I definitely want to make this as convenient a day for everyone. Mellie - here are the dates that are open for FlamingoWorld:

June 25th -29th
    July 16th - 17th
    July 25-29th
    August 6th - 10th
    (Connie - crossed off the last set of dates you gave because I don't think I'll be in NY that late in August).

My original thought is that we should try to keep it midweek because I thought that would be easier for a commuter crowd. Also we can score better deals on a show if that's what we're doing, by keeping it to a Thurs or Wed.

Once we decide on a date and harrass a couple more people into joining us (hint hint to everyone reading this post - we don't bite) I'll make some phone calls, get prices together, and get this happening. Davidscookies is bringing goodies - if that doesn't attract a crowd, I don't know what will!
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

If we do it after July 24th my daughter can join us, she will be 21 by then.

Any luck on setting a firm date? I can definitely grab at least one or two local colleagues to attend as well.

Let's try for July 26th. If we can get about six or so people together, I'll call the shows and post details here. Post back or PM me with any RSVPs you have.

Thanks folks!
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting

Sounds good, count me in. My birthday is a few days after that though so try not to do it the 29-31 if possible :-P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast