Question autofeed specific products ?
    Can I use the Autofeed option when I want to make a product page with a specific product from a merchant?

For instance I made a page with dog print shirts , but there are many more shirts I would like to show. Can I filter them out using the autofeed, now I get the whole feed when I click the button...

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    Can I use the Autofeed option when I want to make a product page with a specific product from a merchant?

For instance I made a page with dog print shirts , but there are many more shirts I would like to show. Can I filter them out using the autofeed, now I get the whole feed when I click the button...
    Hi Tulip,

We tried to provide the autofeed some intelligence in how it displays products in an effort of finding the most relevant items. Currently the best way to bring back relevant results in your case is:

You can search for products, let's say using the phrase "dog print shirts", and then populate your showcase. The autofeed will then bring back products based on your search term. (Note: a big factor in this is how intelligently merchants have labeled their products.) You can also try other phrase combinations to help your results like "dog shirts", "dog tee shirts", etc.

I hope that helps.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Hi Angel,

I tried to do this, I made a showcase, then tried to get additional clickthru pages with the same product (dog print shirts ) but it did not work, it picked up random products out of the datafeed.

I quess I have to make more pages by hand for the time being, it only takes a bit more time to make them, clickthru would be a lot easier

Regards,
    Isabella

Isabella,
    Could you please e-mail me your shop/autofeed page so I can take a look at it? Hopefully we can get that working for you...

jessie @ popshops.com

thanks!

-- JessieJ

Thanks Jessie, I have sent it to you

Isabella

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for the tips you sent me about proper use of the AutoFeed.

I will go and try it out

Isabella

No problem.

So that others can see what the issue was, I'm going to post my workaround.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we're still improving AutoFeed (hey! Duplicates are gone! Woohoo!), so hacks/workarounds are sometimes needed to make it work for certain purposes.

The way AutoFeed works currently is that it takes the keyword you used and the merchant you used and automatically creates SEO-friendly (except for JavaScript) additional pages based on your criteria. If you don't have a keyword input (for instance, if you just drilled down by merchant and category and picked products that way), AutoFeed will just pick random products from that merchant. This is a known issue and is being addressed, but for now, best results are had if you use a keyword (or keywords) to fill out your showcase.

So, basically, in order to have good, relevant results make sure you don't add products while browsing. Make sure all products added have specific keywords associated with them.

And we'll keep working on making AutoFeed smarter .

- JessieJ

These lessons are really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread