ABW Ambassador
    linkconnector.com Reporting SUCKS!
    It really is bad, I tried using it today and it's just a mess, looks like they are trying to do way more than they know how as nothing works as it should. I tried to find where a commisson came from but it took the painful task of trying all variations of their horrible reporting tools, just one big confusing disaster.

I was going to add some more links but there is no way I will now if they have reporting like this.. I just tried to also find the amount of the sale but I can not find that. This is the most useless reporting system I have seen yet and there are some really bad ones out there. The thing is they have all these reporting drop down options but they could have done all this with just once decent reporting feature.. sometimes I wonder what these developers and designers are thinking when they create these clunky useless user unfriendly interfaces?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I will never work with Link Connector again and I could write a book on why. The reporting problem is up there, I agree.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by blakekri
    I will never work with Link Connector again and I could write a book on why. The reporting problem is up there, I agree.
    Would you mind let us take a peek at your book's content list?
    I'm somewhere at "shall I leave" or "shall I stay" stage with Link Connector.

I did a test click on a ppc ad I placed for one of the programs on there. After about 90 minutes it still doesn't show any clicks for my linkconnector account.

I did this after noticing in my ppc account that two clicks were sent yesterday and neither showed up. (I'm only promoting one program on link connector, so it's easy to follow)

I'll give it the rest of the day, with the assumption that reporting is greatly delayed for some reason. But if it doesn't show any activity today, I'll pull the marketing. It's too bad, as I really like the product/program.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    I did a test click on a ppc ad I placed for one of the programs on there. After about 90 minutes it still doesn't show any clicks for my linkconnector account.

I did this after noticing in my ppc account that two clicks were sent yesterday and neither showed up. (I'm only promoting one program on link connector, so it's easy to follow)

I'll give it the rest of the day, with the assumption that reporting is greatly delayed for some reason. But if it doesn't show any activity today, I'll pull the marketing. It's too bad, as I really like the product/program.
    As far as I know, you need to be a Super Affiliate account to get tracked of your PPC campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    As far as I know, you need to be a Super Affiliate account to get tracked of your PPC campaigns.
    hmmm... don't recall seeing anything about that on there. But I could have missed it. Strange thing is it has tracked them previously, just the last couple days looing at the reports on adcenter/adwords there were clicks that didn't show up.

Oh well, if that is the case I'll have to drop the program.

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't know that until I had a talk with one of their rap. He upgraded my account to a Super account in order to track PPC campaigns. Although I'm still confusing about these acount things...

Just give you a heads up so you won't waste your costly PPC clicks if they don't get tracked .

Would you mind let us take a peek at your book's content list?
    Okay, just keep in mind this is merely my experience.

One day: $6500 in commissions. The next day, $4500 in commissions, yet no payment is reported. I ask where the $2000 has gone. After several incorrect replies that seem to indicate that LC account reps are every bit as confused as the affiliates forced to use their byzantine reporting, I finally get this response:

"“Once old Pendings become Rollovers, they are not longer included in the balance. If they become Valid, they will be rolled into the current month and added back into the balance. The basic idea is that Rollovers are now outside the payment window. Once/if they are validated, they roll back into the payment window and are added to the balance. The balance is always an estimate of near-term expected payouts.”

In other words, 2K can just roll off your account because they weren't validated in time by the merchant, and your only notification is that 2K disappears ... pfffft ... from your earnings.

That makes a statement like the balance is always an estimate of near-term expected payouts seem ... disingenuous.

Other highlights:

L/C changes their link structure and length substantially, with no heads-up. Consequently most of the links in my database turn up broken for a week or two until I stumble across the problem.

Later, tracking freezes at 5 clicks at around 8 am in the morning and sticks there all day despite previously averaging about 800 clicks a day. L/C is unable to find a problem ... indefinitely, in my case. First I'm told this is normal behavior. Later I'm told "we did find a problem and under some circumstances, clicks were not being recorded." Not my idea of transparency here.

Simultaneously, sales suddenly go from about $80-150 a day to $1.15 a day. L/C is unable to find a problem. Pleas for help go unresponded to not for hours, but for days, with frequent assurances that the problem doesn't exist or if it exists, it has been fixed.

In no case does L/C offer to compensate me for lost sales.

These are just a few of my personal experiences.

The fact that they are marketing "naked links" to merchants as a way to pump up their organic SERPS / pagerank at affiliate expense is by itself a reason to take a very hard look.

Most successful networks seem to strike a balance between the affiliate's needs and the merchant's, keeping in mind that the merchant has all the visibility and the affiliate needs some enlightened advocacy from the network.

I didn't feel L/C took this position at all.

And I can understand a green but ambitious network who starts out biting off more than it can chew. But this felt a little more negative and calculating than that.

Bottom line, though: business is business. If you're making good money off a program through L/C and aren't experiencing any intolerable gotchas, by all means, go for it. I certainly did until it just wasn't worth it to me anymore.
    Last edited by blakekri; May 17th, 2007 at 01:40 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    Blakekri, thank you for sharing your personal experience with us. Sorry to hear what you had went through. I'm ralatively new to L/C. For several months, no sales recorded yet. Although that could be because of the merchants I picked don't convert.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread