ABW Ambassador
    What's the Point of the Extended Private Offers Page?
    I have some emails from merchants offering higher commissions and return days from past experiences I have to do the awfully painful task of logging into Linkshare and then navigating to the account page and then scroll through each individual merchant to find their terms, this is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen in this industry and I never bother unless I really have a good reason to do this. Why can't they list these offers on this "View Extended Private Offers" page that is linked from most pages in the site. Instead I go to this waste of space page to find absolutely nothing just a blank dead page?

how about getting people to do useability testing on your website as in it's current form it's an absolute joke and especially with the link date disaster which just makes it even worse now.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Yep, another good idea very poorly implemented.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare is allowing their merchants to use this page to extend an invitation to an affiliate to join their program with standard terms, not a private offer. I have two listings on that report, neither of which is from a merchant I am affiliated with. So Linkshare is calling this a page for private offers but that's not what it is.

There's nothing wrong with a merchant extending an invitation to a network affiliate. After all, a merchant joins a network, in part, to have access to affiliates they wouldn't have otherwise, but don't call it a private offer page if that's not what it is.

I actually like the way Linkshare handles private offers. The merchant implements the offer which generates an email from Linkshare. The offer should be on the merchant's Program Controls page as it is. By displaying it there, it's always easily accessible to compare it to any other offers from that merchant.

i just have no clue some offers are listed in that page to remind me, while other offers are not listed on that page

not consistent

Plus it lists offers from merchants that are no longer with LinkShare.

And it doesn't give you any details about your current offer, so you can't really tell if it's a better offer or not. Many aren't.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree with snowman, that the way the private offers are handled works well. there's an email that notifies of the private offer, and then you can click on the link of the offer in your account page for that merchant and see the details, like return days, end date of offer. etc.

Perhaps I not recalling this correctly, but i thought the extended offer page was for offers that the end date was extended, and the offer was running longer.

ABW Ambassador
    I would just like to see all offers on the one page in LS (listed together) instead of going through the list of merchants. It would not be a problem if you only had a couple of merchants.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying but I go to

Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs

and see all terms on one page and the ability to download them too.

ABW Ambassador
    I checked the "consolidated information" page which is great but I have 19 pages...

ABW Ambassador
    That's what happens when you sign up for every Tom, Dick and Harry program. But then if you didn't, you wouldn't have anything to complain about.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes MR Know it all

ABW Ambassador
    Oh I'm no know it all by any stretch but I certainly do know your posting history and you've posted numerous times how you join programs and then just put them on the back burner. And you do complain a whole lot.

ABW Ambassador
    Snowman, That's surprising as your consistently putting others down on this forum to make your ideas and yourself look good. Some of us are working in production and have genuine requests for improvements to improve the networks and programs, I don't have time for nit picking and been a busy body and interfering when not welcome like yourself. if you have so much time and you don't like to see others posts about their problems then maybe you should seek a new industry to work in. I will certainly be one member who will not stand for your bully tactics on this forum.

i forgot to say, Snowman, your a Troll, a prime troll example and that is alll you ever will be - just a forum troll

Oh I'm no know it all by any stretch but I certainly do know your posting history and you've posted numerous times how you join programs and then just put them on the back burner. And you do complain a whole lot.
    How dare you write such crap about me, now your getting personal and way of topic, who the hell are you you idiot! I have never written what you are implying, you are one nasty lier and slime bag.
    Last edited by glittered; May 11th, 2007 at 03:58 AM.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread