Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am able to avoid shopping with my wife 99.9% of the time. Sunday was the exception. It makes me wonder why I bother with a page for womens clothing.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

I can never figure out why women spend so much time in clothes shops. Baffling. I want some clothes it generally takes me about two or three stores at the maximum and then I'll have everything I need.

It's must be a gender thing I can't fathom.

Меня зовут Динаму

I say we remove your Super Member status just for admitting you got suckered in to shopping with your wife!

Blah

BigFish

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    My wife must have some 'hunter/gatherer' gene that just pulls her into malls. It's like she's on a hunt, determined to bring meat back to the table, only it's not meat, it's a pair of $80 shoes she bought for $19.99 or some such, lol.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    What's a wife? I forget . . . she went in the store ten years ago and I haven't seen her since~! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I can never figure out why women spend so much time in clothes shops. Baffling. I want some clothes it generally takes me about two or three stores at the maximum and then I'll have everything I need.

It's must be a gender thing I can't fathom.~Dynamoo <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's even more secret than that--*I* can't fathom it either! Maybe it's some super-secret Clothes-Women Sorority or something, that not even all women are part of.

When I have to get clothes I just pull out a catalog and order. I'd order online, but they have a shipping deal with the catalog most of the time. That kind of shopping counts as a j*b when it involves standing there in stores with my feet hurting, trying things on in cramped dressing rooms. Add the frustration of finding the size smaller, and the size larger--but having the place sold out of The Right Size--and that kills it altogether.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Female logic is that if you paid $$99 for a $400 dress it is a great deal because it is a $400 dress. Sorry Ms XY chromosone...it is a $99 dress.

My moms credit card got stolen the other day and I asked dad what the credit card company said when he called. He said, " called, what are you crazy, I am saving money with her not having it".

My lack of patience with the opposite sex may be the reason there is an ex Ms BigFish.

blah blah blah

BF

Beats me but I spend a lot of time sitting
    on mall benchs. Scenery is really good sometime.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I run a personal shopping service for husbands who hate shopping with their wives at Christmas. Just fork over the charge cards ( 2 minimum) and after 3 wives I can wear out the best of them ..expecially if you get them topsy first. All good shopping starts at the Bennigans -TFIG Fridays bar first...even makes the new shoes fit better as they wander from shoe store to shoe store and only pause at a dress shop to catch their breaths. I charge by the hour ..happy hour rates apply on weekends too.

WebMaster Mike

Men will never understand women and women will never understand men. The thought processes of the the two genders are radically different. Neither gender is superior to the other. We are equal in our ignorance about each other. Understnding this basic difference and working with it (not against it) is the key to a successful relationship. And the hell with John Grey- A man does not need to become more like a women to gain a womens respect.

BTW- I do not shop. My wife buys all my clothes for me. That happens to be new jeans twice a year along with some polo shirts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW2- XY=male XX=female
    If this has somehow been changed please disregard this post [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, shopping. Even the word brings me out in a cold sweat.

Is it just me or does every man suddenly feel incredibly weary after only 15 minutes of shopping with his other half. It doesn't seem to matter how bright, awake and alert I am when I step out the front door, all it takes is 15 mins on the High Street and this cloud of exhaustion descends, leaving me ready to drop.

I love my partner dearly but she seems to find shopping enjoyable and even after 11 years (anniversary coming up this week) together, she just doesn't understand why I hate it and refuse to go with her.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

I for one dislike shopping intensely. I don't even do the grocery shopping. The majority of the shopping in our household is done by my husband. It is my job, however, to buy the Christmas gifts. Last year I did it all at locally owned stores downtown in three hours. This year, I just may sit in front of the computer.

When it comes to shopping, I'd rather create pages so others can shop.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Happy anniversary Markymark and many more. Our 19th anniversary will be on the day after Thanksgiving. It does change from year to year but that's the day we got married. In Las Vegas of all places. I have never regretted it. Hell after all the money I lost there previously it was time to come out a winner. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> she just doesn't understand why I hate it and refuse to go with her <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Tip
    Offer to drive her to the Shops.

Most women hate driving and parking.
    She thinks you are interested in helping out in some way.
    She can carry less shopping if she is unable to store her purchases in the car whilst looking for more.

Works well with me and keeps the peace [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mad Doctor Gfufy

The part I cannot fathom out is when they (our better halves) come home loaded with clothes and they say they saved x amount of money because the stuff was in a sale ???

They always seem to (conveniently) forget that they never needed/wanted the stuff in the first place, so the mere fact they bought it cost money not saved it.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I must have been a man in my previous life.
    I hate shopping!!! If I can order it online I will, if not then I make a beeline to the store grab what I need and out the door I go.
    The only place where I even remotely want to linger is the specialty chocolate shops. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

I notice a running thread here - we women affiliates don't like shopping any more than men in general do! I too hate shopping with a vengeance! Like Leader, I pull out a catalog or, more often these days, shop online. I even buy athletic shoes online, and since I'm such a fitness fanatic, I know I should be getting them in person, fitted by an expert.

A good Christmas season for me is one where I can get everything online or from a catalog and not have to step into a store once. In fact, I'm already done with this year's shopping pretty much, except for any potential, "Ah! So-and-so would love this!" buys.

My boyfriend's the shopper of the family - he loves looking around for clothes and spending scads of money on "deals." (He's also a musician; perhaps this helps explain things.) I think god got the sexes wrong when he threw us together - I'm the main breadwinner/ investor/ make the major decisions person. He's the homemaker/ house cleaner/ shopper/ cooker/ discretionary income one. Well, frankly, I wouldn't be happy with a guy who expected me to have dinner on the table in a spotless home I cleaned myself. In fact, I'd be out the door, never to come back, before he got home from work. And I'd make sure the place was dustier than when I got there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

J

I certainly hate to shop. I have found one store thet I can go into and come out in 20 minutes with a years supply of clothes. 3 or four jeans and one or two pairs of shoes and some underwear is all I need until next year.

I get t-shirts when I go to events that sell them as fund-raisers or give them as prizes.

And I can do the groceries in 15 minutes or so, once a week.

I knew I had married the wrong person, are any of you ladies free? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Now it's time to do my annual computer shopping. This one freaks out every 15 minutes or so and needs to be shut down and restarted.

I think I have everything important saved, so off I go. I hate computer shopping too. I go to the nearest discount store and buy the cheapest one they have, and add some RAM.

I could get it from tiger or another of my sponsors, but I need it NOW.

If I'm not around for a while you'll know why.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    missdonna just became my idol....You have NO idea how many pairs of shoes my wife buys, lolol. She always comes back with, "Hey, I don't take drugs, and I drink in moderation, THERE'S WORSE THINGS THAN BUYING SHOES!", lol, ouch.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    &gt;My wife must have some 'hunter/gatherer' gene that just pulls her into malls.

Close!

Generalizing, but,

Men are Hunters. They want something, they go and get it, and they go home. It is a Chore that must be done and finished with. Men are good Grocery Shoppers.

Women are Gatherers. They want something, they go looking for it, gather all sorts of things along they way, and then go home, sometimes without the original item they were looking for. It is a Pleasure and is never finished. Women are good Accessory Buyers.

And, as someone suggetesd, Women focus on the saving, not the cost, whereas Men focus on the cost.

As I say, generalizations, but they hold true most of the time. Something to consider when building a shopping site targeted at one particular gender.

Woz
    PS., no offence meant.

Well, I spoke too soon. I came back from the store with a little information, but no computer. Does that prove someone's theory? Dunno.

My computer decided to start behaving as soon as I got everything important saved elsewhere, so it isn't an emergency anymore.

So I went to Tigerdirect to see what was available there. Found something I liked, wanted to see how much shipping would be. Oh yeah, the shipping info thing doesn't work with my Netscape Navigator 6. And my computer has decided Internet Explorer is one of the things it doesn't do anymore.

Also, I checked to see how much my comission would be if I bought it from my own link, and the best info I could find was "up to 4%" - Anybody know what that means?

The new monitors are sure nice though. I guess I should wander through computer stores more than once a year! As soon as my 2 working monitors quit I'll be happy to get one of those nice new little ones.

ABW Ambassador
    I have my eye on those flat panels, but my NEC MultiSync 70 is showing no signs of dying. Well prices will probably get even lower by the time it dies.
    Cazzie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I too generally hate shopping, but there are 2 stores that get me salivating. When I walk in to a Best Buy or a Circuit City I'm in heaven.. Its my girlfriend who actually has to pull me out of there before I drop a couple of thousand [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I lose all sense of good judgement in there! Talking about role reversal! lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast