Red face Cool flight to NY!
    I flew out to NYC today for for the dinner in NY, had a dinner with a friend tonight here. I went first class since NW airlines offered me a cheap upgrade. I get in my seat, the guy next to me looks familiar. I am thinking Walter Mondale, former Vice President and former Presidental Canidate. Not sure if he was still alive, thinking should look this up when I get to my hotel. But then some guy comes up and says Vice President, I would like to shake your hand. So I got to have a 2 1/2 conversation about tons of subjects with Walter Mondale!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    ABWers are moving up. Literally rubbing shoulders with former Vice President

http and a telephoto
    WOW!!!!! Very cool... I thought they got secret service guys to sit with them...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Ted Koppel passed me while eating at PJ Clarke's where Johnny Depp usually hangs. No Johnny, but did see Cameron Diaz go by!
    This hotel is in prime celeb territory!

Last year when I flew first class on US Air I sat next to Bill Cosbys wife on the Huxtables I forget her real name, we didn't talk though

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    WOW!!!!! Very cool... I thought they got secret service guys to sit with them
    Cool it is. Ok Connie, which button were you wearing ABW or .

Cause now we really have to worry what we post.

I had only one issue on the flight, I didn't really feel comfortable reading my Cosmo mag with Walter sitting next to me. I kept it in the bag. haha

Affiliate Manager davidscookies's Avatar
    Very cool! I don't get 'star-struck' but it is definitely neat to have a humanizing conversation with a public figure. In the end, we all put our pants on the same way (or dresses!). I'd be stoked to hang with some of the internet/computer gurus - jobs, larry, sergey, myspace tom (a guy I used to work very closely with hangs out with tom every weekend in LA... long story). Of course Kate Beckinsale or Angelina Jolie would be great too...

My dad lived in Mt Kisco NY for a while and the Clintons moved into nearby Chappaqua - he hated all the traffic it generated. Too funny...

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I flew out to NYC today for for the dinner in NY, had a dinner with a friend tonight here. I went first class since NW airlines offered me a cheap upgrade. I get in my seat, the guy next to me looks familiar. I am thinking Walter Mondale, former Vice President and former Presidental Canidate. Not sure if he was still alive, thinking should look this up when I get to my hotel. But then some guy comes up and says Vice President, I would like to shake your hand. So I got to have a 2 1/2 conversation about tons of subjects with Walter Mondale!
    Connie,

This is not a political question, but I just want to ask you if you did ask Walter Frederick ("Fritz") Mondale for an autograph?

Hey, he may be a democrat, and I may be a republican, but I would not mind having a Mr. Mondale autograph on that fly.

And......

Depending on how long the trip took, I might even convince the guy to promote some of my sites to the other party.

Look, a new marketing idea, is a terrible thing to waste, OK?

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    WOW!!!!! Very cool... I thought they got secret service guys to sit with them...
    Connie IS secret service, flying under the FlamingoWorld logo (incognito).

Cool flight Connie. Though I did not share his views on many things, he was and is a good man, and I'm sure a very interesting person to converse with. Did you buy him a beer?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    VERY COOL! It had to have been very cool having a conversation with him. What did you talk about???

Seems like a perfect start to a perfect NYC mini vacation. :-) I wanna hear what else happens to you while you're there!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thats a great story you get to keepw ith you forever now. How was the guy? What kind of things did he have to say? Did the war come up at all or just small talk?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Too cool, better check your return ticket to see if you are sitting next to Dick Chaney on that one!!

I did not ask for his autograph, although I thought about it and how much it may be worth some day.
    I had bought Cosmo to read, changed my mind, didn't want him to see some of the articles in there.

We talked about the Queen's visit, he didn't get invited to any of the dinners either. We talked about VA Hospitals, College kids, Walmart and how they ruin towns. We also talked about the town he grew up in which is near where I did.
    He was very nice, interesting.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Too cool, better check your return ticket to see if you are sitting next to Dick Chaney on that one!!
    Or Dick Cheney too!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Or Dick Cheney too!!
    I doubt that will happen.

Dick Cheney would call up his contacts at Halliburton and they will send an empty plane from Houston to DC.

Last year when I flew first class on US Air I sat next to Bill Cosbys wife on the Huxtables I forget her real name, we didn't talk though
    Phylicia Rashad! Cool! Too bad you couldn't strike up a conversation
    I've never met (or seen) anyone famous on a plane, but last time I was in NYC I saw Eric Clapton and Lou Reed on streets in different parts of Manhattan on the same day!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread