Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    New Avatar
    I just added my new avatar, so I must say goodbye to my old one (Kyle from South Park) and move on.

The avatar is me with a beautiful wild rainbow trout that I caught (and yes, released) a few years ago on the Mitchell River in a wilderness area about 340 miles north and east of Vancouver.

I probably caught in excess of 400 wild rainbows like this one during the six days I was there with my group. It's the absolute BEST trout fishing trip I could ever imagine, which is why I've been there four times now. Big, extremely strong rainbows that really make you pay the price. I'm day-dreaming as I write this......

The beard was for that trip only, as I am not one who likes dealing with beards or moustaches. I grew the beard especially for this trip, and shaved it off immediately when I returned to CO. So there ya go! An avatar that reflects my life and favorite past time.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    I just added my new avatar, so I must say goodbye to my old one (Kyle from South Park) and move on.

The avatar is me with a beautiful wild rainbow trout that I caught (and yes, released) a few years ago on the Mitchell River in a wilderness area about 340 miles north and east of Vancouver.

I probably caught in excess of 400 wild rainbows like this one during the six days I was there with my group. It's the absolute BEST trout fishing trip I could ever imagine, which is why I've been there four times now. Big, extremely strong rainbows that really make you pay the price. I'm day-dreaming as I write this......

The beard was for that trip only, as I am not one who likes dealing with beards or moustaches. I grew the beard especially for this trip, and shaved it off immediately when I returned to CO. So there ya go! An avatar that reflects my life and favorite past time.
    Bashing Time!

First, we knew you by your (South Park) avatar.
    Second, your new wild rainbow avatar looks like a dominoes piza delivery guy. (from this angle and size)
    Third, we can't see any beards or moustaches on that tiny avatar.

So, put a real pic of you, or just go back to the old Kyle impersonator avatar.

What would (you know who) think of you now?

Yeah, I find it confusing when people change avatars or when a few people decide to use the same avatar
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Bring Back KYLE!!!

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Nice Trout! I'm still daydreaming of getting a bass this year big enough to put in my avatar!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

You stopped using Kyle! ...YOU B@ST@RD!

Yeah, hard to see anything except your BIG GRIN! [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ...Love it.

~Bob

Geez, I didn't think moving on from Kyle would be a big deal. A person has to grow, move on to new frontiers and opportunities, take life by the yarbles and be his own man

Indeed Kyle has a special place in my heart; always has, always will. But at some point, the images of the past must be laid to rest and a guy has to move on.

RGR...
    Nice Trout! I'm still daydreaming of getting a bass this year big enough to put in my avatar!

I can send you some pics of big trout and you can photoshop it!!

Eric...

Bring Back KYLE!!!

Eric, Eric, relax big guy, let it go. Kyle will always be the little boy inside, but it's time to move on.

R7...
    Yeah, I find it confusing when people change avatars or when a few people decide to use the same avatar

very good

Rain.. Dude, that cracked me up. I live about 15 miles from the South Park area. Stone and Parker actually went to the same middle school my youngest son attended in Conifer, CO. I've always liked Kyle because of his hat, which is similar to the hat in my avatar. Kyle may pop up from time to time, just to say hello again, but I have to be my own man, leave Terrence and Phillip, Chef, Butters, Eric and the gang behind and move on with my life.

Sal...

Actually I got passed by for the Dominos job. It took years to overcome the disappointment. I had high hopes of making it in the "pizza delivery game", but alas, I had to accept the inevitable reality that I was in over my head. That's when I decided to become an internet marketing magnate, join a forum and "be" somebody!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I noticed your new avatar yesterday. I liked the idea. I think it corresponds to what you are (read: where your passion is). I only wish you added a larger size picture of you with that trout into your profile (I cannot see a thing in that 68x48 px tiny-winy avatar...

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    I noticed your new avatar yesterday. I liked the idea. I think it corresponds to what you are (read: where your passion is). I only wish you added a larger size picture of you with that trout into your profile (I cannot see a thing in that 68x48 px tiny-winy avatar... G.
    Geno, all good things in time... I'll work on it.

OK, anyone who wants to see a larger picture can check my profile. Just posted an enlarged pic. Hope you're happy!!

Just posted an enlarged pic
    Just mess with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    OK, anyone who wants to see a larger picture can check my profile. Just posted an enlarged pic....
    There you go!! MUCH better!

Nice catch!!

Geno

OK, now MY feelings are hurt.

I abandoned my Yosemite Sam avatar last week for a, uh, more realistic me. And no one even noticed.

Perhaps it's because I needed a shave when the picture was taken, but it's the best I have right now and it's part of my new "truth-in-advertising" approach to forums/blogs/etc., i.e., I never REALLY looked like Yosemite Sam.

(Probably it's because I'm too quiet and just don't post much. Ah, well.)

Gary the Writerguy

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    OK, now MY feelings are hurt.

I abandoned my Yosemite Sam avatar last week for a, uh, more realistic me. And no one even noticed.
    Gary the Writerguy
    Hey Gary,

I did noticed your new avatar last week, but you got no comment because you didn't say anything about it.

Btw, your new realistic avatar look more friendly that the guy with the two guns you had before.

Alan, I like the new one.

I am feeling very out dated. I've got no avatar and half my websites say "welcome to---"
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Nice Avatar Alan!

The big photo makes all the difference. That's a nice fish too!!

Jonesy,

I'll be happy to email you some various pics of bows and dolly varden. Anyone else wanting to see them just let me know. I love fish pics - they remind of so many great days with the outdoors.

I just emailed you Alan. Looking forward to some of those fishing photos!!

And just noticed some nice gravel beds on your avatar pic. Wonder if it's a spawning ground?
    Last edited by mr_jones; May 10th, 2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added

What the fish was thinking....
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    I just emailed you Alan. Looking forward to some of those fishing photos!!

And just noticed some nice gravel beds on your avatar pic. Wonder if it's a spawning ground?
    Jonesy,

just sent you more pics....

indeed the gravel beds are spawning beds, but they are spawning beds for the spawning salmon. The rainbows spawn in late spring. The reason the rainbows are so strong and hearty is that they follow the salmon up the rivers, devouring eggs like Rosie devours Krispy Kremes. They are swimming against a fast current for 50 - 100 miles, so their cardio vascular is pretty darned outstanding!

Joe, Grizzly Adams should be so good looking..... the show would still be # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Hey Gary,

I did noticed your new avatar last week, but you got no comment because you didn't say anything about it.

Btw, your new realistic avatar look more friendly that the guy with the two guns you had before.

Why, thank you, Mr. Sal, for noticing. You're right, I didn't say anything. Wasn't sure I wanted to call attention to the new avatar, because if you look closely, you'll see sort of a vacant look in the eyes, like the lights are on but nobody's home.

That's the way I feel most days lately, trying to get various PHP/MySQL scripts figured out -- DUH!

Gary the Writerguy

Love it, love it, love it!

Sandee
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Thanks Sandee - I miss Kyle but it was time to update!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread