Talking to Someone at Linkshare?
    Is there a way to get an actual Linkshare contact or AM or something? I'm about to pull my hair out.

I have had a problem with a merchant denying me credits despite the clicks showing up in my reports. They say that it is a Linkshare problem and that I need to contact Linkshare. So I filled out the Linkshare support ticket thing. I got an email back that was standard FAQ and said that if my questions were not answered, I would need to send an email to a different address.

Okay. No problem. They are weeding out repetitive questions. I figure that I am now on my way to a real person. So I email the address they give me. I get a response. YEA! Uh, oh. They can't help me via email. I need to call a number with a certain extention.

Okay. No problem. It will be easier to talk to the person on the phone anyway. I call the number. It isn't really the person who sent the email. It is a general "support" number. And I get the voicemail because "everyone is on the phone." I try back for hours, and "everyone is on the phone" every time. so they say to leave a message and they will call me back in the order in which my call was received. That was yesterday. I still haven't heard from them. So I call again today and guess what? "Everyone is on the phone."

I know there has to be a way to get to a real person. I am obviously just not doing something right. LOL!!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Unbelivable, isn't it?
    Happens to me too.
    And with the AM urggg... I never spoked with Vitacost AM in my life, and I have tried like 30-40 times in a 1 year span.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    If you need some help with a contact from another merchant that I know, do let me know and I might be able to assist. Pls email. Address attached in my sig.

ABW Ambassador
    This is probably going to come across as rude, but I'm saying it anyway. Eric, I am sick and tired of you always acting like you have some special powers at Linkshare.

helpingmoms, if I were you, I would ignore Eric's request. What you have experienced with Linkshare Support is inexcusable. Hopefully Ranae will offer a meaningful solution.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    This is probably going to come across as rude, but I'm saying it anyway. Eric, I am sick and tired of you always acting like you have some special powers at Linkshare.

helpingmoms, if I were you, I would ignore Eric's request. What you have experienced with Linkshare Support is inexcusable. Hopefully Ranae will offer a meaningful solution.
    Thanks Snowman for your positive comments and I feel bad that you feel sick. I mentioned, if you need help with any merchants that I might have connection with, I do not mind helping or sheding some light on the issue.

I did not say that I have some special powers at Linkshare nor have I claimed that I do. If I did, I think I would be on "Heroes:

Not to claim glory, there are quite a few affiliates (including a Moderator) that have gotten a call from merchants or Linkshare to address a concern after sheding some light on it.

Have an awesome day guys!

Off topic:
    Haiko, if you feel that I am not contributing and pissing affiliates off, do let me know and I will response accordingly.

I'm appreciative of any help at all at this point. Ranae sent me a PM earlier today and I gave my whole story. We'll see how that comes out. Hopefully it will help me open up the lines of communication.

And I appreciate your offer, Eric. You have certainly helped me in the past.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

LinkShare has "Distribution Services managers" or some title like that. try the main number 646 654 6000 and ask for some help from on of those guys - or maybe their boss

I've had the same problem. I've tried e-mails to a merchant. I've used LinkShare's contact form. I've left messages on the phone. The one response that I did receive via e-mail did not address my question. Very, very, VERY frustrating.

Just for grins, I'll let you know how my inquiry turns out.

I sent an inquiry earlier today using their form. Should be a pretty simple answer for them...just trying to find out if a merchant is still active since they've not paid me in months and I've asked the question before in a message with several questions. The merchant still has a star indicating a "premium merchant." And I can still create links to the company's products using Linkshare's utility. Linkshare did not answer the question in their previous responses to me. The last time I sent a direct question they didn't even respond.

Received LinkShare's generic response
    Tue, 15 May 2007 14:31:12 -0400 (EDT)
    This did not answer my question -- would not have expected an answer in the immediate response--I assume it's an autoresponder. So it's still cool with me.

I'll keep you posted as to how they handle things.

In my experience, LinkShare has always had dismal, awful support -- if you don't have a relationship with an affiliate manager at the client site, you simply can't expect any competent assistance with any problems you may have (and trust me, you WILL have problems with LinkShare).

I pulled the plug on LinkShare a long time ago, and recently I finally gave in and pulled the plug on Commission Junction also. I will no longer do business through either company, period -- if a merchant offers an affiliate program through CJ or LS, they will not draw any traffic from any of my sites.

If a company won't provide you with even the least amount of courtesy or respect, why would you continue to do business with that company?

I actually thought that I was getting somewhere. Someone left me a message on Friday. But then I tried to call again twice on Friday and kept getting VM, so I left a message. I haven't heard back since. But I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday, so I didn't try to call again. I'll give it another shot tomorrow and try to catch him at his desk. Will let you know if the saga ever ends.

ABW Ambassador
    violinstudent, if the merchant is listed as premium and you can create links, it's active. If they are several months behind in paying all affiliates, they should no longer be a premium merchant. You can determine if they haven't paid anyone by looking at their Merchant Payment History in SynergyAnalytics. If they are showing payment date(s) since you were last paid, it's likely there has been a hold placed on your payment. Because Linkshare has never provided that info. through their interface, the only way to determine if that has happened and why (so you can resolve the issue with the merchant) is to contact Linkshare support which you've attempted to do.

Hopefully Ranae, the Linkshare employee who periodically posts here will intervene but I don't think you have enough posts here to communicate with her by PM so maybe she can provide direct contact info. because you'll need to provide your login name and the name of the merchant if this issue is limited to your account rather than the merchant being delinquent with all of their affiliates.

Vitacost is 3 months behind and Dell too. They are Premium Merchants

ABW Ambassador
    Neither Vitacost nor Dell is listed as a Premium Merchant on Linkshare.

ow. they were some months ago when I last checked sorry for the missinformation

Just an update in the saga. Three days. Still no reply. I'll keep you posted.

I'm getting a little further. I talked to a very nice man named Adam the other day, who took all of the information and is now having the merchant investigate it further. He's out of the country until mid-week, so I don't expect to hear anything for at least a few more days. *Hopefully* by the end of next week I will learn more.

Ten days now. No returned calls or e-mail response.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread