ABW Ambassador
    Who are they?
    I got an email titled "RE: Shareasale down" from and I have never sent any email to them before. I'm not sure if I should ask ABW or SAS about this. Normally I will take it as a spam, but since SAS was down yesterday, not sure if it is related. Does anybody get the same email? Where are they got my email address from?

Following is the email content:

"This is a message from mbc2 at ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum ( http://forum.abestweb.com/index.php ). The ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email mbc2, you can use this online form:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/sendmessag...&userid=XXXXXX (I didn't even click on the link but it does have an ID number)
    OR, by email:
    mailto:mbc2@shaw.ca

This is the message:

How many daily sales do you normally have?

I ask this as I have had some recent issues with bugs in their system. They do get fixed it's just these are the ones we know about :/"
    Last edited by Trust; May 15th, 2007 at 11:32 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Someone from ABW sent you an email through the ABW form to email members. Click on your screen name and you'll see that option. They don't have access to your email address unless you respond. It's not spam.

There's a link in your profile entitled "Send a message via email to atonca"

Maybe they saw you discussing one of the merchants they promote and wanted to ask your experience. I don't know them, but what you posted looks like it might've been an ABW generated message sent via your public profile.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like to add that I just did a search here on ABW for all posts by mbc2 and there are none. If it were me, I wouldn't respond to someone who contacted me through a forum that he has never posted to.

I suspect that mbc2 will read this thread. Hopefully he will start participating.

ABW Ambassador
    I see. Never got one like that before.

No name and title on the email make me wondering...spams & spywares kill the nature of trust.

I will post when I have items of value to add
    I used the internal email feature on ABW. As my question was specific to atonca I did not think a general post was justified. I'll know better next time.

Sorry if I confused you atonca, I'm a newbie and still learning the ins & outs of this site. Won't happen again.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mbc2
    I used the internal email feature on ABW. As my question was specific to atonca I did not think a general post was justified. I'll know better next time.

Sorry if I confused you atonca, I'm a newbie and still learning the ins & outs of this site. Won't happen again.
    That's ok. You didn't state the question clear enough and there is no name or company info in the email, I thought it is some kind of spam.

I guess you should at least introduce yourself first or make a few posts here so we know you.

Since you've identify youself here, I will be happy to answer your questions. But honestly, I don't know if anybody will tell you how much they are making everyday. Search around here you will see what I mean

But, email me anytime if you still have questions to ask, except asking "How many daily sales do you normally have"

BTW, welcome to ABW!

Don't blame you for being wary, Atonca, but us newbies are always trying to figure out how this is supposed to work and wondering if we're doing something wrong somewhere. Watching hundreds of clicks disappear into a black hole and not knowing when/how/what to expect in the way of returns for our long late sweaty hours of coding. Guess I should only speak for myself, but it sounds like that's what might have prompted the eerie email.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread