Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Wink My Motivation
    First full week is up and I'm down 4 lbs! I'm on weight watchers point system and gave up beer and pop.

I had my first "hard" ride of the year with my trainer the other night and I swear I have gone through an entire jar of icy-hot! lol I'm really motivated to keep going strong with my strength and endurance training because I can't do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY0Ds...elated&search= and be out of shape!
    Last edited by rgrsgrl; May 11th, 2007 at 08:20 AM. Reason: link
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Congratulations, on dropping 4lbs but how could you give up beer! It does not make any sense
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

I think beer has been harder to give up than smokes!! Every time I want one I gulp a big bottle of water as fast as I can and pretend.....lol

LOL, I do feel your pain.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

Congratulations rgrsgrl, proud of ya

Just think of of all the empty calories in the beer and the fact that it will take about 5K steps to "burn" the beer off. Keep chugging that H20
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks Haiko!

I'm actually not missing the beer much(or the extra calories!). This getting healthy lifestyle change has one drawback........I can't sit still!

I'll read a post, let the dog out, read a post, fly-spray Kahlua, read a post, let the dog in, read a post, put laundry in dryer. I didn't realize how immobile I had become over the winter!

Great Job. I also have started my diet and also have dropped 5 LBS already by cutting out Soda, and drinking all water with a little excersise. Keep up your progress it encourages me to keep up my hard work.

Joe

Congrats!! Big time!! The whole soda thing is really throwing me for a loop. I am so addicted to (let me spell it out so I don't get slammed ) Coca Cola, that if I don't have at least one in the morning, I can't function. I feel tired and draggey all day, and get killer headaches.

I tried to quite Coca Cola when I became pregnant a couple of years ago, and that just made everything worse. I use to drink coke like water, now I only have 2 a day. I have lost 7 pounds (actually more like 12 but I got really sick for the last week and a half and put some back on and didn't help visiting the in-laws in ohio .. lol)

In other words, I plan my diet around at least one coke a day .. lol .. and no I can't stand diet or zero.

I am glad you were able to give stuff up easier than I have been able to lol!
    KK

Kristin,

When I gave up Soda as well about 2 weeks ago I would get headaches for about a week. Just take Tylenol. My Dr. said that Soda is just terrible for your body. I feel much better off it. I have more energy etc. Now I just need to stop smoking and keep working out and eating better. lol

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier
    .. and no I can't stand diet or zero.
    "Regular" Diet Coke is sweetened with Aspartame. But, they now also make a version that uses Splenda instead. It's the closest thing ever to real Coke. You may be surprised if you try it,
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

But regular Diet Coke still has Caffiene. I need to stay away from Caffiene. O well water and juices for me. Prob best for me anyways.

I have cut out pop but not caffeine completely. I have greatly weakened the strength of my coffee though.

Yeah I had bad headaches first few days too

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread