Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well I am used to seeing $0.00 in my balance at CJ, but I keep plugging away. When I checked my stats this morning, it says my balance is $3.00. When I run a report though, it shows $0 for total revenue. Does anyone know why it might be like this?

Thanks

"If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying" - Coleman Hawkins

Just give it a little time to catch up.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Website Tools | Webmaster Resources | Website Articles

Congrats on the first CJ sale.

Yes, give it a bit to show up.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

Congrats, be sure to ask the merchant if they have their cookies option turned to "keep=no", this means you will only get credit for the first sale made by that visitor even if the cookie is 365 days and the visitors buys 20 items during the cookie period. Its CJ's way of rewarding merchants for sticking with CJ! CJ lick one side of the coin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ok, the sale showed up. Yipee!!! Anyways, it was purchased through a general link and not a product link. Is there any way to tell what product the person bought if it was purchased through a general link?

ABW Ambassador
    Not at CJ, i don't think. I know at Linkshare you can tell exactly what they bought.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

Hi, Drumminlogan -- congrats on your first CJ sale!

This almost feels like a race. I had my first Amazon sale a few days ago, and you posted that you had your first Amazon sale also, on that same day.

Now you've had your first CJ sale. Well, I'm still at...ummm...$0.00. Hmmm. I seem to be losing this race.

I know, I know: "Make more pages." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The race doesn't always go to the swift, but that's certainly the way to bet.

Congrats again.

-- Mike

ABW Ambassador
    >>I know at Linkshare you can tell exactly what they bought.<<

IF the merchant has it set up so you can. Some LS merchants don't.

But it sure is nice on the ones that do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes." -- Holly, from Red Dwarf

Thanks Mike for the comments. Yeah, it is a race between you and I. Who ever can reach $100 in commission first wins. :-)

I am up to $5. hehe

Well, "the race to $100 in commissions" continues:

Amazon updated their stats, and I'm now up to $7.62 in commissions, with 3 other books ordered but still not shipped/credited.

Still at $0.00 with CJ, though.

Is $7.62 enough to put me back in the lead??

-- Mike

LOL at the race. Good way to motivate! Go, go, go!

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Well, I finally got my CJ balance off of zero! It's now up to an impressive... 32 cents.

My Amazon commission seems stuck at $7.62, but thanks to CJ my total has now zoomed up to $7.94.

No word from drumminlogan recently. Am I going to win this race (to $100) by default?

-- Mike

Hey MikeO, I moved this week and my cable internet and phone line won't be set up until Wednesday. Until then I have to come here to the library to check. Right now my total affiliate commissions are $11.91. :-) Am I winning still?

Hi, Drumminlogan:

Yep, you're still ahead!

I'm now up to (combined Amazon and CJ) commissions of $9.62. I thought that might have moved me ahead, but noooo!

Nice how the aff. business works for you even while you're off the net, isn't it?

You also beat me to the magic "four-figure" commission level (ignoring that pesky decimal point) -- congrats!

-- Mike

MikeO,

I'm back. Just got my cable internet hooked up. It's awesome. Now I am going to work extra hard to raise my sales. Better watch out. :-)

Hi, Drumminlogan:

Good to hear you're back online, this time with cable modem. I'm on cable modem also, and I could never go back to dialup.

I know you're still in the lead in this race, since I'm only up to $10.92 in total commissions.

But I've sold 6 more books through Amazon in the last few days, so we'll just have to see...

-- Mike

I don't think I will ever go back either. Wow, 6 books on Amazon. What kind of site do you have? Is it a store type of site or info, etc. Well, due to a new merchant on shareasale.com, I added another $1.58 to my commission bring me to $13.49.

Hi, DL:

My site is a real mish-mash of different topics, so far. No real "theme." I just let SEs find the individual pages. They're all linked to each other, of course, so people can wander around the site and so SEs can find everything.

I'm trying out different types of pages to see what works for me -- what gives me the best return for the time it takes me to make them. Once I find that out, I'll make lots more of those types.

I'm doing about 10 of each type of page, to give me a reasonable sample.

So far I've been doing "quality" content pages (pages one's friends and relatives can look at and say "my, that's nice"), but I'm about to try a set of "quick-and-dirty" pages that will take less time to put up, but may also return less in sales.

For me, "quality" means a set of useful tips on how to solve a problem or use a type of tool, along with *lots* of links to let the viewer buy the tool and related hardware (or books).

Almost all of my Amazon sales have come from my book-review pages. I made it easy on myself by just writing reviews of books I'd already read. Eventually I'll run out of books I've read and then it gets somewhat harder, so we'll see.

This may not be the optimum method, but it works for me. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn in the forest now and then.

-- Mike

Hey Mike,

quote:
    Eventually I'll run out of books I've read and then it gets somewhat harder, so we'll see.

I don't know if this is true in your case, but for years I had been buying books from Amazon (and later Half). Well a few months back I was trying to cut costs and had a "duh" moment, as in, "gee, I guess there's a place I can get books from for free!" Somehow I forgot about public libraries. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

So I recommend that as a good "investment" for your business. Which reminds me, I've read a bunch of books since I got my card. Hmmm . . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Well MikeO I just got a big sale. Total commission on it was $18.10 which boosts me to $31.59. Rock on!

Well this is getting funny, wait till you get to a thousand and nobody wants to post anymore [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Maybe Haiko should create a forum 'ABW Diary'...

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think when you get to a thousand it stops this type of thing. I reckon it is a great idea for a forum. Commission races - great motivators by the looks of it.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Hi, Drumminlogan:

Outstanding! You're really zooming. I'd sure like to get a large commission like that. Books are unlikely to do it.

I am getting frustrated, though. I've sold 23 books through Amazon since we started this race, and only 9 have shipped. And Amazon hasn't updated their stats to cover yesterday, either. Grrrr.

Don't be surprised if I suddenly catch up. All Amazon has to do is ship the darn things!

I've got 10 new non-book-review pages up now, just waiting for a good spider-scampering.

But that takes soooo loooong! "Internet time"? Sheesh! I want it *now*!

The race to $100 will likely be over by the time that starts to help.

Ah, well -- I know you're facing the same problems. Congrats on being solidly in the lead. You can relax now. I'll never catch you. Slow down and "smell the roses." Take a nap. You get the idea. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-- Mike

MikeO,

I know what you mean. The waiting game really stinks. I wish their was a faster way to generate good traffic to new pages. Well it sounds like your making a lot more sales than me. I just got a good merchant who has good commission. The purchase was for about $75 and my commission on it was over $18. Thats not to bad.

My sales are still few and far between and it sounds like yours are more consistent.

I can't wait for the day that you and I are racing to see who can make $5000 in a month the fastest. :-) This is fun.

Well, I didn't sell any books at all yesterday, but at least Amazon shipped a few, so I get the commissions on those, finally. I'm up to 14 shipped out of 23 books sold.

They must have been cheapies, though -- my commissions only went up by a little under $3.

I'm now up to a grand total -- Amazon and CJ -- of $13.68.

That's still waaay behind your recent report of $31.59. I'm creeping up on you, but I suspect you're not standing still...

-- Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast