searching for timeshare affiliate programs
    I would like to join a time share affilliate program, any recommendations.

Eric Ewe manages the affiliate program for Wyndham Vacation Resorts and is very active in this forum. I haven't signed up with the program yet but I think any program he manages would be good.

http://forum.abestweb.com/member.php...poster&t=89413

http://www.fairfieldgetaway.com/affi...liate_join.asp

Look for one of Erics posts to get in touch with him. This is what he writes in his sig:
    Eric Ewe Linkshare Premium Merchant
    Program Manager for Wyndham Vacation Resorts
    Phone: 407-370-6105 or email: affiliates/at/wyndhamvo.com
    Free Linkshare Data feed in .xls or GoldenCAN enabled
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I do not want to buy or sell the timeshare programs.. But be an affiliate... To earn commision. I am mainly looking for affiliate programs where I can advertise the vacation trip. example 3 days for $99... I would like to become an affiliate to programs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karnetics
    I do not want to buy or sell the timeshare programs.. But be an affiliate... To earn commision.
    I believe that Eric offers timeshare affiliate programs but you would have to find out about the programs from him.

Search through Linkshare for programs, you might want to check out Commission Junction too.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Eric Ewe, definitely check his program out.

I do not want to buy or sell the timeshare programs.. But be an affiliate... To earn commision. I am mainly looking for affiliate programs where I can advertise the vacation trip. example 3 days for $99... I would like to become an affiliate to programs like this.
    I have a tip for you: people can get defensive when they read any type of written or hear any type of spoken phrase combination of "timesharing." Just sticking a link on your page that features a "3 day trip for $99" will not totally "cut it" if you don't include some other pre-sell features and information

Frankly, I think interactivity is very important when marketing timesharing.
    This is a product/service that does well via the telephone or in person.

If a webmaster has a one liner on a page or a "banner farm" -- that's not going to sell timesharing -- people are looking for the "trick" -- the webmaster must supply enough info so that visitors no longer feel defensive.

I sold timesharing in the past in person and the key to selling it is to make the customer feel comfortable.
    The promise of the free camera or the free meal coupon at the end of the tour is not enough to convince the customer to put a 20% down -- that's what I was there for: to provide information and to gently sway the couple and persuade them that what I was offering was right for them. If you can infuse this concept into your site you can market timesharing -- but it's not an easy sell

I would like to have a travel/timeshare site at a future time after I "complete" some other projects.
    Last edited by Rhia7; May 13th, 2007 at 01:32 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Rhia7 included http://www.fairfieldgetaway.com/affi...liate_join.asp in her post. That's exactly what you are asking for. I can't figure out why you would think she referred you to a site encouraging you to buy/sell a timeshare yourself.

How many times have you seen a drawing for a gorgeous new automobile at a shopping mall? Do you usually fill out one of those drawing cards?
    I don't -- why? Because I'm wise to the promotion (it's often tied to a timeshare deal or some other deal that has strings attached -- read the fine print prior to signing anything or giving out your name/address/phone #)

People can be defensive about timesharing just as if they might feel defensive while shopping for a used car.
    Timesharing online -- you can bet that people are looking for the fine print but that's okay.
    The most important thing a webmaster can do is to make the visitor feel relaxed.
    The way to sell either product (mentioned above) is to assure people that they are getting what they bargained for and that they will be pleased with your offer.

The webmaster's task is to create a site that people will trust and that people will want to visit. The site should offer information, some type of instant gratification and some type of enticing draw so that the visitor will want to learn more and the visitor will want to act on an offer. [Experiment in terms of percentage: how much of this and how much of that on your website] Btw, "instant gratification" on a website could be a picture or a coupon, some type of special information or use your creativity when deciding what should appear on a page.

If a webmaster is skilled in advance programming -- yahoo! Hooray for that webmaster! -- But advanced programming is not the most important part-- Keep It Simple and you'll make a Sale -- KISS
    I think clear and attractive navigation would be one of the most important website features for someone who wants to sell timesharing online.
    The visitor wants to feel comfortable in terms about finding out details and information in order to make a decision.

Also think KISS when deciding what to emphasize on a page.
    If your goal is to make pennies from Adsense -- go for it

If you want to make bigger commissions from Eric's program then skip the Adsense because it makes the page look cluttered and crappy unless you are skilled at blending the Adsense in.

The timeshare market is different from the hotel market although each market shares some common traits.
    Last edited by Rhia7; May 13th, 2007 at 02:31 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry for the late response.

We (Wyndham Vacation Resorts) is a vacation ownership company aka timeshare developers and yes, we have seen a lot of changes over the last 8-10 years. I spoke to Alan-ALH and he told me that back then, it was like the wild wild west but it's highly regulated right now. We have fonts in BOLD and UPPERCASE while other developers tend to forget about it.

I think Rhia7 hit it on the head, "I think interactivity is very important when marketing timesharing.", although we prefer to consider it a discounted mini vacation . We have some affiliates that are doing very well and earning 4 figures from us every month while a new affiliate (2nd month promoting us) will be breaking $1k barrier this month. Banner farms will never work, that is why I never approve any of them.

As to the vacation with a resort presentation, some people find that appealing while some would not. When I was doing my MBA, most of my money was going towards school and I went on resort tour and made my vacation more affordable - and it was not with Wyndham / Fairfield Resorts. Imagine paying $70 for one Disney ticket and if you are going with your wife or somebody else, plus the 3 nights hotel, you are already out by $300-$400 and that does not include food + transportation as opposed to something that is less than $200.

The Wyndham Vacation Resorts is a lead generation program (until we have a live booking engine) and we are focused at Discounted Mini Vacations or Getaways such as 3 days 2 nights to Vegas for $119, hotel and show tickets included. In exchange for the highly subsidized vacation, one agrees to a resort presentation and yes, you can say that we are a timeshare developer at the end of the day.

karnetics, please feel free to email me at eric.ewe [at] wyndhamvo.com
    Rhia7, love to have you onboard when you have the time. Let me know when you decided to join.

You might try looking at eBay for timeshare stuff also.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread