Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry CJ PAB Members - Check your Summit Reservations!!!
    I had my room booked at the Intercontinental for the Summit.
    I was booked check in Friday the 6th, Check out Thursday the 12th.

CJ offered to pay one night to stay Tuesday night to attend the meeting on Wednesday.

So I go to check my reservations online tonight.

My original reservation was cancelled by someone. All I had was a reservation made by someone at CJ for Tuesday Night.

Thankfully they still had a room for me, so I was able to rebook. It is costing me more though. Check your reservations to make sure your reservation isn't cancelled and you only have a room for one night.

I am sooo pissed!
    Last edited by flamingoworld; May 14th, 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my reservation. It has been changed (not by me and with no notice) from the 6th through the 11th to the 6th through the 10th. I'm assuming (for now) that there is a second reservation for just the 11th. I'm on the phone with the Intercontinental now, and will contact CJ in the morning if necessary.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I had a note put on my new reservation that no one is to change my reservation again unless they talk to me personally.

They weren't able to put the 5th night back on for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OMG, I would be pissed. Something is going to hit the fan.

Maybe upgrade to a better room if they have any available those nights, make CJ pay for it.

ABW Ambassador
    Something sounds fishy here. If your reservation was changed or cancelled, you should have been notified. If this happened to me, I would ask Shawn or Missy to get your original reservation reinstated at the originally booked rate. Their contact in the Sales Dept. should be able to handle that. July is the off season and The Summit is giving them a tremendous amount of business. Someone screwed up and the hotel needs to fix it.

Shawn and Missy should also send an email to everyone who has registered suggesting that they check their reservation.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I do not know what happened here, but we'll get on this ASAP.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

It is just something CJ did with the Advisory Board Members, not to everyone.

Internet Cowboy
    It sounds to me like someone at CJ changed their reservations and the rooms were sold out from under them. That'll end up costing CJ some money, but I am pretty sure they will make good on it if it is their fault.

ABW Ambassador
    To me, the hotel is at fault if they changed a reservation without the permission of the person who made the reservation. Since when does a hotel change a reservation without a confirmation number? I can't imagine that CJ told the hotel to make any change to an existing reservation.

Well the reservation I made months ago, was canceled. I ended up with a room for just the one night cj was paying for. After a long call to the hotel I got a reservation for the dates I needed thankfully.

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Hey all,

I'll contact my sales rep at the hotel today. No one has the right to change anyone's booking without the expressed permission of the guest.

Connie, Michael and anyone else that is affected by this, please send me your original booking information by either PM or email (in/out dates/confirmation #) and the additional night information that was arranged for CJ (confirmation#) and trust me, I'll get it taken care of.

This just has me infuriated!

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    They weren't able to put the 5th night back on for me.
    That's weird .. I just booked a mine a couple of minutes ago for the 7th-11th and went through fine.
    KK

I should clarify. I was talking to the toll free reservations line at the time and apparently my reservation has been locked (by CJ?) and can only be changed directly with the hotel.

Missy is checking with her contact at the Intercontinental for us, and I'm waiting for a response from CJ. I'm not changing anything until I find out more.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I am taken care of Missy. I just got an email from CJ:

Please accept my deepest apologies for what I realize is an inexcusable error on our part. I had been coordinating making the travel arrangements with a member of our marketing team, who actually made the reservations for the board members. In the process of doing so she obviously failed to convey to the hotel that any existing reservations should not have been changed.

We will pay for two nights at the hotel for you to make up for any additional costs you may have incurred as a result of our error.

Again, I apologize for this inconvenience we have caused you.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    I am taken care of Missy. I just got an email from CJ:

Please accept my deepest apologies for what I realize is an inexcusable error on our part. I had been coordinating making the travel arrangements with a member of our marketing team, who actually made the reservations for the board members. In the process of doing so she obviously failed to convey to the hotel that any existing reservations should not have been changed.

We will pay for two nights at the hotel for you to make up for any additional costs you may have incurred as a result of our error.

Again, I apologize for this inconvenience we have caused you.
    Cool Connie... I'm waiting on an answer from the hotel for Michael. I'm sure it will all work out.

I'm just disappointed that someone in the Intercontinental reservations department would have messed around with a guest's confirmed dates. I'm also trying to get a confirmation that they will not do that to anyone else's record moving forward.

-Missy

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Internet Cowboy
    If there is any place on Earth I would not like to be, it is on Connie's and Missy's sh*t list! I can imagine there have been some "spirited" phone calls about this.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    If there is any place on Earth I would not like to be, it is on Connie's and Missy's sh*t list! I can imagine there have been some "spirited" phone calls about this.

Temper??? What temper? ;-)

You know me Scoot... all rainbows and lollipops everyday

-Missy

Missy Ward
    Co-Founder
    Affiliate Summit, Inc.

Well so much for flagging my reservation with do not change unless you talk to me. I had upgraded to a King bed on the club floor instead of going with the summit rate.
    So today I look, and my reservation was again switched thanks to CJ.

So I contact CJ and get this:

"I suspect that they switched your reservation to the other room type this morning when we spoke to the hotel and requested that you receive the same rate of $119 that you had originally had received. That rate had applied to the King Bed Superior room, which you now have."

That was not my original rate, I had a higher rate as I had an upgraded room. So now thanks to CJ I am downgraded.

This is my email to Kevin at CJ:

$119 WAS NOT THE RATE I ORIGINALLY HAD!!!!!!!!!

I had chosen not to get the group rate, I had a room on the club floor.

I had:
    Arrival date: Friday, July 6, 2007, 6 nights
    1 room, 1 KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL

NOT
    1 KING BED SUPERIOR - MAX PER ROOM

I had said to do nothing, leave it alone, I had it fixed, but no now you had to go and mess it up again.
    What part of donít touch my freaking reservations donít you understand.

Now I have to get on the phone again and fix it.

SO HELP ME GOD IF YOU TOUCH MY RESERVATION AGAIN HEADS WILL ROLL.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm not on the advisory board - CJ offered me a sleeping bag in the hallway!!

Ok, for the last time I have my club room back. There are all kinds of warnings on my reservation, if anyone changes it one more time except to give me a penthouse room people better run and hide.
    I do not care to do this again.

Internet Cowboy
    I'm on hold right now. I have my "Connie voice" all set and am going to change it

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I'm on hold right now. I have my "Connie voice" all set and am going to change it
    Scooter, I hope you don't mind. I just called and had you moved into the owner's suite. A mere 3K a night but i figured you would appreciate the change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast