Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    This is something that has been bugging me for a while online, maybe it's just me I don't know.
    I realize that there are a lot of lazy people who want everything done for them, and others who will work their butts off to make sites.
    Some of us may be driven to make $10,000 a month, others only $1000 to cover a few extras.
    We are all different in this regard, and we all have different motivations.

Where did this come from?
    Too many people tend to forget that there is a person behind the computer that is typing a message, not just an object.
    Whatever happened to common courtesy, and old fashioned manners these days?
    I recently made the misake of signing up under someone in 2 tier program, in a highly competitive area that I do not know much about, however willing to learn, and last time I checked not all of us can make a perfect SEO optimized site in a day.
    If I don't know how then I will learn, but it may take me a few days to figure things out, maybe by studying other highly ranked sites in that area and analyzing there pages and then off to make my own. I have never taken the easy way out and never will, so copying anything is out for me.
    However, reading and studying will get you everywhere,some of us do have a few ethics left.
    Just because those ethics I believe in will only make me make a few grand a month instead of 5 figures so be it.
    I also have a life and family to look after, and things may not always proceed as fast as I may like them too.

Have you ever wondered how hard it is to trade links with good quality sites these days?
    Too many ripoff artists out there!
    It really is hard to get to know people behind the computer screen however there are a lot of good people out there, and to those of you who know who you are, thanks a lot.
    It's people like you that make me realize that not everyone that is into affiliate marketing is a piranha.
    I am just tired of people who forgot that you get what you dish out, it will come back to you.
    Many of you have no idea of who others are online, what other work they may have done, or what they are doing.
    Not everyone knows everything, some people ask questions to things they do not know to learn, by putting them down, you will get nowhere.
    How do you know this person will not make the next huge pr8 site and be willing to exchange links with all your sites?

Some of us may be lazy, our money motivation factor may be different, and some of us like me are obessesed with research before launching a site to make sure it is a viable idea.
    Just remember even in the online world, those who are already at the top and are still willing to help others,will remain at the top a lot longers than those who choose to do nothing but boast and belittle those who are getting started.

There are a lot of you at ABW and other boards who do believe in courtesy and treating people decently no matter what level of expertise we may be at, and for that I salute you.
    You are the people that I look up to, and who inspire me to challenge myself to make more and better sites.
    For that I say thank you, and to those who have forgotten basic manners, what comes around goes around, and you NEVER KNOW who you just kicked in the teeth.
    My conscience is clear! Is Yours?

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

Well, there are good points here.
    Common courtesy costs nothing and still it seems to shrink rather than grow.

Don't take it personally (unless, of course they attack your character).

I like to believe that each person has good parts and we can always associate with those that we like - the rest, well, they find their own...

Nobody is perfect, but trying to be better makes all the difference.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Sluff off all the sh*t that gets spewed and ignore that. Focus on the ones who are helpful, insightful, and who don't always treat you like an ass. The odd beef will arise no doubt. Having been here since the early beginnings there have been some recent events that have made me so glad I dind't leave during the recent flame wars. Stick around and you may see that there are some thoughtful, compassionate people on line at ABW.
    In my off line business I have only my integrity that a customer depends on. I try to mold the online one the same. It will pay off over the long haul, or at least with a clear conscience.
    Don't get me completely wrong though, I can still be a miserable old SOB

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Polk County, Florida
    In my real world job I earn my money from a commission when I make a sale. I spend a lot of time helping people solve problems which do not result in a sale/commission. But the thing about it is that it makes me feel good inside that I made something a little easier for somebody else. I like that feeling. Bottomline I do nice things for people because it makes me feel good. So I think it is a very selfish act to be nice.

But what goes around, does come around. Just last week a woman walked in and said, "I came here because I was told you were the nicest rep in town." I get a lot of referral business.

I agree totally with Walleye Warrior! I treat my online business the way I treat my real world customers. And in the long haul, it really does pay off! Don't get me wrong either. I can be a real ***** sometimes. Just ask my husband.

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I just went and posted site reviews for 10 people in the site review section.

You happy?

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I'm happy that my site was not in there for review. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    This post was not necessarily directed at anyone in particular just a general comment on a lot of people online today.
    I never take things personally, but I can bet you my bottom dollar the last person who just blew me off will be regretting in within about 3 months.
    LOl, no skin off my back.
    That said there are a few great people in this business and those are the ones who I will be looking to for inspirations, criticism and help.
    Now off to make more money. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building.

Good Luck

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    If it's fun ..JustdoIt..if not then it becomes work.

"inspirations, criticism and help" ..I address mostly the last two as it pertains to merchant AM's. Train one of them and thousands benefit. I leave inspiration alone, since we basically are all competitors, but will drop some hints from time to time.

WebMaster Mike

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread