Exclamation Cannot Edit Old [Historical] Post
    Hi, I recently made the mistake of typing out my domain name in a site review post. This post now ranks extremely high in google for a search of my domain name, which isn't good. I would like to edit the post to "dot com" so that this no longer happens. But I don't seem to be able to edit or delete posts at all? Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; May 15th, 2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Edited title for relevancy

ABW Ambassador
    Done

Updated the ABW rules pursuant to this request and countless ones I've gotten in email. Below is the clause added:

Historical Post Editing:
    It is not our [moderator's] job to edit out inconveniences of the original poster, if we [ABW] rank well for your keyword or domain it is because the SE thinks it is relevant. Henceforth, such requests are subsequent to a payment schedule of $25 per edited post payable via paypal to the moderator who does the edit.

[The NEW rule is not applicable to the request above.]
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi guys,

I just sent a mail to forum admin for a site review edit... but it wasn't anything to do with SEO factors. I wanted to change the points I listed to note in the review to be less specific - does this sort of change also fall under the editing rule?

Thanks,
    Rox

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rox Bradnick
    Hi guys,

I just sent a mail to forum admin for a site review edit... but it wasn't anything to do with SEO factors. I wanted to change the points I listed to note in the review to be less specific - does this sort of change also fall under the editing rule?

Thanks,
    Rox
    If you delete those points in your review thread that I just spent over an hour responding to, your name will be below "mud!"

Anyway, I quoted the 8 points in my response. So, no point in changing that part of your post.

Hi Leader,

I've added the points I wanted to change to the review thread instead of in the original review request post as an edit - so your indepth review remains intact in all it's honest, insightful glory.

I didn't mean to create mayhem and confusion - I was just trying to avoid being too specific instead of asking for overall impressions. Your general feedback before you went through the points made me realize that I was erring on the side of caution.

The lesson I learnt today? Prevention is better than cure, especially when it comes to post edits!

Thanks,
    Rox

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread