ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone else sell forums or private forums on their message boards? If so, what do I need to know before getting into it?
    What do you charge?
    Do you charge yearly/monthly?
    What does the buyer get in return?
    What's the turn over rate like?
    If I have a perspective customer, should I contact them prior to deciding and ask them what they're willing to pay?

If you don't want to answer publicly, PM's are welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Supras | Celicas

What's it worth to your customers?

ABW Ambassador
    I was hesistant about posting specifics, but if it will help people respond, then okay [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I recently snagged a member off of another message board to come over to mine and offer sponsorships for peoples' Celicas. So, this occurance and a little knowledge of what Haiko does got me thinking...couldn't I get other car sponsors to pay for their own forum on my site?
    There had been a lot of talk recently about how to get sponsorships, so I think this would be a positive thing for all parties involved [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    what do you think? I already have members w/ sponsorships & close ties to those companies & may be able to get them to come aboard...

Supras | Celicas

Gaining sponsorships sounds great, but it is not a simple task.

You need to show the value of your offerings or services, and then compete against the dozens of others competing for sponsorship.

It is a stressful game, but it can pay great dividends.

I personally don't have sponsors support BBs or the like, but thought I throw my opinion out there.

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

ABW Ambassador
    Keep in mind that they will be sponsoring cars, not my site... There are a ton of people that want sponsorship & I know tons of people that have done it themselves, so I also know how hard it can be. Out of all of the car forums I'm on, I've never seen anything like this, so I don't have anything to compare it to ('cept ABW).

Basically, people want free stuff for their cars. Companies want to get their names out there on cars that will get noticed &/or win events. I want to help them both out & the fee for the forum could be considered a finders fee of sorts. Now, how to figure out how much that fee would be, I have no idea...

Supras | Celicas

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread