I have had it with this merchant!
    I just logged in to see my stats and another load of reversed transactions from a particular merchant. The program has also got CJ affiliates and has some sort of legacy thing going with affiliates through a Yahoo Store. I have now lost 15% of last months income from this merchant.
    I work very hard promoting my website and this vendor and I include PPC in my strategy. Losing 15% means my PPC is not viable. Keeping 15% means I have a return on my investment and hopefully a sign up to my mailing list or repeat customer.
    Does anyone know of a good pet related vendor that provides a datafeed of at least 2000 products including Rx in CSV format, all categorized better than just dog/cat or pet, paying around 8% commission? In return you get individual product pages on a well advertised site having approx 1500 visits per day currently and climbing.

Looking forwards to some help

regards

Jean

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Would 40,000+ be too many?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Hey, Bob,

I saw this thread and your post. There may be something I'm missing? I would really like a good pet datafeed, too. I joined your program at SAS, but everything I see there shows me only 2 products in the datafeed?

Is there a different datafeed that I'm unaware of? I have a decent domain I would love to use a good pet datafeed for.

Gary the Writerguy (obviously confused again )

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    Would 40,000+ be too many?
    Only if I have to categorize them all myself. I joined your program earlier this evening. I have a VPS so website size and traffic are not an issue.
    How do I get this feed?

regards

Jean

Gary, I understand your confusion, the two products are in there for testing purposes only.

We now have several clean tests that track perfectly thru SAS.

We are just putting the finishing tweaks into our SQL DB to interface with the required SAS format it will be ready shortly.

There will be 43,000 items, about 28,000 pic's, 16,000 super product descriptions displayed automatically in our cart or we can provide them in separate .htm format.

There will be a re-launch announcement made along with a bunch of other bells & whistles!
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan
    Only if I have to categorize them all myself. I joined your program earlier this evening. I have a VPS so website size and traffic are not an issue.
    How do I get this feed?

regards

Jean
    Jean, you will not need to do that we have about 2700 categories, those categories are broken down upto if needed 3 subcategories.

The feed as posted above is almost ready in the SAS format.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    Gary, I understand your confusion, the two products are in there for testing purposes only.

We now have several clean tests that track perfectly thru SAS.

We are just putting the finishing tweaks into our SQL DB to interface with the required SAS format it will be ready shortly.

There will be 43,000 items, about 28,000 pic's, 16,000 super product descriptions displayed automatically in our cart or we can provide them in separate .htm format.

There will be a re-launch announcement made along with a bunch of other bells & whistles!
    This is GREAT news, Bob. I'm eager to see it and would like to put in advanced request for FTP access. (I just spent most of last weekend tweaking some PHP scripts to work with SAS datafeeds.)

Hooray!

Gary the Writerguy

Thank you Bob,

I look forward to being able to download this feed and starting to promote.

Looking good, you seem to be more than capable of fulfilling my requirements and a very responsive manager unlike some I could name.

regards

Jean

Bob, I don't know of any pet supplier that comes close to this many products this really great.

I joined your program about 5 or 6 weeks ago with just placing a few links and am getting conversions, now with a feed it should even do better.

I've had it with Petmeds and PetcareRX they are just flea & tic sites, in fact their not even doing those at super deals. As far as their supplies or products If I recall one has 600 and the other 2,000.

If this works out I'm giving them the boot to get your exclusive pet deal.

Glad to have you folks aboard, any way we can help you out lets us know.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Hi Bob,

Holiday weekend and all, and today being the actual holiday, this is probably a bad time to ask -- but has there been anymore action on that SAS Pet's Warehouse datafeed?

I've got a domain that would be great for it, and I noticed you thought good progress was being made when you last posted to this feed a couple of weeks ago.

Any timeframe, due date, whatever, yet for the datafeed?

Gary the Writerguy

Hi Gary I left for the weekend on Thursday, as of Friday all the 43,600 products were supposed to be double checked as being in their correct respective categories, also our team needed to verifiy that each of the 2500+ categories had links from website, the last part may need another day or two and that should do it.

So we expect to release it the later part of this week. will follow!
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Sounds like great news, Bob!

Looking forward eagerly to your announcement (and FTP access, perhaps? or do I need to request that via SAS "channels"?)

Gary the Writerguy

Gary please do the request thru SAS, each request must be approved.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Sounds good. I'm heading over "there" now to sign up.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

web dev with whiskers tn-morgen's Avatar
    Jean, I don't know who you had trouble with, but I've had a few issues with a couple of suppliers out there, too. I find Pets Warehouse and Entirely Pets to be the best for general supplies. EP is my best converter. I also have a single-source item that I have to go elsewhere for, and I would LOVE to drop that supplier, but have little choice right now because the items are no where else and the manufacturer has no website (in this day and age?!?). Anyway, sorry you had trouble.

There are some fishy suppliers out there, and it seems the web is a good pond for them.

ABW Ambassador
    I distinctly recall a thread about this same issue about a pet merchant with dual CJ/SAS programs (can't find the older thread), also telling about a ton of reversals and involved with Yahoo affiliate code.

As I recall, when snooping around about the site, it appeared that they were operating another site(s), as their own affiliate and over-writing sales with their own affiliate code (made to NOT appear like it was them), and then doing reversals on other affiliates.

It wasn't hard to find and figure out, having the merchant's name/url back then, it was easily traceable to sites that were "connected." Of course, if a "merchant" is innocent there's nothing for them to worry about, after scrutiny they'll come out clean. But without knowing, there's no way to be able to dig around and see what's happening. So if there's anything underhanded, they can continue to operate under a veil of silence.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's the same outfit, still getting away with pulling the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tn-morgen
    Jean, I don't know who you had trouble with, but I've had a few issues with a couple of suppliers out there, too. I find Pets Warehouse and Entirely Pets to be the best for general supplies.
    I know and use Pets Warehouse can't wait for the data base to be ready.

But you got me courious about Entirely pets, but who are these people?

I found this Compare http://www.entirelypets.com/shipping.html

Wherein “Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, JCB, or Check/Money Order. Checks/Money Orders should be made payable to HeatlhyPets and mailed prior to shipment (our mailing address is on the Info page).

I looked both of them, they are the same company what's up with this?

Whois
    ST-NS1.YAHOO.COM 209.191.66.175
    NS5.STORE.YAHOO.COM

http://www.healthypets.com/shipping.html

NS5.STORE.YAHOO.COM

Same IP = same company

Not sure, but a lot (all?) of the Yahoo stores could be hosted on their servers:

Domain Name: SOCKCOMPANY.COM

Record created on 01-Feb-1997.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS5.STORE.YAHOO.COM

just wanna see if i can post

ABW Ambassador
    Yep you can post Dean, and welcome to ABW.

Here's one I found for starters on this merchant - sorry I missed the name in a previous post

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59934

IMHO they were futzkying with cookies and last sale in.

Dump the multi-named doofuses

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58775

More to find yet.

Healthy pets, yes, that's what the box says when it arrives. However, they are my best producing. Any links from CJ don't track for them, though - has to be SaS. i learned that by doing my own test sale for items I use myself. I still have them as a merchant at CJ, but I don't use those links. I use CJ as a sorter to find the items in my downloaded file from SAS because the names can be different.

So, yes, check. I found a couple of other programs on both CJ and SaS, and the commission works out the same, but often the customer pays more thru CJ than SaS. Go figure!

My biggest problem right now is that I don't have a carpet shampooer - the program I'd been using either dropped the item or changed the URL of the landing page once too often. I gave up & removed their products. They are through LS, though. LS gives me a lot of grief anyway.

This thread has got very interesting while I have been away. For the record yes entirelypets are the merchant who are reversing transactions.

Strange thing is they are always the BIG sales over $100 never the small sales for $5 and $10 which bring me little.

It looks like they have multiple websites, multiple affiliate programs and a habit of screwing the affiliate over. I do quite well with them and actually do pull in a few $100 dollars each month but I will be glad to see the back of them as I don't feel comfortable anymore and wish I had seen that before I invested heavily in creating a site around their datafeed.

regards

Jean

Jean, thanks for the heads up. So far, i'm no where near your income/sales level. i have little trouble so far. But, if things pick up, I'll be going directly to mfgr, anyway.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread