IBS Phone Tracking Needed
    I just had someone visit my site and call me for shipping info on 250 Spanish Bibles. I referred him to IBS toll free and ask him to mention that he found IBS through an affiliate in case they have phone tracking in place.

It appears they don't as I called the sales lady to follow up and she had not heard of such. I sure thought we had phone tracking set up on this one, but I'm confused half the time anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Ya, I asked about it here for OWF, and Emilio is checking into it.

I'm sure Emilio missed this one while they where gone.

ABW Ambassador
    Well Emilio replied on May 15th saying he contacted the owner at OWF, and then Jack bumped the thread on May 24th. Emilio posted here at the forums just today:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...806#post704806

So I guess either he hasn't heard back from the merchants or it's a no-go on phone tracking and there won't be any.

I got a call from a lady today trying to check on her order. I explained nicely what my site was and she said that she had phoned the order in to IBS. Another one bites the dust.

From the calls I get it seems that phone tracking would be a real plus for the networks and affiliates. Oh then it would be a minus for merchants I guess.

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I got a call from a lady today trying to check on her order. I explained nicely what my site was and she said that she had phoned the order in to IBS. Another one bites the dust.

From the calls I get it seems that phone tracking would be a real plus for the networks and affiliates. Oh then it would be a minus for merchants I guess.

Hey bumpaw,

sorry I've taken so long to answer, Iv'e been out all day.

As far as IBS goes, would you please give me the customers information so we can track.

In addition, it just so happens that we are currently in talks with a software company and we are having a demo meeting next week. I've talked to IBS about this in the past and they say that less than 1% ever gets called in vs. their site, however we are talking to this company next week.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

As far as IBS goes, would you please give me the customers information so we can track.
    I didn't get any.
    say that less than 1% ever gets called in vs. their site, however we are talking to this company next week.
    I have gotten a few calls which might add up to 6 a year. They are confused and think my site is the merchant site. If each affiliate got that many it might be 1% so who knows.

Hope that software looks good, but this is probably a minor problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Add email tracking to the list
    I have recently added a "contact us" form on my IBS affiliate site and suddenly I have been getting emails (a few a week) about shipping fees and free samples. On a few occassions, when I made enquiries myself (identifying myself as an affiliate) I received no response. I tried to go through Emilio and he had no luck either.

One time I responded to the customer that they should contact IBS directly (and copied IBS customer service) and asked them to tell IBS that affiliate #X refered them. A day later I received an email from IBS thanking me for the referral (no mention of a commission).

Tracking like this is not putting a man on the moon. I would love to put the IBS 1-800 digits onto my site (with my Aff ID) but if they can't handle a simple email request... I agree that it is a small problem but we as affiliates already have enough stacked up against us.

ABW Ambassador
    >>As far as IBS goes, would you please give me the customers information so we can track.

Emilio, affiliates don't get the customer information, there's no way to get it through usual channels like the merchant does when a sale comes in. It's very rare that a customer would directly contact the owner of the affiliate site in any way and that's the only way it would be available from the affiliate end. So the bottom line is that if a customer ever calls, the affiliate gets no commission if there's no phone tracking.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    We hear you, IBS is going through a major revamp, major growth is coming soon, after the holidays of course.

Some of you remember the merger announcement with STL, it's posted here.

The transition is taking place behind the scenes as we speak. Dennis and his team flew into Miami recently to meet with us and we spend most of the day brainstorming on how to integrate the new sku's (50K+) into the new website, minimizing affiliate program impact. The phone tracking issue is on the table as is the data feed and other areas that need to be improved. We are listening, be assured ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread