Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smile eBay Payout increase beginning 6/1
    http://affiliates.ebay.com/odcs/cust...emplate=Payout

Looks like a doubling of payout for ACRU and a shift up in tier for rev share.

Major change for PPC affiliates.

Tuan

ABW Ambassador
    Was just about to post that, also from the email about PPC. No direct linking to ebay, have to bring them to your site first:

2. Terms and Conditions Update for Paid Search Campaigns

eBay’s US Affiliate Compensation Section 1.0 will be updated on June 1st as follows:

a. Search Engines. You will not be compensated for paid search traffic purchased from Google.com, Yahoo.com, MSN.com, nor from any of their content networks, such as Google AdSense, Yahoo! Publisher Network, and MSN ContentAds, if it is linked directly to the eBay.com, eBay Express, or eBay Store domains (not “Commission Earning Activity”). The change in policy is limited to the eBay.com US program, and to the three search engines stated above. Linking to a non eBay domain is allowed.

Ouch. That has got to hurt. They have been promoting the dickens out of doing direct to eBay PPC for a long time. And, now they just decide to drop it? They even have API's for Excel that would let you direct upload to Adwords.

Ebay is riduculous.

There is nothing ridiculous about the raise in commission percentage. That's a lot of money for me and most affiliates I imagine. The change in the ACRU amount is sizable as well. Doubling the payout at the lowest tier?

From what I've heard, PPC to eBay was growing less and less over the past several years. I'm curious to see how many people it effects.

-Bill

I wonder if you'd be able to just setup a redirect page somewhere, so it goes to your page, and then auto-goes back to ebay, so the user basically sees the same thing, but it's not direct... They don't seem to say anything about requiring a landing page to be on some other domain.

I think CJ doesn't allow that? So that would mean they are covered? I know I read that somewhere...

-Bill

ABW Ambassador
    I'm happy with those nice increases. I've always bring them to my site first so I'm in good shape but I know there is a lot of direct to ebay PPC so this is going to be drastic for some.

side note - Tuan, I edited the title of the thread from 6/7 - 6/1.

Not a huge jump on rev share for me, but any increase is a welcome one...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by comicartfans
    I think CJ doesn't allow that? So that would mean they are covered? I know I read that somewhere...

-Bill
    ah, makes sense. I'm not into the whole ppc thing, so I just thought I'd try to help. No other brilliant ideas from me on that, I guess there'll probably just be a bunch of landing pages encouraging people to click the link to see the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    side note - Tuan, I edited the title of the thread from 6/7 - 6/1.
    Thanks Trust :-)

Tuan

CJ does allow for a redirect for an intermediate or tracking page as long as the person that clicks on the ad ends up going to the website (in this case eBay) that is listed on the display URL of the search engine ad.

Patrick

Right. But it doesn't allow you to state that the user is going to your site and you redirect them to ebay via a rover redirect. Doing the redirect in an honest way - to do your own click tracking, etc - is fine as long as you put the user where you said you were going to send them. I thought I had read that on CJ and not on ebay. Thanks.

-Bill

Bill,

That is right. CJ confirmed to me when I called them that you can do intermediate redirects as long as the the destination website matches the display URL.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I'm happy with those nice increases. I've always bring them to my site first so I'm in good shape ...
    Yes, me too. This may make the summer a little more interesting. I look forward to experimenting starting June 1st.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

WOW, Great! I can use the monthly extra money to pay for a new car.

This is great news! Time to get busy...

Smile
    No more extra work for me. Just enjoy the extra money...

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    This is great news! Time to get busy...

Another piece of interesting eBay affiliate news yesterday.
    http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200705151059582.html

Looks like the link to your own listings policy change may have been a prelude to a new affiliate/demand generation strategy.

Tuan

what exactly did ebay change?

ABW Ambassador
    Everything discussed in this thread

Summary: Increased commissions and disallowing direct PPC.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I haven't been promoting ACRUs as much as $12 was pathetic. $25 almost makes it worth it so I will increase in that area. Otherwise the revshare sales have been great so I should see increases without doing too much more.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, I'm seeing those nice $25 ACRUs coming in. I'm

I've only gotten one so far :-( , which was at 3 AM. I am excited though, lots of possibilities...

I have a bad tendency to forget my PPC golden rules when something like this comes along and try to be too aggressive with my PPC. I've probably made the same mistake this time and will be losing money for a couple of days till I straighten it all out. I find myself going for high volume shopping terms that mean a user is "browsing" and not "buying".
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I was getting ready last weekend and will do more this weekend. I'm trying to scour every inch of ebay looking for things that can only be bought online at ebay. So I'm going high volume in the amount of possibilities, lots of new ads and keeping my bids to max 10 cents. Then I'm just going to let it go for the month, watch it and at the end of the month see what's working. Then keep what's working, dump what's not and look for more. I remember when I first started with them it was $4 a pop, of course nowadays lots of people already have ebay but there are still some that don't plus we get part of the fee. And with $25, I'm trying to get all I can while it at that level.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast