Affiliate Manager
    Angry Referral fees for recruiting new publishers?
    I just spoke with CJ to ask them about recruiting new publishers for CJ. I was told they no longer have an affiliate program for that. However, when I go to affiliate info sites which offer affiliate company reviews, there is always a link for signing up. These links always have an affiliate ID as a part of the link.

If they no longer pay for recruiting new publishers, why do these CJ links still work? Could they have a special recruiting program for super affiliates that the rest of us are not told about?

Very disappointed here since I was about to offer classes for folks in my area to instruct them about affiliate marketing. Without recruitment fees it's not worth my time to teach others..... sigh.

Wow, that is news to me. I don't recall every getting word they would not honor this.

Added: I just checked my account and the Recruiter Program is still listed as active and there is even a 30 EPC amount listed (but nothing for the 7 day).

But I don't think I have any active links for them or ever refered anyone to them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

So send them to networks that DO pay. Make Sense?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    It's called the CJ Recruiter Program and there is contact info. on their Advertiser Detail page. Sure looks like it's still going on to me.

Affiliate Manager
    Still cannot find Recruiter Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    It's called the CJ Recruiter Program and there is contact info. on their Advertiser Detail page. Sure looks like it's still going on to me.
    I have searched for the CJ Recruiter Program several times and cannot find it. Where would I find the Advertiser Detail Page? Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    After you have logged in, click on Get Links. Enter CJ Recruiter Program in the box. Then click on Commission Junction Recruiter Program.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    After you have logged in, click on Get Links. Enter CJ Recruiter Program in the box. Then click on Commission Junction Recruiter Program.
    Did the above exactly as recommended. This is the message given after the search, "Sorry, No Results Found". Even searched links and products. Tried all variations such as "CJ Recruiter", "Recruiter Program". Still nothing.

Looks like only certain publishers can recruit for them! Just dunno....

ABW Ambassador
    That's odd. Here's a copy paste of the relevant screen:

Email: cjrecruiter@cj.com
    URL: http://www.cj.com
    Currency: USD United States Dollar

Joined Network: 14-Mar-2001

Category: Marketing (show similar advertisers)

Description:
    Join the Commission Junction Recruiter Program today and start earning generous commissions on qualified referrals. Commission Junction is the industry leading affiliate marketing provider, serving our clients with the most customized solutions, the largest global network, and the most comprehensive teams in client development and network quality.

You will earn commissions on each advertises or publisher referral that joins our network and the more you refer, the greater your commissions. Listed below is our payout schedule for publisher referrals:
    - $2 for 1-9 publisher leads
    - $2.50 for 10-19 publisher leads
    - $3.00 for 20-29 publisher leads
    - $4.00 for 30+ publisher leads

When you refer an advertiser who successfully joins our network, you will receive up to 28% of the network access fee they pay to join, according to the following rates:
    - 20% for 1-3 joined advertisers
    - 22% for 4-6 joined advertisers
    - 24% for 7-9 joined advertisers
    - 28% for 10+ joined advertisers

Commission Junction, a division of ValueClick, Inc. (NASDAQ: VCLK), is a global leader in online performance-based marketing, delivering advanced solutions in affiliate marketing and managed search.

Refer advertisers and publishers to our network and earn commissions when they sign up. Here is what we offer:
    $2 for each publisher you refer
    20% of the network access fee for each advertiser you refer

Get started with the Commission Junction Recruiter Program today! If you have any questions about our program, please contact us at cjrecruiter@cj.com.

Contact Advertiser

Relationship History

Batch Process Transactions: Yes

Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    13-May-2007
    1-May-2007
    15-Apr-2007
    Get Links
    By Type By Promotion
    Product
    All(Except Products)
    Banner
    Advanced Link
    Text Link
    Content Link
    SmartLink
    Advertiser SmartZone
    Keyword Link
    All
    Coupons
    Sweepstakes
    Hot Product
    Sale/Discount
    Free Shipping
    Seasonal Link

Mail Settings
    Receive Email

Note: This selection pertains only to this advertiser and to messages sent using Commission Junction Member Messaging technology. View your global mail settings.

Network Performance
    Network Earnings (view trend)
    3 month EPC $3.73 USD (view trend)
    7 day EPC $0.00 USD (view trend)

↑ Top

Program Term: April 7 Status Active Start Date 12-Apr-2006

1. Action: Lead
    ActionCriteria Not Specified
    Action Referral Period 45 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission $2.00 USD

Locking Period - Standard Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended.
    Performance Incentive For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 10 increase commission by 25.00%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 20 increase commission by 50.00%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 30 increase commission by 100.00%.

2. Action: Sale
    ActionCriteria Not Specified
    Action Referral Period 45 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission 20.00%

Locking Period - Standard Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended.
    Performance Incentive For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 4 increase commission by 10.00%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 7 increase commission by 20.00%.
    For Number of Actions equal to or greater than 10 increase commission by 40.00%

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    IIRC, they said something about closing the program to new signups a year or two ago.

I don't know what they'll actually do if someone signs up through that screen, though! I would think it'd be prudent to let 'em, but CJ isn't always logical...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread