Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Ameriquest AM contact info?
    Does anyone have the contact information for an actual person at Ameriquest who is either an AM or has some connection to their CJ affiliate program? Looking at the Advertiser Detail page for them, it says this (with my own edit -- spaces and brackets added to the email address so it won't be scraped by spammers):

email: usecjmail [at] ameriquest.com

I assume the "usecjmail" in the email address means that there is no actual published email address for an AM; rather that we are supposed to only use the internal CJ email to try to contact them.

I've tried to contact Ameriquest several times this way (including during the last week and also months ago), and they never reply. I also spent well over an hour last Friday calling various toll free numbers from their web sites, and no one knew anything about CJ or the affiliate program, or even what an affiliate program or AM is.

It looks like at least my March leads, which were stuck in "locked" status due to non-payment by Ameriquest, were released and will hopefully be paid this cycle because as my CJ balance dropped yesterday the locked category went back down to $0. Did other Ameriquest affs also have these March leads released (how about you, nakedgamer)?

April leads are still extended, and there's now only four states Ameriquest currently takes mortgage applications from (even though their Advertiser Detail page STILL hasn't been changed in months so makes it appear that apps are taken in all states except 3). So I'm not planning to restart my PPC for them any time soon. There's been no email or any other contact from them since April 18 when they sent out a CJ internal mailing to affiliates saying that all transactions would be paid after an unspecified delay.

If anyone has been in touch with an affiliate program contact at Ameriquest, can you either post that contact info here or if you don't want to make it public, please PM me with a real person's name and phone number (preferable) or a specific person's email address. Thanks.
    Last edited by spacedog; May 16th, 2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: removed URL for website -- no free advertising for you, ameriquest

I looked and see that "some" of the leads have been released for March. Now what I mean by this is that the numbers look suspiciously lower than they should be. I will have to delve further into the reports to see if Ameriquest took out the might reversal pen and did some trimming to help their bottom line (consider we rarely ever have gotten a reversal from them).

At this point though it does look like they paid for "some" of March, and April numbers are extended. CJ reports are difficult to get to work just the way you would like them to work at least for my limited comprehension.

Ameriquest is definitely off the list right now for promotion. They are far too questionable to spend money on promoting or wasting good solid traffic for when it can go to someone else that is solid.

Though I guess that won't be LMB either. Slim pickins in this arena nowadays. They are dropping like flies.

ABW Ambassador
    Code of Conduct
    In addition to payment issues with Ameriquest, they are in violation of CJ's Code of Conduct so I think it would be worthwhile for all Ameriquest affiliates to report this violation to CJ.
    Advertisers must fully disclose any conditions or restrictions that would negate publisher commissions
    https://www.cj.com/code_of_conduct.html

Ameriquest still lists dozens of states in their dropdown menu that they are no longer accepting applications for and as a result not compensating affiliates for.

What 4 states are left? I don't see a list anywhere.

ABW Ambassador
    From http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=89368

California, New York, Florida and Rhode Island

By the way, I was going to comment earlier to spacedog that it would be best if you keep all of your posts about Ameriquest on one topic. It makes it much easier for others to find what they are looking for.

New information on the non-serviced US states
    Snowman,

Under other circumstances I'd agree with you. The reason I created this new thread is that the older one was getting long and unwieldy and headed off on tangents about other players in the subprime mortgage industry, with a title that did not reflect the appeal I'm now making -- for someone with some info to hopefully come forward and let us know whom to contact at Ameriquest. Someone new to ABW (or a longtime lurker) who has actually talked to the appropriate people at this merchant may not bother to read the entire thread and make it to a post near the bottom in which I ask for contact info. I'll get a wider audience to read it with this thread title and the appeal in the first post.

Anyway, nakedgamer, it's not clear about the only 4 states left allowed to apply, unless you call the toll free number for applying. The remaining Ameriquest-serviced states are California, New York, Florida, and Rhode Island. And it gets more fun...

I just took a look at how online loan requests are handled at Ameriquest's website and noticed something interesting. There is no message about the 4 states now handled by Ameriquest itself, but there is a listing at the bottom of the page under where it says:

"Ameriquest proudly serves the following states and provinces:"

47 states are linked to here, and if you click on any of the others except the four I mentioned above, then change the "Loan Purpose" dropdown in the "GET A LOAN" box near the top to "Refinance" (or any other category), then wait a couple seconds for it to refresh, you'll see that it says:

"Your loan request is being handled by [xxxx]."

...where xxxx is some outside loan search or lead aggregator site. I haven't tried all the states, but there's at least two of these outside partners handling the loans from the other states. One of them is SearchLoansUSA dot com, which has its own affiliate program!

I have no idea what Ameriquest intends to do with CJ affiliate leads that send people to third party sites that have their own loan request forms and aff programs. I can only assume that since these referred CJ click visitors don't fill out an actual Ameriquest loan request form, and instead fill out the one at another site, that we will NOT get credited for them. I seriously doubt that they've worked with their other partners to credit everything back to the CJ affiliate. I suppose I could be wrong, but how the hell will we ever know if Ameriquest doesn't tell us anything.

This just gets worse and worse. Yes, I've stopped promoting them, but I would just like to receive the money that Ameriquest already owes me. I agree with Snowman; it seems to be a gross violation of CJ's Code of Conduct if the affiliate clicks we send to Ameriquest end up automatically transferred to another company simply because the visitor is in a state other than the 4 that Ameriquest services, without us getting paid on a valid lead to these other companies, and Ameriquest also misleading us to believe that 47 states are covered (per their description in CJ). Pathetic.

Has anyone contacted CJ about the code of conduct and Ameriquest violation(s)?

I haven't, but I'm thinking about how I would phrase it and which CJ department I would want to contact (use Contact Us -> Ask A Question? or some other method like a phone call)

ABW Ambassador
    I would use Ask a Question (so it's documented in writing). As to how you would phrase it, I think that's pretty simple. Just tell them what they are doing and that it is not disclosed on their Advertiser Detail that they are only paying for leads in 4 specific states (name them) and then quote the text from the Code of Conduct illustrating the violation.

I finally bit the bullet and called CJ's phone support for the very first time, today. Their email support had only been giving me canned responses about Ameriquest.

This is another month that Ameriquest's payouts are stuck in Locked status after the payment scripts have been done at CJ. All my merchant payments are now in Current Balance, except Ameriquest. At least I was finally paid up through my March commissions, but my April and May payments are still in limbo. Ironically, April was the month that I did best with Ameriquest leads. I stopped promoting them in early May because it became clear that they were not paying their affiliates in a timely manner.

So the support rep said that Ameriquest is a "known issue", and that there is nothing she can do about it. The Advertiser Department is supposedly "working hard" with Ameriquest to get money paid out to publishers, she said. I pressed her for contact info for Ameriquest's affiliate manager, and she said that CJ is not allowed to give that out. When I mentioned that the vast majority of CJ merchants have at least some kind of contact information available in Advertiser Detail, and Ameriquest does not, she said that that is their choice. She seemed annoyed, and not very helpful. I got the distinct feeling that she has heard many complaints about Ameriquest and just doesn't want to talk about it any more.

So there you have it. They are "working on it", and hope to eventually have Ameriquest pay up. In the meantime CJ allows them to keep their program active. And obviously affiliates are still promoting them considering the high 7-day EPC. I hope people are figuring out what's going on and taking a hard look at whether it's worthwhile to continue to promote them.

I just hope I can recover the money they owe me.

At least they are holding on. GetSmart is supposed to be deactivated completely from CJ today.

Mortgage offers are going down fast at this point.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread