:up: for 1and1 Affiliate service
    Just wanted to let everyone know how great 1and1 affiliate services are.
    Spoke to Jesse Bouman at their affiliate offices and the service our company got was super wonderful.
    Very knowledge about the program and very professional.
    Also gave some good ideas on how to promote the 1and1 hosting services.
    Not pushing 1and1 services but just sharing with everyone how wonderful they are and how much they value their affiliates.
    This is one program worth checking out if you promoting hosting services.
    We even signed up for a dedicated server for one of our clients with them cause they are so great.
    1and1 you are
    Jesse vous Ítes grand

ABW Ambassador
    They sure sound "wonderful" & "great"

come on, join in everybody

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
    Brighter than a lucky penny,
    When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
    And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
    That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
    When you're in love to stay.

'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
    And love is here to stay!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    come on, join in everybody

When you're in love to stay.

'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
    And love is here to stay!

OK. I will have some of what you smoking as well
    LOL

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Oh, I thought it said "One ON One Affiliate Service"

I was gonna' recommend someone special

Internet Cowboy
    I am glad 1and1 has great affiliate support because, based on my personal experience with their hosting, they have one of the worst hosting products in the industry. But as long as they support their affiliates you are good to go. Providing good hosting service to the customer isn't really important anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I am glad 1and1 has great affiliate support because, based on my personal experience with their hosting, they have one of the worst hosting products in the industry. But as long as they support their affiliates you are good to go. Providing good hosting service to the customer isn't really important anyway.
    never heard that before. in fact i noticed that they were ranked very high which is why we went with them. had no problem so far and we are running two dedicated servers with them.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Simple question: Why would you talk up their affiliate program so much if you were a fellow affiliate? Normally that brings in a lot of competition.

Or do you have a relationship with the merchant and are trying to promote the program?

People often talk up (or down) hosting itself on this board, and some complain of a bad time in a hosting aff program, but you are the first (other than the merchant themselves) to promote a hosting affiliate program.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Simple question: Why would you talk up their affiliate program so much if you were a fellow affiliate? Normally that brings in a lot of competition.

Or do you have a relationship with the merchant and are trying to promote the program?

People often talk up (or down) hosting itself on this board, and some complain of a bad time in a hosting aff program, but you are the first (other than the merchant themselves) to promote a hosting affiliate program.
    actually i was not promoting the program and i do not have any relationship with them except as an affiliate.
    if you read my original post carfully you will see that i state "Not pushing 1and1 services but just sharing with everyone how wonderful they are and how much they value their affiliates."

Not so nice Scott
    I'd like to correct what Scott says: Our hosting product was the worst fit for Scott's need, I met with Scott at the Affiliate Summit, I thought we had a good chat, and Scott you even send me an email to apologize and let us know that you mistook us for an other company. You have my contacts, if you want me to send you that email, just let me know, so you can publish it (or parts of it) on this forum.

BTW we just jumped from #7 in the US to #5 , tells me that we are a good fit for most.

Respectfully,

Here's another reason we are moving and refering all our clients to 1and1 as well as our own account with dedicated servers.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Web...op&__lf=Static

Rated number one by most companies.
    Then again UncleScooter I was telling people how wonderful the affiliate program was and you came out making accusations so here is prove to show you are wrong.
    Next time stick to the topic of the thread and don't just and you will not be made out to look like

Internet Cowboy
    I experienced two periods of downtime of more than 5 hours each in a four day period and all I was told was the server was doing a "file system check, a unix term" and there was no idea when it would be completed or when it would happen again by your support staff. I asked to speak with a higher level of support or a supervisor and was flat out denied. I got no notice that my sites would be offline and got no help from your support people once I noticed it. I guess that kind of hosting fits some people's needs, but you are right, it does not fit mine.

When I told you that threads and posts were mysteriously deleted in your support forum I did mistake you for another company and readily admit that.

Jesse, I am not trying to be "not so nice". I call it like it happened. It's all documented. Over a month or two, I tried shared hosting at no less than a half dozen hosts and found most of them to be terribly slow or unreliable. For companies to advertise 99% uptime and all these zillions of benefits and bells and whistles and not be able to deliver uninterrupted hosting for more than a week deserves publicity.

Apparently my case was just a freak occurence and never happens to anyone else. If so, rock on. If your support staff would have at least been more receptive to the concerns of a customer with a valid issue, I would not have ended up being such a sour former customer.

Congrats on your move to #5.

Yes 1and1 sounds Good, Looks Good but to bad their hosting sucks. After giving them a three months try I pulled my sites a few weeks ago. Found the servers slow a lot of the times and unavailable several times a week. But I guess since they sound so good why not send your clients to 1and1, glad I am not client

Quote Originally Posted by dzaifman
    Then again UncleScooter I was telling people how wonderful the affiliate program was and you came out making accusations so here is prove to show you are wrong.
    Next time stick to the topic of the thread and don't just and you will not be made out to look like
    Holy Crap! Yer not going to make many friends around here trashing Uncle Scoots - me included!

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaifman
    Here's another reason we are moving and refering all our clients to 1and1 as well as our own account with dedicated servers.

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Web...op&__lf=Static

Rated number one by most companies.
    Hosting affiliates offering awards. How impressive! Certainly these affiliates have no other agenda! Congratulations on your dedicated servers. You mention this three times as if it is some kind of accomplishment.
    Adieu!

Thanks for the congrats
    I experienced two periods of downtime of more than 5 hours each in a four day period and all I was told was the server was doing a "file system check, a unix term" and there was no idea when it would be completed or when it would happen again by your support staff. I asked to speak with a higher level of support or a supervisor and was flat out denied. I got no notice that my sites would be offline and got no help from your support people once I noticed it. I guess that kind of hosting fits some people's needs, but you are right, it does not fit mine.

When I told you that threads and posts were mysteriously deleted in your support forum I did mistake you for another company and readily admit that.

Jesse, I am not trying to be "not so nice". I call it like it happened. It's all documented. Over a month or two, I tried shared hosting at no less than a half dozen hosts and found most of them to be terribly slow or unreliable. For companies to advertise 99% uptime and all these zillions of benefits and bells and whistles and not be able to deliver uninterrupted hosting for more than a week deserves publicity.

Apparently my case was just a freak occurence and never happens to anyone else. If so, rock on. If your support staff would have at least been more receptive to the concerns of a customer with a valid issue, I would not have ended up being such a sour former customer.

Congrats on your move to #5.
    OK UncleScooter, I will keep it short, thanks for the clarification, thanks for the congrats, and when ever you have time, shoot me an email or give me a call. I believe that you were unhappy with 1&1 as a host, but not with me.

Go catch a bass See you in Miami..

dzaifman thanks for the kind comments

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    Holy Crap! Yer not going to make many friends around here trashing Uncle Scoots - me included!
    do i know you ? do you know me ?
    do i need to impress you or UncleScooter ? the answer is no to all questions.
    i tell it like it is. you two are the idiots trying to cause a fight and cause a big deal.
    all i said was that i was happy with their affiliate program and UncleScooter started to talk trash.
    I don't get paid by Rainmaker, UncleScooter or anyone else unless I work.
    I did not include my affiliate link here nor a link to a site that had my affiliate link. Was not trying to push anyone to buy it.
    If you not happy for some reason with 1and1, fine but don't trash me or the program as this thread was not about the service just the affiliate program.
    If you wanted to trash 1and1 do it in another thread or board.
    Next time both you and UncleScooter should stick to the topic of the actual thread but then again you both like to

Oh Rainmaker I forgot to tell you one more thing [REMOVED -BAN WARNING]
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; May 17th, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Why do ['alleged'] shill posts always end up with the company in question finally posting, people cursing at one an other and members possibly being banned?

Now before this gets any uglier ... please step back and think - is it really worth it?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    dzaifman you will have to excuse all of us for being suspicious. This does look a lot like a shill post. But, then again we don't know that for certain, so I for one will give you the benefit of the doubt.

This thread is not really helping the hosting company much though is it? If you really want to help a merchant, advise them to buy an ad on this forum. The new merchant postings start at only $75 http://www.abestweb.com/advertising/ and you can then chime in on their post (if you want). You generate far less suspicion and draw out a lot fewer bad merchant experiences. The forum is happy, the members view the merchant in an honorable manner, and we don't get all these hard feelings.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Internet Cowboy
    Yep. This thread looks great for the 1and1 affiliate program. Perfect endorsement!!!

Haiko, when you do finally ban this guy can I click the button?

For what it's worth, I don't think Jesse put this fool up to this. He has more class than that.

Thank you uncleScooter
    Yep. This thread looks great for the 1and1 affiliate program. Perfect endorsement!!!

Haiko, when you do finally ban this guy can I click the button?

For what it's worth, I don't think Jesse put this fool up to this. He has more class than that.
    Thank you UncleScooter.

From now on I stop posting on this thread and get back to reading the forum as a non registered guest.

I am not posting this as the company, but as myself. Sorry for every body's time, I shouldn't have reacted on UncleScooter's post, but instead send him an email or grab the phone. As far as for making any company's program look good or bad, I believe that at the level that most of you are you should know that not every vertical works out for every body, and that affiliate marketing stands or fall with good relationships between merchants and affiliates (I like to say partners).

Let's get back to productivity!

Respectfully,

Jesse

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread