Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Offline until May 21st
    With this post, I'm closing the lap top, turning it off and heading out on a flyfishing trip for a few days with my younger brother. I won't have internet access (yippieeee!!) so see you all after the 21st. Happy Trails
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

You -- lucky son of a gun!! I envy you, man.... I wish I had that much time to fish......

Sincerely happy for you tho'. Best of luck, Alan!! Take pics!

Geno

What a great trip! We fished the north fork of the Platte river through an area called 11 mile canyon. Our campsite was right on the river, and the rainbow trout are on their spawning run, so the river was loaded with eager fish!

My favorite time came Sat afternoon / evening. There had been a pretty good number of fishermen on the river Saturday as most area rivers are running high and off-color due to spring runoff right now, so the 11 mile canyon area is one of the few clear running rivers.

We decided to wait until around 4 pm to go back out, figuring that the "day-trip" fishermen would be leaving around then. Good call... The river was virtually vacant by 4:30. I fished from 4:30 to 7 pm and brought in 25 - 30 nice spawning rainbows, and one nice 22" brown trout.

We had a great time, camped in a beautiful mountain setting, enjoyed our nightly campfires, and caught (released) MANY nice trout. But now it's back to bidniss!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Welcome Back!

That sounds like it was an awesome trip....any pics?
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    welcome back!!!

Awesome awesome. I've got to get out that way one of these days. I haven't hit a true Blue Ribbon yet (Is the Platte Blue Ribbon?)

Took my new Yak out for the first time yesterday, and missed two nice pike right at the boat. Turns out there's a lot going on at once when you are floating a river and fishing in a one man kayak

I'll point you at the blog entry when I get photos up.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Awesome awesome. I've got to get out that way one of these days. I haven't hit a true Blue Ribbon yet (Is the Platte Blue Ribbon?)
    Actually, this stretch of the Platte is a "Gold Medal" water. One of my favorite stretches of the Platte. I chuckled at your comment about your single man kayak. Yes, you find real quick that fishing and navigating a kayak simultaneously is an eye opener!

I have single man pontoon drift boats. I do not normally fish while I am rowing in the single (on rivers). I use them to get to places along the drift that are likely looking walk - wade stretches. On lakes though, the pontoons are an easy way to spend a relaxing day.

Right. I'm looking forward to getting it into the trout ponds in the Adirondacks. Slow and steady not only wins the race, it tends to keep you alive ;p
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    I seem to have missed this thread. I had no idea you were gone. Congrats on having a good time and catching lots of fish.
    I'll get back out after J gets here this weekend.

Sounds like you've had a great time, Alan. As always, I envy you in this regard, man... Wait until I am closer to you geographically! We'll then need to plan something together!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Right. I'm looking forward to getting it into the trout ponds in the Adirondacks...
    Kevin, when did you change your avatar?! Show us all a larger picture, man!

Geno

Hey gang, thanks for the welcome! We did have a great time. For me, there is nothing that comes close to comparing to the absolute pleasure I get from the outdoors.

Something about a slow burning / crackling campfire, beautiful river waters, the sounds of wildlife surrounding us, stepping into the water, spotting rainbows and the anticipation of a good tussle with a lively trout just tweaks my hubs! I'd put a rainbow sticker on my truck window, but I'm not sure it'd be interpreted correctly

Nice to know you had such a good time!

...and welcome back!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Welcome home Alan! Glad you had a good time
    corralling
    the
    fishies
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thanks Rex - and everyone else too. I'm possibly taking my 3 year old granddaughter (Sage) fishing later this week. Got to get her started young so she grows up appreciating nature and the great activities it holds for all.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    I'm possibly taking my 3 year old granddaughter (Sage) fishing later this week. Got to get her started young so she grows up appreciating nature and the great activities it holds for all.
    Great name! We just named our new cat Sage. :-)

Good idea teaching her to appreciate the great outdoors at a young age. She'll love it forever. And I suspect she'll want you to take her fishing and camping once a month.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Great name! We just named our new cat Sage. :-) Good idea teaching her to appreciate the great outdoors at a young age. She'll love it forever. And I suspect she'll want you to take her fishing and camping once a month.
    Actually my son (Jeremy) who is her father named her after his favorite fly rod manufacturer, "Sage". His 7 month old son is also named after the sport. His name is Fisher. It's official as of tonight... We have Sage and Fish all day Thursday and they are spending the night! So with any luck at all, we'll get Sagey out on the little "pay pond" near our house and let her catch a trout. If we do, I'll post a pic.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Slacker
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread