Question on setting up coupons on SAS
    All,

I am interested in setting up coupons on SAS, but am a little clueless about some of the fields. There are two - the big image and the little image. They are located on my site, I assume. But beyond that, I'm not sure what the guidelines are...

I had one of my affiliates email me with:

"What I need is for you to make a special coupon banner that says what the current coupon is all the time and when there isn't a coupon it just lists a normal banner. This way I don't have to worry about you changing your coupons, it resets automatically."

So does this mean that people just link to my site to pull the coupon? And somehow their affil code gets added to the link?

How do I send it out via a newsletter then? I think I've seen reference to people posting that we should include it in there so they don't have to search. I'm all for making things easier for people to sell my items, but I think there's a concept or two I'm not getting!

We will be adding dog related embroidery items (cute and not mind-blowingly expensive) over the summer, so I hope to get set with couponing before then.

Thanks,
    Juli Bednarzyk
    AdLib Promotional, Inc.
    www.YourDogStuff.com
    www.AdLibPromo.com <--- main site being revised!

Juli,

Your best source for help would be SAS themselves at shareasale [at] sharesale.com. I've found them to be most helpful and quick to respond.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Let me know And I will add your coupons to my site

Quote Originally Posted by Juli - AdLib
    I am interested in setting up coupons on SAS, but am a little clueless about some of the fields. There are two - the big image and the little image. They are located on my site, I assume. But beyond that, I'm not sure what the guidelines are...
    Those 'little image' and 'big image' entries should be exactly what it says there : (i) a "Thumbnail size image, typically 100x100, 120x120, etc..." that is offered for affiliates to feature at their websites next to your coupon description or on their own (just as a regular product thumbnail image) and (ii) a "Larger sized image, if needed" (italics mine) or a close-up image if you want to use one.

The guidelines that follow are also pretty straightforward:

HTML Description - Allows you to provide your deal/coupon description in an HTML format.

Description - Very brief non-HTML description of the deal, where you would describe it in a few words.

Restrictions - e.g.: "May not be combined with any other coupons, deals and/or discounts" or "None".

Keywords - Self-explanatory

Is this deal open to all affiliates?... - Choose "Public for All Affiliates" or (if the coupon/deal is exclusive to one or more select affiliates) pick the affiliates from the list (hold that Ctrl button when choosing multiple affiliates).

Your defined category for this creative - Just as you create a "Text Links" category for text links, a "Christmas Banners" category for Christmas-realted banners and so on, create a category for this creative (coupons/deals are a part of your creative inventory) of your too.

When this creative is used, should a special commission amount be given? If so, list that here. - Self-explanatory

"What I need is for you to make a special coupon banner that says what the current coupon is all the time and when there isn't a coupon it just lists a normal banner. This way I don't have to worry about you changing your coupons, it resets automatically."

So does this mean that people just link to my site to pull the coupon? And somehow their affil code gets added to the link?
    They want a dynamically renewing coupon -- one that you would renew, and they would just have the same string of code on their site that would show the current coupon.

See these examples: example 1 and example 2. See how Carolyn is replacing the image there? That's what you do on your end (the affiliate manager end). On the affiliate end, in this case, they do nothing beyond relevant positioning of your original coupon on their site, but as you keep replacing old-coupon banners with new ones, the shopper sees the new ones on all affiliate sites that use the code for your dynamic coupon. Needless to say, it can be employed powerfully for seasonal sales, holiday coupons/deals, and other dates/events throughout the year.

How do I send it out via a newsletter then? I think I've seen reference to people posting that we should include it in there so they don't have to search. I'm all for making things easier for people to sell my items, but I think there's a concept or two I'm not getting!
    I log into my ShareASale affiliate account, pull up the links of the merchant whose newsletter I am putting together, and enter a banner image (they are hosted at ShareASale once you've uploaded them and you can see them in the code for each coupon) followed by the HTML tracking code in which my own affiliate ID is replaced by !!USERID!! (SaS' newsletter short-code that automatically gets replaced by the recipient's actual affiliate ID, making the link 100% workable).

Hope this helps.

Geno

Please also let us know the EXPIRATION dates and when coupon expires please send a new one via email

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    Please also let us know the EXPIRATION dates and when coupon expires please send a new one via email
    The start date and the expiration date are entered before the images that I've started explaining from... So, I guess Juli doesn't have any questions about those. But good point, Jason.

Geno

I had one of my affiliates email me with:

You're talking about two different things.

The big image and little image in the SAS Coupon/Deal Database are (optional) images/banners for a specific coupon.

What your affiliate is asking for is a dynamically updated banner that always displays your most current coupon or promotion (or a generic banner if there isn't a coupon or promotion). Affiliates can put this banner on a page, never touch it again, and always have the most current information. If you do it right, you make the changes on your end and your affiliates don't have to change anything.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks to all who replied - I am hoping to have coupons over the next coming year for the coupon sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    The start date and the expiration date are entered before the images that I've started explaining from... So, I guess Juli doesn't have any questions about those. But good point, Jason.

Geno
    Thanks Gene. I understood everything except more detailed information about the actual images, which is what I meant about detailed guidelines - for the images specifically. My confusion was generated more by the interchange from my affiliate, since when I went back with *his* comments in mind, things seemed a lot less clear!

Ok - not to be a goof-ball, but I'm finally coming back to this after all of these months.

To verify...

I would set this up as a regular coupon but perhaps name it dynamic coupon? And then replace it on SaS with the latest and greatest (or a default free shipping over $75) if there are no specials running?

Then affiliates will pull 'dynamic coupon' and never have a problem with it again, rt?

I mean - the only thing that is different about it is that I maintain it rather than letting it expire into nothingness...?

I will be placing sweatshirts on sale for 9.99 (mainly to move 50-50 which I never use, I've switched to 100% cotton only) and want them out of my storage space. Isn't July the perfect month? My landing page will be an actual product page, but I maintain that on SaS while updating the coupon.

The worst thing would be to make one wrong, announce it and then get hate mail from my affiliates!

THANKS ALL!!

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Juli, email me your phone number and I'll walk you through it.
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

I've uploaded some perpetual coupons, but I put them in the banner section instead of the coupon section. I then added them to the coupon section with an expiration date of NEVER. Should I have put them in both spots?

I put the banners up first, and then couldn't delete them. Sigh...

Juli
    adlibpro
    www.yourdogstuff.com

Actually, the upload on the first banner timed out on me. Is it acceptable to have the perpetual coupon only in the banner section?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread