Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    HELP!!! What happened to Link to a Specific PAGE???
    HELP!!

I was out for about three hours and when I returned and loged in in to SAS I first saw the reorganization of the interface, putting all above the fold links into catagories. Ok, not good, but I can deal with that.

What I cannot deal with is there is no link anywhere for the creating links to specific merchant pages, i. e., specific products, tool.

I do not use datafeeds (except for a very limited amount through GC)

I do all of my pages/links by hand, creating product graphic and text links for my sites.

Due to all of the great things I had read about SAS in ABW, and in the relatively brief time I have used SAS, I have found this to be more than correct, and over the past 3-4 months, I have been changing over, by now thousands, of product links from CJ and LS merchants to SAS, with thousands to go.

I do this with the create links to specific merchant pages tool.

Without this, my use of SAS is DEAD.

I can no longer create such product links without this, and will no longer be able to add products from the SAS merchants I am seriously promoting, and others I have great future plans for.

PLEASE, BRIAN, put this tool back!!!!!!!!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Nothing is re-organized...it is still right there.

"Create a Custom Link to a Page"

Under "Get Links"
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Nothing is re-organized...it is still right there.

"Create a Custom Link to a Page"

Under "Get Links"
    This is all I see: No "Create a Custom Link to a Page"

GET LINKS:: DESCRIPTIONS

Get a Link/Banner - Click to view
    Find a banner, text link, HTML creative, Referal URL or any other type of creative that a merchant has available for use.

Datafeeds - Click to view
    View a list of available feeds including number of products and "last updated" statistic.

Coupons/Deals - Click to view
    Merchants upload coupon codes and special deals that you can use to drive traffic and sales.

FTP Access for Datafeeds - Click to view
    Find out which merchants have approved you for FTP access, and get the details on how to FTP into our system to retrieve datafeeds.

Get Specific Product Linking Code - Click to view
    Here you can find links to specific products.

"Make A Page" - Click to view
    The ShareASale Make A Page feature will help you find products that are relevant to your audience, and create pages quickly based on those products. You can enter any (minimum of 1) number of search criteria, and you will be shown a list of relevant products for merchant programs that you are a part of. Your HTML will be provided, pre-coded with your affiliate link - all you have to do is copy and paste the code into your site.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

put in a graphic to show... i understand what you are talking about and that is a different menu section... I will have it added there as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Your thumbnail was what I saw in the SAS interface from the time I joined last year until this afternoon. Now I see something very different, with only catagories, and no individual links to tools, reports, etc.

I tried clicking on each catagory, and did not find it. I posted what I do see in the "Get Links catagory".

Thanks for your help.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Ah, I see what's going on. In the gray navigation area with white and yellow text near the top of the page, there is a link for "Create a Custom Link to a Page". However, if you actually click "Get Links" at the top, you then see below this a description of each of the options in this category, and the "Create a Custom Link to a Page" option is missing. Until Brian has it added, just use the navigation link at the top for it.

AffiliateHound,

Click the "Expand" button in the far right bottom corner of the navigation bar... it will bring back the piece that is now missing.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

OK, this is really weird,

As a Mac user, my default browser is Safari.

Everything I have posted here relates to what I see in Safari, including NO LINK ANYWHERE for the Create a Custom Link to a Page (since this afternoon - always there up to then)

After Brian's last post, I opened Firefox, and using Firefox, everything is just as it always was, including the link to Create a Custom Link to a Page.

I have seen plenty of differences in web page layout with different bowsers in the past, but never quite anything like this, but what is really puzzling, is why did this happen for the first time this afternoon?

Anyway, thanks again for the help Brian, (and Spacedog) but if the Create a Custom Link to a Page link is added to the "Get Links" section, that will make things as they were and much easier than having to switch browsers.

Any other Mac users see this happening??

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    AffiliateHound,

Click the "Expand" button in the far right bottom corner of the navigation bar... it will bring back the piece that is now missing.
    PERFECT - back to the way it was.

Thank you soooo much, Brian.

I feel like a total idiot.

Can I delete this whole thread?????

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread