Faster Payments?
    I just received a survey from CJ asking if I would like to be paid more frequently. The questions asked in the survey are:

1. How satisfied are you with the current frequency of payment (i.e., receiving a check after the 20th of the month)? [Select one choice]

Unsatisfied Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

2. How valuable would it be to your publisher business to receive commission payments more frequently? [Select one choice]

Not Valuable Somewhat Valuable Valuable Extremely Valuable

3. How do you currently receive your monthly commission payment? [Select one choice]

Check Direct Deposit

4. How satisfied are you with the current payment methods (Direct Deposit or Check) available to you? [Select one choice]

Unsatisfied Somewhat Satisfied Satisfied Very Satisfied

5. If you could receive your monthly commission payment via another payment method, which would you prefer? [Select all that apply]

PayPal Debit Card Check via Fed Ex Other (please specify)

6. What other features would you like to see in your monthly commission payment?
    Sounds like some good news is coming!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    Monthly works for me. It's easier to keep up with it that way. If they want to go to twice a month that is fine too. I wonder if that would mean the usual reporting delays and sluggishness that happens when payments are being processed would happen twice a month?

It'll be pretty meaningless unless merchants start offering quicker locking periods. Pretty much all of my merchants use the standard "lock on the 10th unless extended".

I put several notes in the "what else would you like to see" section. For instance, I'd like to see CJ stop extending credit on our behalf.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Got the survey too.... um... sure, I'll take the money sooner if it means transactions are locked sooner (as Mr. Coley has explained). Btw, I haven't seen normal reporting delays and sluggishness around the 12th-15th like we used to see... not in several months at least. I think that's evidenced by the lack of CJ Delay threads as of late. Better go find some wood to knock on...

ABW Ambassador
    I can't imagine that CJ will be paying any sooner than they already are with respect to the previous month's transactions if a merchant has adequate funds on deposit. If they do implement a second monthly payment, I suspect that would be from merchants who don't make the existing deadline; i.e., rather than wait another full month to be paid, you would be paid at the new second monthly payment date.

As I've commented previously, when Linkshare went to two monthly payments, it actually lengthened the time it took to get paid from how they had paid affiliates previously.

For number 5 question..I'll choose Debit Card

Quote Originally Posted by clutax
    For number 5 question..I'll choose Debit Card
    What does that mean exactly? How is that different than DD?

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, that's what I wondered too. You don't pay money to a debit card. You pay money (direct deposit in this case) to the account associated with a debit card.

Wasn't there a company a couple of years ago that issued debit cards... oh yea 2Checkout.com. They had their own debit card (which later they sued) for access to your money in your account. It would be interesting (and a bad idea) if CJ issued their own debit card (with visa/mc logo) much like paypal does. That would leave balances in CJ and let them earn more money.

Okay, I will stop now. Trainwreck.

I'm concerned about how twice-monthly payments would affect merchants - It seems like it could actually worsen the locking/waiting period in between the close of a period and the actual payment.

This somehow reminds me of LS a year or two ago. All the hype about how this would benifit the affiliates and I still don't think they were able to get merchant payments any faster. Things may have improved, but that is the last I remember.

I think the answers to the survey will be as varied as the levels of affiliates. Newbies would probably love a check every two weeks. Me, I'd rather just have one a month just to cut down on bookeeping.

But I do agree that CJ should not extend credit on behalf of the affiliates. If they don't have the funds from the merchant to pay affiliates, then don't fool the affiliates by collecting commissions and putting in in the affiliates reports if you can't pay the affiliates.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

my balanced dropped

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    5. If you could receive your monthly commission payment via another payment method, which would you prefer? [Select all that apply]

PayPal Debit Card Check via Fed Ex Other (please specify)
    I selected "other" -- none of the above.

I'm satisfied with current monthly payment. Bi-monthly will be ok too.

Anyway, I don't understand why is CJ trying to change things that work just fine.

I don't care too much about 2 payments per month in my case.

I suggested PayPal and payment (check) in my local currency: Brazilian Real (lol they probably are laughing now from my request)
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by atonca
    Anyway, I don't understand why is CJ trying to change things that work just fine.
    they are not changing yet, they just want to know if is really fine for everybody.
    [URL="tinyurl.com/p4wpj"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdWords [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="tinyurl.com/hphom"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]Commission Junction [/COLOR]Community[/URL] | [URL="http://tinyurl.com/nh6fc"]Orkut [COLOR="Red"]AdSense[/COLOR] Community[/URL]

Would that mean 2 posts a month asking if we are getting paid?

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Would that mean 2 posts a month asking if we are getting paid?
    lol

I would love to see 2 payment dates. I think if CJ switched to having 2 payment dates they would have to do something about the locking period. I am sure CJ set up the locking schedule and not the merchants, the merchants are just playing by CJ's rules. Don't a lot of other networks offer more than one payment date? I think it could be done, but I dont want it done if it is going to be at the expence of transaction delays and/or errors. I agree that CJ has been doing pretty good as far as delays go lately, to bad my campagns cant say the same sometimes

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    strikes me here that several are saying monthly is just fine - same for me.

fraudsters would love to be paid more often, lessens their risks if they're caught. subaffiliate cpa networks love to tell the story about how they need faster payments to allow time for processing payments to all their "affilates"...

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    What does that mean exactly? How is that different than DD?
    Sorry, I'm not US resident publisher. So for (DD)Direct Deposite, I dont have bank account in US. Debit Card suitable for me, usualy avalible in any countries as long the atm have VISA Debit logo.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread