Chambers of Commerce or Business Magazine ?
    Wondering if that is a good idea to join one or try a business magazine to keep myself informed.

I own a small company were we install digital remote surveillance systems. the cost is about $700.

Just wondering if anybody has tried something similar and see what they think...any feedback is appreciated

I would join both the Chamber of Commerce & Business Magazines.
    Wondering if that is a good idea to join one or try a business magazine to keep myself informed.
    Not only does this help you to be informed about your competitors, it also helps consumers locate your service.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Your local Chamber of Commerce is often an ideal way to "network" with other business owners in your community. Your goal, in general, is to get as many people as possible to know who you are and what you do. This should help generate both referrals and direct customers.

In our area, each Chamber of Commerce hosts a "mixer" or "open house" once per quarter, as well as a lunch meeting once per month. These are generally open to all community members (there is usually a charge).

Other strategies include joining a local community service organization (like a Rotary, Lions, or Kiwanis club), or a local "business networking group."

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, there is at least one Chamber of Commerce and several service clubs in each city -- and some are much more effective for business owners than others.

It's certainly a good idea to read one or two books about "networking," which should cover ways to promote your business effectively within various social situations. Don't just model your own behavior on the first few people you meet in a group -- you're likely to first meet the most outgoing people, who may sometimes be a bit "pushy."

Joining the chamber will be a great move for you get to net work with other business owners as well as get to know them on a personal level. You can also keep yourself informed by the services like audio version of BusinessWeek. Until a few days back I didnít know if there could be an audio service like this. A friend of mine discover the service at (edited out) and told me. Iím pretty impressed with the new way of listening to BusinessWeek.

ABW Ambassador
    Bye guys. (same person)

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread