ABW Ambassador
    I got this email below and figured I'd pass it along for all the other people out their who want to get rich too - LOL.

Really, the main reason I felt compelled to provide this was to demonstrate that as bad as my writing can be........

"It ain't that bad afterall" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dear Sir,

I am Hajia Mariam , wife of the Late Nigerian Military Head of State, General Sanni Abacha. Who died as a result of cardiac arrest on the 8th of June, 1998.

As a result of the satisfactory and reliable information gathered about you from a confidant, who is the Chairman, International Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Nigeria. I want to seek yourpersonal assistance in carrying out a business transaction that involves the sum of US$2.8bn, which my husband had lodged in the following banks overseas. The UBS, deutche Bank, Citibank, Barcklays, Credit Agricole – Suez, HSBC, MM Warburg, the Bank of Luxemburg and Credit Swisse of Switzerland.

Why I am seeking for your assistance to be a facilitator to this business, is because, some executives of this banks informed me, that the Nigerian government is attempting to retrieve all
    funds deposited in foreign banks by Abacha’s Family and all government officials that served during, my late husband’s regime.

As a result of this, some of the banks now want me to look for partners who have companies, that can accommodate some of this funds in their names/company names and bank account. So that
    me and my family will not suffer loss. Because all the accounts were opened in our Family names.

Hence my contacting you for the transfer of US$28.6m for a start after which you will inform me on how much more you can take/accommodate
    in your personal/company accounts.

This business is risk free as the security company, that helped my husband to lodged this fund overseas will oversee the transferof fund from any of this banks to your nominated bank account, so that you will not be directly involved. This bank does not need to meet with you, as the security company will take charge
    of the transfer from any of these banks into your account. When the time comes you will meet with those that works with the security company for final arrangement. Every necessary modality
    will be taking by the banks and the security company to avoid any hitches, depending on how you want the transfer to be made.

If you are interested, please send to me via Fax Number: 234-1-7591023 or phone 234-802-3245914
    or e-mail my lawyer:, your personal phone and fax number / e-mail address, respectively would be needed for easy comunication.

Looking forward to your urgent rely and at the same time thanking you in anticipation of your future cooperation.

Yours faithfully.

Hajia (Mrs.) Mariam Abacha.

Now I’m mad! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]I faxed that woman yesterday and told her that I’d take her up on her offer. Now I find out that she’s emailing other people. I guess you can’t trust anybody anymore! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

“That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

It isn't that you can't trust her.

She has several US$2.8bn transactions that she needs to do. She just doesn't want to put all her eggs in one basket since she doesn't know you all that well, even though you do come with the highest recommendations.

I hope I have cleared this matter up for you.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Torrance, CA
    So I can still get in on it? Good!

I can hardly wait! I sent all my bank account info, plus all my family members bank info, so we should all be rich soon! I can hardly wait!
    No more affiliate marketing! YAY! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Connie Berg

New York
    The part I love the best is ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>e-mail my lawyer:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a lawyer who managers 2.8B and he/she has an anonymous (a2n72) yahoo account! ROTFLMAO!

One born every minute I guess!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    It seems as thought being a military dictator in Africa is conducive to having a short life span. I wonder if it's hard for those fellows to get insurance? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Cleveland, OH
    I get that same letter, in about 10 variations, about 10 times a day across all my emails. I should be so rich right now, but I never respond, maybe I should?

The sick thing is, it does work, and they're making money.

Karma will be a *****.

"I want to make you more money with a professional and low cost web design. Let's chat."

The sad thing is people actually fool for it

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Imagine the one's who disappear when meeting the perps with a satchel of cash to get the secret bank account #'s after paying the earnest monies for legal fees & such. They behead and burn you in Nigeria for dressing and looking like a Christian or a Miss World Contestant. Their nice neighbors in Sudan have run an open slave market for 1500 years. Selling the huge scams is quicker money than than having to feed and auction off kidnapped women and boys for 35.00 a head to the slave traders.

WebMaster Mike

Where would Nigeria get 2.8 million, much less 2.8 billion?

@Webmaster Mike - well put. Financial scams, slavery, junk mail, religious bigotry, boo hiss.

Sorry, which country were we talking about?

LOL - consider this good-natured baiting. It's been a long - yet successful - week during which I've added management of a dedicated server (and therefore much stress) to my spinning platestock.
    It's now v late Friday and I'm unwinding. Given that my sight is blurred, I have to aim at easy targets [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread