ABW Ambassador
    Reporting is Not Current
    I have two Linkshare merchants who both report all of the previous days transactions in the morning. For one of those merchants, all transactions through 4:59 a.m. GMT of the current day will report. For the other, all transactions through 6:59 a.m. GMT of the current day will report. For today, however, I'm only getting transactions until just before midnight last night (GMT). I have no transactions reporting at all with a 5/18 date. I should have several dozen just between these two merchants.

I know that whatever the problem is was caused by some type of change that Linkshare made early in the evening yesterday because as I reported on another thread, all of my transactions for yesterday temporarily disappeared immediately following yesterday's scheduled downtime.

ABW Ambassador
    I just determined that this problem is only affecting some reports, but not all of them. I primarily use the Individual Item Report and the Product Success Report when looking for transactions and earnings.

For one merchant, when I run an Individual Item Report for May 1 through May 18, it shows 343 transactions. For that same merchant, when I run a Product Success Report for May 1 through May 18, it shows 356 transactions. For the same time period, the discrepancy is much larger between the two reports for the other merchant.

I hope Ranae will pass this along and get it fixed.

The most recently posted transaction I see in the traditional Individual Item report is:

Thursday 17-MAY-2007 01:09

In Synergy Analytics, the most recently posted transaction I see is:

5/18/2007 20:13

So, it looks like Synergy Analytics is up to date. If you need to see it bad enough, you can use Synergy Analytics. (Myself, I can wait.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully this is an easy fix since the data is there. Running "traditional" reports in SA is not an adequate solution since there is no navigation available from one report to another (no dropdown). For transaction reporting, it takes far too many steps to get what you need in SA.

ABW Ambassador
    I just changed the end date from 5/18 to 5/19 and it is now displaying the 5/18 transactions. Note that it is not even 5/19 yet in GMT, not for another 10 minutes.

ABW Ambassador
    Snowman, I can confirm the same thing too. May be a temporary glitch, I hope

No new sales since 19-May-2007 16:14
    Not normal for me. Same trafic, same conditions as an usual weekend.
    Pex

ABW Ambassador
    I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING showing for the 19th. No impressions, clicks, sales, anything on my reports.

I really can't stand Synergy Analytics, so I'll wait.

LS all I want to know is what merchants sold what products yesterday. I don't want to fight my way around SA trying to figure this out. No LS Moderator I won't go the the monthly reports click on that stupid bar and wait while it gives me crap I don't want. That report doesn't give me the info I need to be a better affiliate and make more sales (which I believe is the way YOU make $$$).

On the bright side, do I really need to see this on a daily basis? Probably not, but it does keep me motivated.

Aunt Lily.
    I have the need to see it every hour as I do PPC.
    It's not that my campaigns are not positive on ROI, but I almost EXPECT problems (not reporting or real problem?)
    Pex

ABW Ambassador
    Pexcornel that must be so frustrating. I've never done a PPC campaign because I don't have the resources to monitor it that closely. (When do you sleep?)

How do you handle merchants that report sales every few days? I have some that report sales 1 or 2 times a week max.

Aunt,
    I only do PPC to those who report daily. There are some that report hourly (but pay 3 months after ).
    And about the sleep... no joke there... there is a problem...
    True story: A merchant had a great price for a very hot product. I asked them if they have enough stock (at the sales rate, I was worried). They told me that they have enough stock. And I did PPC with alot of money.
    Four days after the first sales begun, they started to reverse some of them, the majority actually.
    So I have contacted them again and they told me that they sold so many that there was no stock left and they actually don't sale those no more.
    Imagine that....
    Pex

ABW Ambassador
    Still not fixed. Ranae????

I got everything in the morning, I think is all correct.
    Pex

ABW Ambassador
    No, nothing has changed. As I said earlier, this is only impacting some reports, not all of them. Right now, if I run an Individual Item Report for 5/1-5/21, I get fewer results than when I change the end date to 5/22 even though it is still 45 minutes until 5/22 based on Linkshare reporting in GMT. In other words, I have to change the end date to a date in the future to get all results to report on the Individual Item Report.

ABW Ambassador
    It would really be nice to get an update from Linkshare. Here's the latest when running an Individual Item Report for All Merchants. Today is 5/22. When I run a report for 5/1-5/23, I have 53 more transactions report than when I run a report for 5/1-5/22.

Animal Lover
    Is anyone getting different reports in June/July for SynergyAnalytics and the reports from LS? I've run June reports and they don't match - ie like you I'm seeing more items listed in Synergy compared to LS. I normally don't use Synergy because you have to click through so many things to get to the final report but the past few days have been slow (which I thought was just the summer season) but then went to Synergy to see and sure enough - there were more products listed as sold there.

cheers
    Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Yeah, I'm seeing sales in anal-ytics not reported in the reg. reports.

I miss the previous method of reporting ( prior to SynergyAnalytics).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pexcornel
    Aunt,
    I only do PPC to those who report daily. There are some that report hourly (but pay 3 months after ).
    And about the sleep... no joke there... there is a problem...
    True story: A merchant had a great price for a very hot product. I asked them if they have enough stock (at the sales rate, I was worried). They told me that they have enough stock. And I did PPC with alot of money.
    Four days after the first sales begun, they started to reverse some of them, the majority actually.
    So I have contacted them again and they told me that they sold so many that there was no stock left and they actually don't sale those no more.
    Imagine that....
    Pex
    Strange someone playing PPC with real money still continues to drink the Merchant/AM's coolaid. Hot product -Great price + tons of someone elses PPCSE traffic winds up with a middleman seller dropping the sold out product. Drink some more coolaid. What's wrong with you people never ever picking a merchant, who's the actual manufacturer/distributor, where stock out never happens for those PPC bucks. Someone could hand you guys 5 years of proven stats that any targeted traffic produces 1 sale per 20 clicks. Only thing you'd come up with is schemes to send masses of untargeted traffic to upset the merchant's sites natural conversion ratio. Day traders in penny stocks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Mike!!!!!!!!!!

It's been tooooooooooooo long since I read one of your posts!

As always, no idea what you're saying in your post, but welcome back.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, I never realized how different the two are. I just checked on ONE merchant and there are so many descrepancies between the two reports for this one merchant that my head is spinning.

The old LS individual product report says I have 113 items for a total of $6,293.18. SA says I have 171 products for $7,719.44 in sales. The descrepancies start on July 1 and run through the whole month.

NOT ONE DAY IS THE SAME. Of course when I get paid it will be a completely different number, that doesn't match either report!

Thanks you guys for bringing this to my attention! How am I supposed to track my progress? Guess the only thing I can count on is that I'll get paid a few months after the fact and that's the number to believe. Everything else as it says on the LS report "is for informational purposes only." (Implication don't take this literally!)

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Strange someone playing PPC with real money still continues to drink the Merchant/AM's coolaid. Hot product -Great price + tons of someone elses PPCSE traffic winds up with a middleman seller dropping the sold out product. Drink some more coolaid. What's wrong with you people never ever picking a merchant, who's the actual manufacturer/distributor, where stock out never happens for those PPC bucks. Someone could hand you guys 5 years of proven stats that any targeted traffic produces 1 sale per 20 clicks. Only thing you'd come up with is schemes to send masses of untargeted traffic to upset the merchant's sites natural conversion ratio. Day traders in penny stocks.
    Sorry, but I don't get your point, please explain, if you want to make your point across.
    Thank you.
    Pex
    [URL=http://www.pexcornel.com]Pexcornel blog[/URL]

Animal Lover
    Yeah a bit of a worry when reports vary so much and as Lily said - I can't be sure which one to go on when it comes to commissions due - I would've thought that June reports would be similar since it's now near end of July but my June reports don't match up either.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread