Lightbulb Search Engines will become Extinct - For beginners
    I read an article , I believe in revenue mag. That stated search engines will eventually be instinct. What? I did not belive it either however google and yahoo are already breaking down the niches. For instance 1 example http://books.google.com/ is googles new engine that specializes in books. You can goto their site and enter your keywords and google will find books that contain the same keywords. Cool? You bet!

SO what does this mean for affiliates?. Well its the same thing that the abestwebers have been preaching for the last 3 years. Find your niche and capitalize on it. Create a site that fullfills your niche and give the end users every possible information about your niche. And soon when people search for your niche, they no longer will browse the se's for your niche, they will come right to you. Combine this with social Marketing and your on your way to running a productive business.

Search engines main objective ( well at least 1 of them) is to provide end users the information they are looking for. So instead of showing 10 million results for "a niche" they will realize that if they send users to these niche search engine, that will satisfy the se's, the end user and affiliate.

What I am trying to say is this:
    For an example A user searches for "RC airplanes", instead of showing 100,000 rc airplane merhcants, they will show 100 search engines dedicated to just "Rc AIrplanes" This will narrow down the search for the end user and provide better listings. ANd on top of this the Se's ppc model will ten fold. Because the only way to get listed for merchants is to purchase PPC ads, unless or course they own a niche search engine.

Okay I Know I am rambling and I have been drinking since 1:00 pm EST, so does any of this make sense or should I drink another and call it night, either way I will probably forget all of this.

ABW Ambassador
    When I search for things, most of the time I want to search the whole internet. That's what search engines do, they're not going anywhere. They're the only things out there crawling and indexing most of what's out there.

But nowadays there are also options in how to search. I see them as options, not as replacements.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree with Trust.

While I won't say that SEs'll never go obsolete (everything is eventually obsoleted), I don't see any replacements for that tech in the forseeable future.

SEs going into niches like books isn't a big change; that's a MASSIVE category. So are music and a few other mega "niches."

But if they get too finely grained, they'll negate their own convenience and usefulness. It'd be a huge pain to have to remember something like "http://rubberstampsforkids.google.com"! It works fine to just go to the regular Google and type "rubber stamps for kids" into the search box. Users will not appreciate it if that ease-of-use gets wrecked.

Plus, doing that on a broad basis wouldn't work in the real world. It'd be a total mess. They would be inundated with those who'd put other domain names, misspellings, spaces, and other nonworking what-have-you in front of the .google.com instead of a working category name. Just look at WordTracker or some other search tool and see how many newbs still type web addresses into engines instead of their address bars, for a glimpse at the n00bity the general public is capable of.

For an example A user searches for "RC airplanes", instead of showing 100,000 rc airplane merhcants, they will show 100 search engines dedicated to just "Rc AIrplanes"
    Bad for users--it's annoying to leave one search page only to end up on another search page. It's just as bad as clicking an AdWords ad, only to end up on a page with nothing but more AdWords ads.

I have been drinking since 1:00 pm EST, so does any of this make sense or should I drink another and call it night,
    The verbiage is readable, but the logic seems a bit pickled. So I'd say, drink another and call it a night.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

That stated search engines will eventually be instinct.
    Search Engines will become Extinct - For beginners
    ?? Beer and posting is a bad combination
    don't drink and...

I think this will just be another tool to enhance searches. It will not kill or break google / Y!

If I search for "supra blower", I want to see the whole 1 million hits and I would definately want to have the ability to filter it to 20k for merchants or parts if I want to.

That being said, I think Google came out with this a long time ago. Like have Froogle/G Product as the 1st listing.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread